So it's been nearly 2 months with the phone and all seems good. Lately in the last 2 weeks i'd say, there's been issues with the screen brightness. A lot of the time the screen won't adjust lighting from dark/bright areas. I usually keep my brightness around 30-40% as I had done with my older berrys, and the adaptive would correct where I go.

Lately I need to pull down and keep adjusting every while.

Has anyone ran into this? Is there an option that buried somewhere deep to open?

I hope there is not a app to adjust...
    01-20-16 06:59 AM
    Bump bum
    01-21-16 05:53 PM
    Do you have Adaptive Brightness set under Settings!Display?

I used this setting for the first month and it worked well. I turned it off though to save some battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-21-16 10:48 PM
    I have the same problem. Don't like it

01-21-16 11:24 PM
    Do you have Adaptive Brightness set under Settings!Display?

I used this setting for the first month and it worked well. I turned it off though to save some battery.

Setting has been on since day 1 and was fine. But recently, doesn't seem to adjust properly and I'm constantly increasing/decreasing brightness
    01-22-16 06:04 AM
    I have the same problem. Don't like it

Any play to see if anything works? Not sure where to even start with it
    01-22-16 06:04 AM
    May seem obvious but have you cleaned the glass covering the light sensor?

Sometimes my front facing camera seems clean, but the pics are blurry because it actually is not. So maybe the light sensor area has a smudge that makes it think it is darker than what ir actually is, making the system think it does not have to pop up the brightness.
    01-22-16 06:08 AM
    May seem obvious but have you cleaned the glass covering the light sensor?

Sometimes my front facing camera seems clean, but the pics are blurry because it actually is not. So maybe the light sensor area has a smudge that makes it think it is darker than what ir actually is, making the system think it does not have to pop up the brightness.
    Thanks man. I have been wiping the screen, but not as often, will give a try and keep updated throughout today.
    01-22-16 06:50 AM
    The adaptive brightness feature has been an issue with Android (and iOS for that matter) for as long as I can remember.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 07:08 AM
    Mine seems to work great, certainly no better or worse than any other device I've had.

Love my Priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    01-22-16 07:16 AM
    I wouldn't say my screen doesn't adapt to light and dark surroundings but sometimes it takes longer than usual. Maybe it's a sign of faulty sensor??

01-22-16 07:20 AM
    Mine's working well too. No issues with it.

I don't think it affects battery too much though.

01-22-16 07:58 AM
    I've had people swear by this app for years now. They claim it's worlds better for auto brightness compared to Android's stock version. For the free version, add "Lite" at the end. I have some free dough thanks to answering Google's surveys, (Rewards app), so I'll be experimenting with it for awhile to see if I like it as much as everyone else seems to.
    01-22-16 08:34 AM
    Thanks man. I have been wiping the screen, but not as often, will give a try and keep updated throughout today.
    Also, since BlackBerry has released Virtual Expert for the Priv, you can download it too in order to test if your phone's sensor is working correctly or not.
    gqmovement likes this.
    01-22-16 12:45 PM
    Haha, it's hilarious, because it was working like a charm even in BB Pearl 8100
    01-22-16 05:03 PM
    Haha, it's hilarious, because it was working like a charm even in BB Pearl 8100
    I agree 10000%. I never had to adjust on the past berries. Maybe the ODD time, but this is on a usual day to day
    02-05-16 07:42 PM
    I wouldn't say my screen doesn't adapt to light and dark surroundings but sometimes it takes longer than usual. Maybe it's a sign of faulty sensor??

*sigh* I could be
    02-05-16 07:43 PM
    I'm quite puzzled why adaptive brightness - a setting that 'should' help conserve battery by dimming the lcd in different situations (or the opposite in bright situations) should be turned OFF to help conserve battery - is the sensor eating up too much energy?

02-09-16 04:11 AM
    Lollipop bug. Been around since nexus 6.

02-09-16 05:00 AM
    I'm quite puzzled why adaptive brightness - a setting that 'should' help conserve battery by dimming the lcd in different situations (or the opposite in bright situations) should be turned OFF to help conserve battery - is the sensor eating up too much energy?

Because it errs on the bright side.

02-09-16 05:00 AM
    Lollipop bug. Been around since nexus 6.

NOOOOOOOO.this is just a load of bs.
    There was an update made available yesterday, hopefully it got caught and corrected
    02-09-16 06:53 AM