Yes. Priv is expensive.

But what no one is really focusing on is that while this may be an Android phone, it is not just a vanilla Android Phone. What things like the Device Simulator make clear is that Priv is providing a unique experience. It's not just an android phone with a keyboard. BlackBerry has integrated it's own view of mobile communications into Android. It's not just Touchwiz or something like it that adds no value. BlackBerry is adding real value to the vanilla Android experience. It's something you can't get anywhere else. So, if you want the power that Hub gives you, you're going to have to pay for it. Sorry. Save up. Like all phones, the price will come down over time. But, stop saying this phone is DOA because of the price. You're comparing it to phones that don't offer what Priv does.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:07 AM
    Yes. Priv is expensive.

But what no one is really focusing on is that while this may be an Android phone, it is not just a vanilla Android Phone. What things like the Device Simulator make clear is that Priv is providing a unique experience. It's not just an android phone with a keyboard. BlackBerry has integrated it's own view of mobile communications into Android. It's not just Touchwiz or something like it that adds no value. BlackBerry is adding real value to the vanilla Android experience. It's something you can't get anywhere else. So, if you want the power that Hub gives you, you're going to have to pay for it. Sorry. Save up. Like all phones, the price will come down over time. But, stop saying this phone is DOA because of the price. You're comparing it to phones that don't offer what Priv does.

Posted via CB10
    I don't hate the price, I just hate the Canadian dollar right now.
    10-25-15 07:10 AM
    It all remains to be seen. The price alone could make this DOA. And the pkb has turned off a lot of BB fans from buying it. Let's hope it sells better than we think.
    10-25-15 07:11 AM
    blackberry intends to sell the blackberry experience suite on all platforms...
    jaydee5799 and amjass12 like this.
    10-25-15 07:14 AM
    blackberry intends to sell the blackberry experience suite on all platforms...
    Exactly. BlackBerry is going to sell it because it has value.

That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    TERDIE likes this.
    10-25-15 07:16 AM
    Jaydee why has a Pkb put off BlackBerry fans? It looks good and it is used as a trackpad as on Passport. I hope it sells, when My contract ends I may get one.

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    wincyUt and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-25-15 07:17 AM
    It all remains to be seen. The price alone could make this DOA. And the pkb has turned off a lot of BB fans from buying it. Let's hope it sells better than we think.
    I think you need to think this PKB comment through.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Mr4aces like this.
    10-25-15 07:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    See her past history about the Z30.
    kbz1960 and jaydee5799 like this.
    10-25-15 07:21 AM
    Exactly. BlackBerry is going to sell it because it has value.

That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    my point is, you dont need to pay 800 eur for the priv. get a 400 dollar oneplus two and get the experience suite for another few dollars from gplay
    10-25-15 07:22 AM
    my point is, you dont need to pay 800 eur for the priv. get a 400 dollar oneplus two and get the experience suite for another few dollars from gplay
    By all means go ahead if that's what you want. I want the PKB and for the device to actually work instead of having screen problems all day and waiting for RMA.
    MO3iusONE and bakron1 like this.
    10-25-15 07:24 AM
    I don't think that is how BlackBerry will be pricing this. It will most likely be a subscription that is offered in connection with BES. It's not going to be a Google Play App.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:25 AM
    By all means go ahead if that's what you want. I want the PKB and for the device to actually work instead of having screen problems all day and waiting for RMA.
    so you want a pkb device from another manufacturer? lol
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-25-15 07:26 AM
    so you want a pkb device from another manufacturer? lol
    If there is one that isn't a POS with specs two generations behind, sure. And no that snap on crap from Samsung doesn't count.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-25-15 07:27 AM
    Good points. Totally agree. The sad part is that if Apple launches an inferior phone tomorrow at the same price with some stupid useless gimmick like, I don't know, star mapper or something, with no added value, people will just buy it like crazy. And before anyone says, we'll it's Apple, they can do this, what is the real difference? The quality is the same and what the user receives is less restrictive and more secure than iOS.

I was an Apple user until they stopped innovating and started to sell the same phone year after year with a bigger screen and camera. I found Blackberry relatively late but I'm never looking back. My wife just got an iPhone 6s and after setting it I found it to be the mirror of my old iPhone 4 with a bigger screen and faster loading times. Paid 500 euros for this "privilege".

Stop moaning about the Priv price. It's a premium device with premium specs that brings the best of Blackberry with a healthy app ecosystem. That's what we've been all looking and asking for.

And to the people saying "Well the specs are not the top of the line". Are you doing video editing on your phone? Are you Photoshoping? Let's face it most mobile phone users use it to play Candy Crush of Facebook. Why do you need a Snapdragon 810 with 4GB of RAM for that?

