Factory Unlocked Priv being offered by Amazon for $605. On Prime too.
    04-22-16 10:28 AM
    USA or Canada?

Z10
    04-22-16 10:31 AM
    USA or Canada?

Z10
    USA
    04-22-16 10:36 AM
    Factory Unlocked Priv being offered by Amazon for $605. On Prime too.
    Fortunately, I still paid less than that with the $200 discount I got from Verizon.
    04-22-16 11:27 AM
    Pretty sweet price.

Should have gone $599 for optics.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-22-16 11:40 AM
    Fortunately, I still paid less than that with the $200 discount I got from Verizon.
    The only issue when getting a phone from a carrier is waiting for that carrier to push out the updates in a timely manner.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-16 12:28 PM
    The only issue when getting a phone from a carrier is waiting for that carrier to push out the updates in a timely manner.

He can't buy from shopbb either... lol Verizon�
    04-22-16 12:49 PM
    He can't buy from shopbb either... lol Verizon™
    I was just going to reply to them - no choice as a Verizon customer. I do have to wonder why, since Verizon is no longer an important BB carrier. Maybe BB only made 100 Verizon models and don't have any to spare!!!

But, also, can't really complain since Verizon did get us Qi charging on the Z30.
    04-22-16 01:13 PM
    And here in Germany it still costs 690� cheapest. And we don't even have the wireless charging thing inside what means, that the rearside is very squishy.

Waiting for a Warehouse Deal at least for 530~ � or something :/
    04-22-16 04:00 PM
    There is someone selling it for 545 plus 4.94 shipping as well.
    04-22-16 04:45 PM
    It's now $594. I ordered mine for $639 a few weeks ago. A quick online chat and they sent me a refund for the difference. This is why I love amazon!

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    04-22-16 06:56 PM
    Now $588 with one day free shipping as of Friday night. Hopefully be $500 soon!

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    04-22-16 11:49 PM
    Fire sales usually means announcement for new devices is coming soon.

04-23-16 12:16 AM
    USA or Canada?

Z10
    You had to ask? lol
    04-23-16 08:21 PM
    That's true. And if we were talking about Samsung, I'd concede that possibility.

In the case of the Priv though, It's more likely to be an inventory clearance so that minimal numbers of Privs are in the supplier network when they pull the plug on Hardware later this year.

A closer parallel is how the Amazon Fire Phone was heavily discounted after poor sales. Anyone expecting to see a Fire Phone 2 anytime soon?
    04-24-16 04:02 AM

I won't call for fire sales..It's just a 100$ less than when it launched: that's normal for a 6-months old device.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 05:50 AM
    I won't call for fire sales..It's just a 100$ less than when it launched: that's normal for a 6-months old device.

Posted via CB10
    This. Thank you. The Galaxy S7 dropped 50usd on BH already.
    04-24-16 07:23 AM
    Still overpriced. Should be sub 500 to at least entice the average consumer...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    04-24-16 01:46 PM
    Still overpriced. Should be sub 500 to at least entice the average consumer...
    $605 isn't bad, but there is that $450 unlocked ATT Priv if one is bargain shopping... Not sure if it's still available, but if you want a Priv at $500 or below this may the option for you...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 01:51 PM
    $605 isn't bad, but there is that $450 unlocked ATT Priv if one is bargain shopping... Not sure if it's still available, but if you want a Priv at $500 or below this may the option for you...

Posted via CB10
    Just that a nexus 6p with better specs is priced really competitively and has current OS and security updates. My Nexus 5x is a great phone for half the price and the camera is excellent. But you know being a long time blackberry user I have that curiosity...
    What's the main difference between the Att vs shop blackberry version?
    04-24-16 01:55 PM
    Actually.... the Priv has been beating the Nexus of late on security updates (!)

Factory unlocked gets all the updates first. AT&Ts version will ONLY get them when AT&T approves, and ONLY if there's an AT&T SIM in the phone. So yeah, that could be a problem if you want to use it on another carrier.

Such is the reality of buying a carrier-branded device; it's one of the many anti-competitive things the cell companies do in this country.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-24-16 02:03 PM
    Actually.... the Priv has been beating the Nexus of late on security updates (!)

Factory unlocked gets all the updates first. AT&Ts version will ONLY get them when AT&T approves, and ONLY if there's an AT&T SIM in the phone. So yeah, that could be a problem if you want to use it on another carrier.

Such is the reality of buying a carrier-branded device; it's one of the many anti-competitive things the cell companies do in this country.
    Haha you are right on the updates... However I think Marshmallow is innately more secure to begin with than Lollipop.

I was thinking maybe the Att version had different charging options etc but I think it is the same with stock. Also USB C charging on the 5x is crazy fast.
    04-24-16 02:07 PM
    Just that a nexus 6p with better specs is priced really competitively and has current OS and security updates. My Nexus 5x is a great phone for half the price and the camera is excellent. But you know being a long time blackberry user I have that curiosity...
    What's the main difference between the Att vs shop blackberry version?
    The ATT variant is STV100-1, the same variant as the shopBB version. The only differences being the ATT logo trampstamped on the device, the ATT boot sequence and the fact that the ATT variant is left at the mercy of ATT vs BlackBerry. The latter is the biggest difference or at least the difference that would have the greatest adverse effect in one's choice in choosing a variant. If you purchase a shopBlackBerry model you are assured push of the latest OS as it is released whereas with the unlocked ATT Priv you will only receive pushed upgrades when ATT pushes them...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 02:09 PM
    Haha you are right on the updates... However I think Marshmallow is innately more secure to begin with than Lollipop.

I was thinking maybe the Att version had different charging options etc but I think it is the same with stock. Also USB C charging on the 5x is crazy fast.
    The Priv on a QC2.0 charger is extremely fast too provided it doesn't get too hot. In a car-holder in front of your AC vent (because it's on a clip into the vent) the charge rate on a QC charger blazes, oh, and by the way, it will charge off both QC and wireless at the same time for an even higher rate of charge acceptance provided you can keep it cool. I have a "modified" clip in my AC vent in the car that has a wireless pad mounted to it, and when I really need to top it off FAST during a drive I'll plug it in at the same time.
    04-24-16 07:35 PM
    The ATT variant is STV100-1, the same variant as the shopBB version. The only differences being the ATT logo trampstamped on the device, the ATT boot sequence and the fact that the ATT variant is left at the mercy of ATT vs BlackBerry. The latter is the biggest difference or at least the difference that would have the greatest adverse effect in one's choice in choosing a variant. If you purchase a shopBlackBerry model you are assured push of the latest OS as it is released whereas with the unlocked ATT Priv you will only receive pushed upgrades when ATT pushes them...

Posted via CB10
    I ordered the AT&T unlocked model Pocket Now noted about through Daily Steals ($450). Has AT&T been not so good with updates? I know a shop BlackBerry device would be the best but it seemed like a good deal.
    04-24-16 08:30 PM
162 123 ...