Forgive the clickbait title (lol) but I was thinking "updates" would've been even more misleading. Priv has again kind of turned into my daily so, latest issues:

- Bluetooth becomes instantly garbled and intermittent the moment I turn the screen on (this only happens in our new 2021 dodge challenger we just got, so might be a software issue on their end, we'll see)
    - battery drain issues persist mainly around the 100-80% range, w/ fairly quick drop but then leveling out for a bit (today I had 1hr 20min screen time at 60% left - for reference that's more screen time than I've gotten on some days *total*)
    - long press of pkb keys no longer triggers vibration, which is odd because a few days ago it did it some times but not at all anymore (odd because vibration motor still works, also still works on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ)
    - Google play store updates usually display as having no new updates, but when you manually check "recent" ones it'll show you the 2-3 pending
    - often, tho not every time, during a full charge during the night (from like 4-100%) the phone will reboot on its own
    - occasionally, a full charge will stop at 99%
    - on the fly charging in general gives me kind of "false" stats, like a good 20 min will boost it from 15% to 73% but when I unplug it it'll drop down to 50% w/ in 10min

I'll keep em coming as new problems develop 😉. Mind you these are relatively minor issues when compared to previous struggles: like native Sms app crashing non-stop, Netflix draining 60% or more of my battery even if I never opened it a single time, or being dropped by ATnT earlier this year in the middle of the day lol 😋
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-05-21 12:57 PM
    Forgive the clickbait title (lol) but I was thinking "updates" would've been even more misleading. Priv has again kind of turned into my daily so, latest issues:

- Bluetooth becomes instantly garbled and intermittent the moment I turn the screen on (this only happens in our new 2021 dodge challenger we just got, so might be a software issue on their end, we'll see)
    - battery drain issues persist mainly around the 100-80% range, w/ fairly quick drop but then leveling out for a bit (today I had 1hr 20min screen time at 60% left - for reference that's more screen time than I've gotten on some days *total*)
    - long press of pkb keys no longer triggers vibration, which is odd because a few days ago it did it some times but not at all anymore (odd because vibration motor still works, also still works on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ)
    - Google play store updates usually display as having no new updates, but when you manually check "recent" ones it'll show you the 2-3 pending
    - often, tho not every time, during a full charge during the night (from like 4-100%) the phone will reboot on its own
    - on the fly charging in general gives me kind of "false" stats, like a good 20 min will boost it from 15% to 73% but when I unplug it it'll drop down to 50% w/ in 10min

I'll keep em coming as new problems develop . Mind you these are relatively minor issues when compared to previous struggles: like native Sms app crashing non-stop, Netflix draining 60% or more of my battery even if I never opened it a single time, or being dropped by ATnT earlier this year in the middle of the day lol
    I also roll a PRIV daily alongside my KEY2 Red.

On PRIV clear cache regularly, installed Google GO which uses way less resources , and install Task Manager app to clear background process and frees up memory.
    the_boon and Paulelmar18 like this.
    08-05-21 06:21 PM

I'll keep em coming as new problems develop . Mind you these are relatively minor issues when compared to previous struggles: like native Sms app crashing non-stop, Netflix draining 60% or more of my battery even if I never opened it a single time, or being dropped by ATnT earlier this year in the middle of the day lol
    To use a Priv in 2021 is dedication!
    Exedorable and Bob80220 like this.
    08-05-21 10:19 PM
    After some controlled tests, my vibration motor HAS failed so, for what's it's worth that is NOT a new "bug"
    08-06-21 01:12 PM
    To use a Priv in 2021 is dedication!
    im there too... desperately awaiting a new PKB device !
    08-19-21 12:49 AM
    To confirm what I'm sure many, if not most, of you know: availability of signal can have a dramatic impact on battery drain. I've recently started working at a new building, and haven't noticed a place w/ in that building where I lose signal.

Latest bug: my battery remained at 25% for no joke, about 5.5 hours and as I kept waiting for it to suddenly die (surely, I expected to burn through that w/ regular use between sms, email, calls, etc) it was fine and even started going down at a regular pace after that.

I do not use battery saver until the last 15% and honestly upping that up from 5 has been a huge help (no more panic to find a charger) but even w/ that setting on 5+ hrs of normal use would be pushing it. I've tried battery saver on for an entire day a few times, but then notifications do not stream in regularly, and the feeling of delays/interruptions to general data flow wasn't somn I was happy w/
    08-27-21 11:29 AM
    To confirm what I'm sure many, if not most, of you know: availability of signal can have a dramatic impact on battery drain. I've recently started working at a new building, and haven't noticed a place w/ in that building where I lose signal.

