Yup, this. Works great. It makes moving files from Internal to mSD a snap.

I don't think anyone has mentioned being able to bookmark forlders within the app, or being able to place shortcuts on the homescreen. Both are big time-savers for me.

I went through about 5 file managers before settling on Solid Explorer. Being able to access my cloud services and my home network is really convenient.
    Have you tried FX? It has all of those functions and a far more compact view with the option of dual view without flipping your phone to landscape.
    Preferred File Manager for Priv-screenshot-28-aug-2016-16_42_34-.jpg
    08-28-16 09:45 AM
    Asus file manager for me. Pretty much have tried them all and it's been the best in my opinion. Solid explorer is a close second.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Waiting for my Priv to arrive. I have a ASUS Q551 360 Laptop. Will Asus file manager make files easier to move between devices?
    08-28-16 02:56 PM
    I use Solid Explorer, paid version. I used many others before settling on this one.
    08-28-16 03:36 PM
    If you need a simple file manager, marshmallow OS 'settings, storage & USB' has a built in one for system/sd card. I use nova and created a shortcut to one of my home screens, works just like an app. All of the above mentioned ones are good too.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-28-16 04:20 PM
    Asus File Manager first and foremost, followed by Solid Explorer. I like that I can use Asus to move files between shared folders on various devices via Wi Fi. It's free (and ad free) and has a simple, clean interface.
    ray689 likes this.
    08-28-16 08:07 PM
    If you need a simple file manager, marshmallow OS 'settings, storage & USB' has a built in one for system/sd card. I use nova and created a shortcut to one of my home screens, works just like an app. All of the above mentioned ones are good too.
    What is this marshmallow you speak of?
    pdstevens8 likes this.
    08-28-16 10:15 PM
    I'm going to try a couple more and compare.
    08-28-16 11:32 PM
    I would recommend FX file explorer or Total Commander. I used to be a fan of ES, and I would still probably use it if it wasn't for the ads that come with it.

ASUS file manager takes up 49 MB of storage, ES 45, FX 25 and Total Commander only 5 MB. I don't like apps which are bloated without a good reason and I am unable to see a good reason here.

Both FX and TC support "dual view" in both landscape and portrait. TC is a bit confusing at first, but it's very good once you get the hang of it. I've been using it on my PCs instead of Windows Explorer for 15 years whenever I had a task more serious than copying two or three files, but I do feel like FX has more features on Android. They'll probably both reside on my phone until further notice.

And they can both access USB OTG drives without any issue. I don't think I've seen a file explorer that can't do that.
    ES is 45mg as well, I have it, and ES Pro is larger.

Posted via CB10
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-28-16 11:47 PM
    ES is 45mg as well, I have it, and ES Pro is larger.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't I just said that ES was 45 MB? I didn't know that ES Pro was even larger.
    08-29-16 12:32 AM
    I use File Manager �. Works great

As do I. Simple. Intuitive. Does everything I need and then some.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    08-29-16 12:59 AM
    I use solid explorer. So far so good .
    08-29-16 03:08 AM
    Sometimes a link to an app can be helpful since the Playstore has "too" many apps with very similar names - or the developer's name can help narrow the focus.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-29-16 09:10 AM
    agreed. I did the same to.
    08-29-16 09:45 AM

I use to use ES File Explorer but I'm a bit uncomfortable after reading some critical reviews of data mining. Similarly, the one mentioned in the reply above mine is associated with an outfit that has some critical reviews. It is a pain sifting through all the options compared to having BB supply apps that I trusted.
    I used to use ES file explorer too but got annoyed with the bloatware and switched to this app called Amaze yesterday. Seems to be simple enough for me.

FF22 likes this.
    08-29-16 10:24 AM
    I've tried most of them. To me Solid Explorer wins by a long shot. Asus has very limited cloud support, eliminating Box and Mega (both of which I use). It also doesn't handle USB OTG well, if at all. I couldn't get it to work. Asus also has almost o configuration options.
    08-29-16 01:07 PM
    Tried several, finally settled on File Manager +. It's clean, simple, efficient.
    08-29-16 01:36 PM
    I've been messing with both ASUS FM and Solid. Each seems to have some advantages over the other. The duplicate files finder works well on FM, but I don't see how to easily move files around in this app. Where as it is very simple in Solid.