It's worth the money just as much as the iPhone 6s or Samsung S6 edge or any other premium phone does.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:33 AM
    Yes. Priv is expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Well it is not necessarily people trolling or saying that the price is too steep just for the hell of it. There is something to consider behind some of those statements.

If the DingleBerry Perv ends up not selling because it is too expensive, then pricing is an issue and it will render it DOA...

I hope for BlackBerry's sake and that of its customers, that such a thing doesn't come to pass...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    10-25-15 07:48 AM
    I'm just curious.

If I wanted to buy in iPhone 6S what with 32GB of storage factory unlocked. How much would it cost.
    Same for a factory unlocked Galaxy S6 Edge and GS6 Edge +?

Yeah the PRIV might be a little weak when compared to a GS6 because that device is a beast with the Exynos processor, but I think the PRIV is on the same level of luxury. I don't think it is really overpriced at $700 USD compared to its competitors.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    wincyUt, MO3iusONE and Mr4aces like this.
    10-25-15 07:53 AM
    The problem is that this phone has a certain level of risk inherently attached to it.

Will BlackBerry be around making hardware? Do they really know how to handle Android? How is there customer service?

All these things are widely known for most other manufacturers.

So, honestly, BlackBerry is taking a risk, the buyer is taking a risk,.. the price should reflect a mutual appreciation of this.

As it, stands, the price makes it clear BlackBerry thinks they are the hottest thing in town and their sh*t has never stunk.

Detached from reality as usual.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:55 AM
    I truly wonder how much longer the Hub is going to be meaningful differentiator for BlackBerry, either on PRIV or the BlackBerry Experience Suite. How committed is BlackBerry to developing its software productivity solutions over the long haul, and at what pace will they do so? We've already seen Docs to Go, once something of an industry leader, all but wither and die. (I'm not sure why it's even part of the proposed BB Suite.)
    FF22 likes this.
    10-25-15 08:00 AM
    I truly wonder how much longer the Hub is going to be meaningful differentiator for BlackBerry, either on PRIV or the BlackBerry Experience Suite. How committed is BlackBerry to developing its software productivity solutions over the long haul, and at what pace will they do so?
    During the last earnings call Chen was taking about the device management business. He said that the way things were going, BES itself was probably going to be free. This is because he thought competitors were going to offer their MDM solutions for free.

The thing that will set BlackBerry apart is its other software. If a company subscribes to BES, the draw will be the Apps (like Hub) that BlackBerry offers to businesses.

So, I think BlackBerry is very committed to this. With BlackBerry's own devices, you get BlackBerry's software included. With other devices, you must subscribe.

BlackBerry is doing this because it's business model depends on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:09 AM
    Totally agree with you OP.

Price sensitive is relative to how deep a person's pocket is and how much one wants/needs something. IMHO I think there are over 5 million customers world wide that have the disposable income that will want Priv. US$699 or CDN$899 is fair price and I was thrilled to be able to finally order it. It's a matter of priority.
    10-25-15 08:23 AM
    I keep saying in this forum: if you want a lower price, you will have to buy a Chinese made phone. Not a Foxconn sourced device that made the Slider & also makes the IPhones.

Go ahead & do so. But don't complain bout reliability or Quality of that 1+ 2, or Moto X months from now cause those Chinese made phones have not established a quality track record yet. And anyone who reads the news in the last few years know the track record of cheap chinese made stuff including medicines.
    drionescu and DJBS4LIFE like this.
    10-25-15 08:28 AM
    I keep saying in this forum: if you want a lower price, you will have to buy a Chinese made phone. Not a Foxconn sourced device that made the Slider & also makes the IPhones.

Go ahead & do so. But don't complain bout reliability or Quality of that 1+ 2, or Moto X months from now cause those Chinese made phones have not established a quality track record yet. And anyone who reads the news in the last few years know the track record of cheap chinese made stuff including medicines.
    Another point people keep making about the Moto X Pure is that you get updates. I wonder what they will say after reading this:
    [WTF] Motorola Marketed The Moto E 2015 On Promise Of Updates, Is Now Apparently Ending Them After 219 Days
    10-25-15 08:36 AM
    The amount of priv/android bashing on here is crazy. I'm starting to just bite my tongue and not say anything since it seems to be the norm here to bash anything that isn't blackberry or bb10 while rubbing each other's nipples praising the greatness that is bb10 or whatever.

With all that being said, I'm glad someone posted that priv simulator. It goes pretty in depth which makes me even more confident about the marketing and advertising about this phone once November 6 hits.
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-25-15 08:41 AM
    Another point people keep making about the Moto X Pure is that you get updates. I wonder what they will say after reading this:
    [WTF] Motorola Marketed The Moto E 2015 On Promise Of Updates, Is Now Apparently Ending Them After 219 Days
    Wow... pretty much like buying a toaster oven.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's just her way of saying she doesn't want it. Power in numbers I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:34 AM
145 123 ...