Latest bug: my battery remained at 25% for no joke, about 5.5 hours and as I kept waiting for it to suddenly die (surely, I expected to burn through that w/ regular use between sms, email, calls, etc) it was fine and even started going down at a regular pace after that.

I do not use battery saver until the last 15% and honestly upping that up from 5 has been a huge help (no more panic to find a charger) but even w/ that setting on 5+ hrs of normal use would be pushing it. I've tried battery saver on for an entire day a few times, but then notifications do not stream in regularly, and the feeling of delays/interruptions to general data flow wasn't somn I was happy w/
    Yes, one reason the Z10 had such a hard time... was LTE was still new and not nearly as widespread as it is today. That and Verizon locked out the ability to turn off LTE, so you were always looking for LTE connection first, and then 3G.

But yes building block signals, and if you carrier is mostly using higher bands... that makes it worse. Why WiFi Calling has been important to many.
    08-27-21 12:07 PM
    Google play store - my apps - updates
    *nothing*
    hit update button
    *multiple updates... eventually appear*

"Ahh yes, the fun quirks of a Priv in 2021"
    10-12-21 02:53 AM
    Battery was around 42% but the Priv shut down on me at some point (this is the 2nd time in the past week, tho the 1st time I wasn't really paying attention). When I turned it back on it had 2%; this was during a day of multiple partial charges. Hoping that it's just not showing the correct % and not the early signs of complete battery deterioration. But now, w/ no real expectations about OM, I've been enjoying using it more often (even on some of my off days) and I even set some settings back to normal such as putting the .5x animations trick back to 1x in Developer Options submenu.
    10-28-21 10:11 AM
    Battery was around 42% but the Priv shut down on me at some point (this is the 2nd time in the past week, tho the 1st time I wasn't really paying attention). When I turned it back on it had 2%; this was during a day of multiple partial charges. Hoping that it's just not showing the correct % and not the early signs of complete battery deterioration. But now, w/ no real expectations about OM, I've been enjoying using it more often (even on some of my off days) and I even set some settings back to normal such as putting the .5x animations trick back to 1x in Developer Options submenu.
    Batteries usually have to be changed every 2 or 3 years you should be on your third or fourth battery now
    10-28-21 10:13 AM
    Priv is rebooting almost daily now, just once a day, but on its own. At times this occurs w/ bad timing, such as during my morning alarm (lol)
    11-13-21 11:34 AM
    Priv is rebooting almost daily now, just once a day, but on its own. At times this occurs w/ bad timing, such as during my morning alarm (lol)
    I wouldn’t spend the money, but I’m pretty sure this would be fixed with a new battery.
    11-14-21 08:30 AM
    I’m pretty sure this would be fixed with a new battery.
    May actually try this, as a last resort. Right now I'm kinda waiting to see what happens first: does T-Mobile drop support like ATnT did or does my Priv become simply unusable.

Since I feel like the end, one way or the other, is fast approaching it's given me peace of mind surprisingly. And I'm not even bothered on the days I've gotta charge this thing 3-4 times (plus there are still plenty of days where I can get by on a single charge).

I've never seriously considered a battery swap for the simple reason that I'd hate to mess somn up way worse, while doing it, like say I accidentally damage screen/speaker connection and now instead of battery annoyances - I can't use the phone for basic functions like making a call.
    hcaliste likes this.
    11-14-21 11:17 AM
    Update: the near-daily random reboots prompted me to try and uninstall some apps I don't use, but more crucially I've tried somn that I've never really done before - partial charges.

Several surprising results to come out of this:
    - no more reboots on its own
    - no more massive battery drain, initially
    - I'm clocking 300+ hrs right now (that's approx 12.5 days) since last reboot and my previous problems show no signs of returning. In fact, this long w/ out a restart is usually when I start developing glitches like Bluetooth skips or lag spikes. So far so good.

For reference, what I'm describing by "initial battery drain" is this - after charging to 100% the Priv seems to either show that as a false stat or it kind of doesn't "bake in" the full charge. So when I take it off the charger at 100% it often very quickly drops to 80% or at times even 72% or somn between there. I can avoid this by letting it sit on the charger at 100% for a good hour or 2+. Partial charges would usually have the same effect, if I plug it in the car and get up to 75% persay, w/ in a few min of disconnecting it'd drop to around 50%.