The other issue I found with FM is trying to connect to my PC using "Network Place". I select my PC from the list and when I drill down to a specific file, it asks for server login credentials. Not exactly sure what to enter here. I'm not at home right now to verify, but that's kind of what I recall. What I do remember for sure is it wasn't a simple connection. On the other hand, it could just be that I'm an *****.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my fancy new PRIV. All without the love and support of VZW.
    08-29-16 04:05 PM
    I've been messing with both ASUS FM and Solid. Each seems to have some advantages over the other. The duplicate files finder works well on FM, but I don't see how to easily move files around in this app. Where as it is very simple in Solid.

The other issue I found with FM is trying to connect to my PC using "Network Place". I select my PC from the list and when I drill down to a specific file, it asks for server login credentials. Not exactly sure what to enter here. I'm not at home right now to verify, but that's kind of what I recall. What I do remember for sure is it wasn't a simple connection. On the other hand, it could just be that I'm an *****.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my fancy new PRIV. All without the love and support of VZW.
    Let me guess, you're on a Windows machine? You have to go to control panel, get your computer name and then put in your desktop password, if memory serves. If that doesn't work, I'll go back and look up how to do it.

I use both, I also find myself going back and forth on Yandex and Habit browser (both have location bar on bottom) but Yandex has the edge with Reader mode.
    08-29-16 04:30 PM
    Let me guess, you're on a Windows machine? You have to go to control panel, get your computer name and then put in your desktop password, if memory serves. If that doesn't work, I'll go back and look up how to do it.

I use both, I also find myself going back and forth on Yandex and Habit browser (both have location bar on bottom) but Yandex has the edge with Reader mode.

Well yeah. That's what I thought, but it tells me the username & password are incorrect. Which they aren't. So, I'm not really sure what credentials it's looking for?

08-29-16 05:42 PM
    Haven't I just said that ES was 45 MB? I didn't know that ES Pro was even larger.
    My apologies, I misread the post, you did indeed.

08-29-16 06:31 PM
    Expecting sympathy from someone who calls themselves MisterAbrasive is, well, asking for it.

For some reason, I can't quite fathom how to copy/move files between folders in solid. Or to/from an on-the-go drive. I wind up selecting stuff and then as I attempt to copy/move somehow I lose that focus trying to get the files to the new folder or drive!!!!
    I got the tip from someone here. Turn your phone to landscape. Find the file you want to move and then tap and hold the file and drag it to the other side. You will have the option to either copy or cut. Then paste or move to the folder you want.
    That's the only sympathy you get from me.
    You can do landscape view and have both panes visible, or just swipe left/right.

Preferred File Manager for Priv-screenshot_2016-08-29-18-39-34.jpg
    Preferred File Manager for Priv-screenshot_2016-08-29-18-39-47.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    08-29-16 06:42 PM
    Tried several, finally settled on File Manager +. It's clean, simple, efficient.
    Can I ask who the developer is? I've looked for one with a Plus Sign + but have not found it. Thanks
    08-29-16 06:45 PM
    Well yeah. That's what I thought, but it tells me the username & password are incorrect. Which they aren't. So, I'm not really sure what credentials it's looking for?

It may have involved modifying permissions, sorry can't remember. In any event, there's an option to use different credentials than your Windows account. Start here:

Windows Networking: How to Work With Network Drives & Network Locations

EDIT: For the username of your windows account, browse to your User folder and type the name of the folder as it's displayed exactly. It may not match what you think is your username. Then use the password you use to login to windows.

eg. For Windows 8.1 look under C:\Users and your folder name.
    08-29-16 06:50 PM
    EDIT: For the username of your windows account, browse to your User folder and type the name of the folder as it's displayed exactly. It may not match what you think is your username. Then use the password you use to login to windows.

eg. For Windows 8.1 look under C:\Users and your folder name.
    That did the trick. Thanks for looking into it Reany. Much appreciated!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-30-16 01:40 AM
    +1

08-30-16 10:02 PM
56 123