Okay, so purely speculation, (and a lot of hopes and wishes), but does anyone think that we will see a price drop in the PRIV from the carriers for the upcoming annual Black Friday extravaganza sales up here in Canada?
    11-13-15 09:07 AM
    This is what I'm hoping for... but considering that pre-order devices aren't shipped until the 24th... I'm not too confident.
    sirk25 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:15 AM
    I somewhat posted the same question over at Reddit, at first I was under the impression it would, but then the conclusion was not likely.

While BlackBerry did do a special for the Passport when it was launched, it's unlikely for the Priv, simply for the the fact that the launch of the Priv is much closer, like 2 months closer to Black Friday. If they decide to drop the price, they would expect a lot of angry customers who pre-ordered, especially a lot of them are still not delivered.

Earliest price drop would be nearer to Spring. Hence I have delayed my purchase to February, to wait for the said potential price drop, time to fix initial hardware bugs and possibly Marshmallow.
    sirk25 likes this.
    11-13-15 09:58 AM
    It's really interesting seeing as some may not even receive their devices until the 23rd, and if you order now you can expect it by the 30th or whatever
    Hmm

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 01:19 PM
    Okay, so purely speculation, (and a lot of hopes and wishes), but does anyone think that we will see a price drop in the PRIV from the carriers for the upcoming annual Black Friday extravaganza sales up here in Canada?
    As an aside I believed Black Friday was a U.S. thing. Good to know we are not the only ones to partake in this silly consumer tragedy. Does it get out of hand up there, too?

If AT&T has a sale, I might to jump ship from Verizon.
    11-13-15 01:24 PM
    As an aside I believed Black Friday was a U.S. thing. Good to know we are not the only ones to partake in this silly consumer tragedy. Does it get out of hand up there, too?

I don't think anyone has died here.

Posted via CB10
    sirk25 likes this.
    11-13-15 01:25 PM
    Very doubtful if demand is high. In Canada so called BlackFriday was just to combat Canadians going to the States and spending money down there. No other reason.

Posted from my Priv!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-13-15 at 01:43 PM.
    A_Aviator_A and aspurrell like this.
    11-13-15 01:25 PM
    If they drop the Passport by $100 I may pick one up, mind you its not about the money, just the euphoric feeling on grabbing a deal on BlackFriday!

With the PRIV I doubt they'd drop the price more than $50, they'll probably do a free accessory package instead . The CAD dollar is at 1.35...I doubt Canadian retailers are worried about cross-border shopping these days, so I don't foresee drastic drops in pricing.
    11-13-15 01:41 PM
    Hard to see them having a big sale on the Prev when they are backed up with their orders now .
    aspurrell likes this.
    11-13-15 01:48 PM

I know both places, and i can tell you it doesn't get as crazy as down there...i always like the ladies fighting over wedding dresses and getting into brawls
    11-13-15 01:53 PM
    Seeing as how everyone goes to work on the Thursday and Friday here, it's not nearly as big. Cyber Monday is a bit bigger, in my estimation.
    11-13-15 02:03 PM