Somehow, partial charges (I try to never get it to 90% or above) has solved this pretty significant issue.
    Rico4you and the_boon like this.
    11-24-21 09:15 PM
    Fired up my BE PRIV and still breathing, faintly…..
    11-25-21 11:29 AM
    Fired up my BE PRIV and still breathing, faintly…..
    I've never seen a Priv that wasn't a BE.

Oh wait...
    11-26-21 12:39 PM
    I've never seen a Priv that wasn't a BE.

Oh wait...[IMG=960x540]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211126/96cd7087bedb8fe0e80d696b352e8f88.jpg[/url]
    Nice boon... I have AT&T PRIV and BE PRIV to be specific.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-21 02:21 PM
    I have AT&T PRIV and BE PRIV
    Not to be a complete noob, but what's a BE priv?

Also since my keyone is now behaving worse than even my priv, and because black friday deals were almost 50% off, my latest attempt at a modern phone is currently the moto Razr 5g.

But no joke, priv has been my main phone all day every day for a good 5 months now.
    the_boon and Rico4you like this.
    11-28-21 09:51 PM
    Not to be a complete noob, but what's a BE priv?

Also since my keyone is now behaving worse than even my priv, and because black friday deals were almost 50% off, my latest attempt at a modern phone is currently the moto Razr 5g.

But no joke, priv has been my main phone all day every day for a good 5 months now.
    Sorry, everyone, I meant Factory Unlocked PRIV as I was typing on my Black Edition KEYone at time.
    11-29-21 07:33 AM
    My Priv has been my only phone in constant use since 2016.
    Vibration no longer works since this year.
    I'm still on my original battery, though it is now showing signs of not being as strong.
    Can no longer update the google app, which is a bummer, since I use the assistant a lot. The reninder notifications pops up, but with no writing, so I have to open the google app to see what it is if I don't remember which reminder it is or to mark as done.
    The power button seems to be going as it's getting harder to have it react to being pressed, so I avoid using it. It likes an occasional restart maybe once per week, so it's hard to avoid.
    Lets see, what else....
    That's about it. Still like this phone and people eyes still light up when the keyboard comes out as they've never seen or heard of it. I just say 'old phone'.
    Just bought a Pixel 6, so enjoying my last few days with it.
    Exedorable likes this.
    12-01-21 04:57 PM
    My Priv has been my only phone in constant use since 2016.
    Vibration no longer works since this year.
    I'm still on my original battery, though it is now showing signs of not being as strong.
    Can no longer update the google app, which is a bummer, since I use the assistant a lot. The reninder notifications pops up, but with no writing, so I have to open the google app to see what it is if I don't remember which reminder it is or to mark as done.
    The power button seems to be going as it's getting harder to have it react to being pressed, so I avoid using it. It likes an occasional restart maybe once per week, so it's hard to avoid.
    Lets see, what else....
    That's about it. Still like this phone and people eyes still light up when the keyboard comes out as they've never seen or heard of it. I just say 'old phone'.
    Just bought a Pixel 6, so enjoying my last few days with it.
    Man that's gonna be a massive jump in performance from the Priv on Android 6 with the SD 808 to the Pixel 6 on 12 with the Tensor chip.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    12-01-21 05:58 PM
    Still like this phone and people eyes still light up when the keyboard comes out as they've never seen or heard of it
    I'm almost in the same exact boat, only I couldn't live w/ out a KEYᵒⁿᵉ + I've tried 16 phones over the past 4 years to see if they could replace my Priv and 😐 spoiler alert 😑 they couldn't, lol.
    the_boon likes this.
    Today 08:31 AM
    I just say 'old phone'.
    Y'know what's interesting, I'm surprised by how many people ask "whoa is that a new BlackBerry??" - this thing still looks sleek enough all these years later. #amaze
    Today 08:35 AM
    Y'know what's interesting, I'm surprised by how many people ask "whoa is that a new BlackBerry??" - this thing still looks sleek enough all these years later. #amaze
    It's really a shame TCL didn't pursue that form factor instead
    Today 09:16 AM
    It's really a shame TCL didn't pursue that form factor instead
    It's a real mystery. The mechanism of the keyboard clearly holds up. It's form factor is comparable to current phones, maybe just match the sizes, camera, etc. Obviously match specs. It should sell no worse than their other tries, if not better.
    Today 09:28 AM