My new Walmart Pay Android app can be used to pay for in-store items. Whoosh and it is done ! I AM having troubles getting an itemized receipt, but I assume this is a cockpit problem or Walmart growing pains or both. The iPHONE has been doing this, I think.

For a number of years I have been taking pictures with my phones or tablets of items advertised on TV for future study and possibly to purchase. Typically these pictures include phone numbers and/or website addresses.

So, what about an Android app that scans TV barcode ads and automatically saves the website address and/or goes to that address and/or just goes and buys the item(s) ?

Wait. Duh. There don't appear to be any such barcodes on my TV screen.

Why is that ? Answer: gotta be the Feds ?!?!?!!! Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 07-25-16 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    07-25-16 11:44 AM
    Are you talking about QR codes?
    07-25-16 01:20 PM
    Yes. Why not use them on TV ? Are there technical or political issues preventing them from use on TV ?
    07-25-16 02:02 PM
    I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking what prevents advertisers from using QR codes in TV ads? Nothing. I've seen QR codes in TV ads. You might have to pause live TV to be able to clearly capture the code though, but they work.

If you're asking for app suggestions from the Play Store, search for QR code scanners in the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store.
    07-25-16 02:10 PM
    Yes. Why not use them on TV ? Are there technical or political issues preventing them from use on TV ?
    Ads are 30 sec or 10 second spots. It just doesn't look nice to have a QR code superimposed the whole length of the spot along with instructions on how to capture it on your phone. Probably better to have some sonic substream to send a notification to your phone that is appropriate to your interests. I'm sure Google has something in their labs that do this but needs buyin with content providers.
    07-25-16 02:34 PM
    I was spoiled by the QR codes shown in BB World (on computer) which I could point my Z10/Z30 at and open BB World and the app on my phone. Why doesn't the Play store have something like that. If I open it on my computer and decide I'm interested, I have to manually open the Playstore and search anew on my phone.
    07-25-16 03:44 PM
    I was spoiled by the QR codes shown in BB World (on computer) which I could point my Z10/Z30 at and open BB World and the app on my phone. Why doesn't the Play store have something like that. If I open it on my computer and decide I'm interested, I have to manually open the Playstore and search anew on my phone.
    If you're signed into your account on the computer, when you visit app pages on the Play store, there is a drop-down box that will let you select from your devices, select the one you'd like to push the app to, and done, no phone interaction required

Edit: sorry, guess you have to click 'Install' first, then you get the drop-down box to select your device. Either way, it's pretty convenient and easy to do.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-16 03:54 PM