Wow, you're ready to completely dismiss the BlackBerry Experience Suite before we even see it, look at it, or use it? Based on what, some early renders or photos?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Any info on the BlackBerry Experience Suite? I've tried searching for more info on how this will work but no luck. Monthly subscription perhaps?

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-27-15 07:39 PM
    Interesting choice of words in the article : "anemic" hardware. I do agree that BB10 devices are a way off the forefront when it comes to hardware specs, but I don't see that as a negative - on the contrary, it is testimony to a well-designed and efficient operating system. BB10 devices don't NEED to be high-spec. With their modest and dated hardware, they are every bit as quick and productive as (if not faster and better than) many current top-of-the-line devices running other systems.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
    It is anemic. And while it may not need that hardware to function, it needs that hardware to sell. The article on spot on.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:05 PM
    Just do not get this... what is all the hate about Android about??? If BB cannot makes hardware division work... then from what I am ready... may anti-Android types would rather see BB drop the the hardware line all together... makes no sense... no one has said there will be no BB10... unless I missed something... heck.. no one said there will be actually be a BB Android... so I simply do not get all the commotion... as for those who keep railing about Android being so bad... funny how a "bad product" can sell hundreds of millions of units... seems another case of because I do not like it... then it is bad.. and no one else should... the ultimate definition of bias....
    people rant. people exaggerate and have strong preferences. this entire earth is biased. where have you been?

i don't find it so hard to believe that android is not for everyone. just like iphone is not for everyone. just like anything that sells hundreds of millions is not for everyone. moreover, i find it refreshing that some people are willing to defend (albeit electronically) an OS that i hold in such high regard.
    08-28-15 12:32 AM
    Any info on the BlackBerry Experience Suite? I've tried searching for more info on how this will work but no luck. Monthly subscription perhaps?

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    from Introducing the BlackBerry Experience Suite:

"The BlackBerry Experience Suite will be comprised of three suites of services that will bundle different BlackBerry solutions together."

they're going to charge for services but how? who other than a hybrid fan will really invest in it? try then buy option? or monthly sub like you said. who knows. might come free with the slider or something.
    nuff_said likes this.
    08-28-15 12:39 AM
    It's not that simple though, BlackBerry 10 is the only mobile platform to gain any sort of credibility in the government sector. The DoD certification speaks for itself. What you say is true only if BlackBerry can make Android as secure as BlackBerry 10 and I don't know if that's possible without the QNX hypervisor. I think that if bb10 is only going to be for high level enterprise and government then industry specific apps will emerge rather than the consumer ones that are always referred to. Since nobody is saying anything, it is just a wait and see situation.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK

But would a DoD or Enterprise only BB10 require the Android runtime? What I am trying to say is they could make BB10 for enterprise uses only by removing the Android runtime and make BB10 fully OHA compliant and also build an Android phone.
    08-28-15 03:00 AM
    Wow, you're ready to completely dismiss the BlackBerry Experience Suite before we even see it, look at it, or use it? Based on what, some early renders or photos?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    I don't blame him. History is a good indication of the future. That's been proven for this sack of failure company.

Chances are the suite will be EOL about a year or two after its launch, just like BlackBerry 10.

--STV posting from his now-legacy, relic Z30, while simultaneously cutting his losses and accepting that BlackBerry hardware deserves no further chances from consumers.
    08-28-15 03:24 AM
    BlackBerry will survive, as a software company.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    08-28-15 06:13 AM
    But would a DoD or Enterprise only BB10 require the Android runtime? What I am trying to say is they could make BB10 for enterprise uses only by removing the Android runtime and make BB10 fully OHA compliant and also build an Android phone.
    Depends on if they need Apps...

I guess the real question would be... why buy a BB10 device without the runtime, when they haven't bought it with the runtime?

Do you know of any Enterprise or US DoD customers that have made large investments into the BB10 platform? Apple devices are already being used a lot at the DoD on unclassified networks, and the DISA is testing a number of products for use on secured networks. BlackBerry has received a number of "approvals" and "certifications"...

But other than the State Department and the White House... I haven't heard of any wide scaled BB10 deployments. Haven't heard of any major Enterprise deployments where BB10 was the only device available.

And if BB10 is going to still be a player, and will only have Native Apps.... shouldn't BlackBerry be updating their Native Developer tools? Shouldn't BlackBerry be courting Native Developer and encouraging them to continue to improve and expand their apps? Go spend some time in the Developer section of CrackBerry......
    08-28-15 08:03 AM
    I read the article. BlackBerry is not trying to reinvent itself it is changing itself and in my opinion not for the better.
    If BlackBerry wanted reinvent themselves, they would bring back Mike L ASAP
    08-28-15 12:07 PM
    people rant. people exaggerate and have strong preferences. this entire earth is biased. where have you been?

i don't find it so hard to believe that android is not for everyone. just like iphone is not for everyone. just like anything that sells hundreds of millions is not for everyone. moreover, i find it refreshing that some people are willing to defend (albeit electronically) an OS that i hold in such high regard.
    You seem to have more of an unhealthy obsession with bb10 though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-28-15 11:56 PM
    If BlackBerry wanted reinvent themselves, they would bring back Mike L ASAP
    I am thinking Mike would not like this Android Bull**** .
    extisis likes this.
    08-29-15 07:24 AM
    You seem to have more of an unhealthy obsession with bb10 though.

I'm on the CB forum on CB10. Go figure? You on the other hand have something weird for android and I wonder why you are always here. The slider isn't out yet, android central is that way-----> cya.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-29-15 11:52 AM
    I'm on the CB forum on CB10. Go figure? You on the other hand have something weird for android and I wonder why you are always here. The slider isn't out yet, android central is that way-----> cya.

Posted via CB10
    Oh so you didn't block me after. I love you too man!!

I post on here because I still love physical keyboards. I loved using my Treo, Curve, Palm Pre, Dell Venue Pro, etc. So I was pretty excited when I heard about this slider and I hope it doesn't disappoint.

08-29-15 11:57 AM
    I am thinking Mike would not like this Android Bull**** .
    Unfortunately, Mike is part of the reason BlackBerry is where it's at right now and trying to keep the the lights on. Being relevant in '07 and making money is one thing....... to continue to be relevant in '15 and making money is another.

yeah.....still working on it. (*_~)
    08-29-15 12:02 PM
    Unfortunately, Mike is part of the reason BlackBerry is where it's at right now and trying to keep the the lights on. Being relevant in '07 and making money is one thing....... to continue to be relevant in '15 and making money is another.

yeah.....still working on it. (*_~)
    ^This!

Mike L and Jimmy B thought BlackBerry didn't need any major changes to be successful. We'd find BlackBerry in the same situation, to a vary degree of "success", of where it is today regardless of who's in charge.

08-29-15 12:19 PM
40 12