My PRIV's android version is 6.0.1 and I am told that the latest version is 9.0. Can I update my PRIV to this current android version?
    02-02-19 06:26 PM
    Nope.

The Priv is well past its two years of support and one android letter version upgrade from Lollipop to Marshmallow (which is what you're on).

It's done. BlackBerry even said as much back in December of 2017.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-02-19 07:11 PM
    My PRIV's android version is 6.0.1 and I am told that the latest version is 9.0. Can I update my PRIV to this current android version?
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!! Can I perhaps interest you in this lovely Key2 or Key2 LE with Oreo 8.1 that will be upgraded to Pie 9.0 at sometime in the future?
    the_boon and Vistaus like this.
    02-02-19 07:22 PM
    : ) ha ha
    02-02-19 08:53 PM
    Yes and No. This question has been thrashed to death. Do you not read any forum posts????
    02-03-19 09:23 AM
    Yes and No. This question has been thrashed to death. Do you not read any forum posts????
    It's their first post, be nice.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-03-19 10:16 AM
    It's their first post, be nice.
    At least he could've posted it in the right forum, though.
    02-03-19 05:44 PM
    Tough crowd... a response like this is not warranted in my opinion...

Bob
    02-03-19 06:12 PM
    The industry decided to forego producing Android 7+ drivers for the chipset that the Priv uses so Android 6 is the final OS that will run on it.
    02-04-19 09:44 AM
    Tough crowd... a response like this is not warranted in my opinion...

Bob
    Hmmmm. When I join a forum and post for the first time, I make damm sure I have read back through the forum to check through previous posts - and even perform a search in both forum and general Google. Then I prefix my query with "searched through the forum but can't find info" etc.
    Today too many in all forums on all topics don't want to do any research themselves and just ask for someone else to answer.
    02-04-19 12:49 PM
    Hmmmm. When I join a forum and post for the first time, I make damm sure I have read back through the forum to check through previous posts - and even perform a search in both forum and general Google. Then I prefix my query with "searched through the forum but can't find info" etc.
    Today too many in all forums on all topics don't want to do any research themselves and just ask for someone else to answer.
    I understand your point... My only point was that this was the first post by the OP and a more appropriate response could have been given. Perhaps one that wasn't so harsh...

Bob
    02-04-19 02:02 PM
    I understand your point... My only point was that this was the first post by the OP and a more appropriate response could have been given. Perhaps one that wasn't so harsh...

Bob
    Agreed, just like teachers, kids may ask the same question more than once and it's their job to answer in a polite manner.

While OP's question may seem very obvious to most here. I'm sure they wouldn't have posted if they genuinely didn't know. Always be nice and polite. Even if it is a sore subject for many of us. (Current Priv user)
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-04-19 02:53 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!! Can I perhaps interest you in this lovely Key2 or Key2 LE with Oreo 8.1 that will be upgraded to Pie 9.0 at sometime in the future?
    Nope! Doesn't have as large as or as nice of a display as the Priv. After giving my Priv a fresh factory reset, applying some configuration and removing the HUB, this this flies and get get battery life. It's like owning a stock Android device now but a crazy high res screen and physical keyboard!

Side note, yet to experience any severe battery drain or overheating since making all these changes to the Priv.
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    Yesterday 10:01 PM