Teringbeest, you know what, you are right. The same rubbish in Germany and in many other European countries. But what can you do about it. Like you, I also just read that it has been pushed back yet again in Holland. Week 51 now. In the German waiting room thread you can read that some guys already got an E-mail from some vendors that their delivery date has been pushed back to January 22, 2016! It does not make any sense to think that Holland will receive Privs any time sooner as it has always been the case that new flagship phones (like the iPhone for instance also) are ALWAYS released earlier in Germany. Holland (among others) is ALWAYS second in line. That's why you ALWAYS have many people who drive to Germany to get a new flagship device of brand xyz. So, expect to NOT get it sooner than January 22nd.
    One thing that is positive tho, maybe EU get a second, third or fourth batch that doesn't have all the quality issues that the first batch had (creaky sides/back, loose USB port, crappy cam etc.) Heck, maybe by the time Europeans take delivery of their Privs we get it with Marshmallow lolz.
    Esi, I wouldn't get another phone if I were you. Trust me, no matter when the Priv will arrive, if you get another phone, the Priv will probably stay in your mind and the "fun" part is that you will not be able to test/see it in stores as BB's are unfindable is physical stores in at least Germany/Holland. Friends will probably also not have the phone so you could test. BTW, it's certainly not that their is much demand for the Priv that there are issues for Dutch vendors to obtain one. I was really shocked to hear from a friend how few Privs actually got pre-ordered with various E-shops in Holland. Priv is not a "hot" phone.
    But then again, Esi, the upcoming Samsung s7/s7 edge in January and the iPhone 7 might be worth waiting for indeed. if BB drops the ball with their awful supply management to EU. To be honest, I hope the Priv will be released by the time the S7 is out.....makes for an easier comparison on which one of the two devices to grab in the end. The iPhone 7 in September will be a wait that is too long (for me at least).
    12-02-15 09:27 AM
    This may be a silly question but why not buy it on Shop blackberry?

ShopBlackBerry Expands into 3 More European Countries with Sale | Inside BlackBerry

"ShopBlackBerry now shipping to Italy, Spain and Netherlands"
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-02-15 at 10:00 AM.
    12-02-15 09:41 AM
    Thats new info for me, will defintaly take this in consideration..although thru the retailer you combine it with a contract with the mobile provider.

EDIT: The shop BB option does not apply for the Priv...only for the older models..
    Last edited by terrebeest; 12-02-15 at 10:26 AM.
    12-02-15 09:50 AM
    This may be a silly question but why not buy it on Shop blackberry?

ShopBlackBerry Expands into 3 More European Countries with Sale | Inside BlackBerry

"ShopBlackBerry now shipping to Italy, Spain and Netherlands"
    No. This is a post of 2015.6.30.
    There was and is no such thing as buying online with Blackberry. At least not in EU (aside from UK).
    Buy PRIV by BlackBerry ? New BlackBerry, Android BlackBerry - Global
    I don't know how it is in the US of A or in Canada, but here in EU hardly anybody will purchase a phone off contract.
    As a matter of fact, it's often cheaper to get it with a contract. For instance, If I purchase the Priv with a contract of 12 months, it'll save me about 90 Euro's at the end of the year compared to when I purchase it off-contract and then take the same T-mobile contract.
    12-02-15 10:27 AM
    Thats new info for me, will defintaly take this in consideration..although thru the retailer you combine it with a contract with the mobile provider.

EDIT: The shop BB option does not apply for the Priv...only for the older models..
    Yes..but no Priv in european store..
    12-02-15 10:53 AM
    yeah I think you're right. If i don't get to at least try this phone its gonna haunt my dreams. I know my brother will get one too, but he is in middle east so it might take a while before he can get his hands on one. My sister is visiting me from US in march but by that time it will be already here (wishful thinking?)

I really do hope that the later batches don't have the aforementioned hardware problems. I don't mind putting up with any software issues until patches arrive.
    unfortunately, neither iphone 7 nor galaxy s7 is for me. they both make great phones but i can't stand iOS or touchwiz.
    12-02-15 11:07 AM
    I ordered the phone through phonebucks.nl. They postponed it but I saw on Tweakers.net people were receiving the phone from naztel.nl. I contacted phonebucks.nl about this and they delivered the phone two weeks ago through naztel.nl. Pretty amazing service. Check Dutch details on delivery of the phone on Tweakers.net (search for Priv and then look at the forums).

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:15 AM
    Impressive service indeed, but they are more expensive than the others, even in combination with a contract..
    but again, impressive service!
    12-02-15 11:27 AM
    I ordered the phone through phonebucks.nl. They postponed it but I saw on Tweakers.net people were receiving the phone from naztel.nl. I contacted phonebucks.nl about this and they delivered the phone two weeks ago through naztel.nl. Pretty amazing service. Check Dutch details on delivery of the phone on Tweakers.net (search for Priv and then look at the forums).

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear at least someone got the phone in Holland. It is currently sold out in naztel.nl but will keep an eye on it and let everyone know if that changes. Can you tell us about the manufacturing date/location and overall hardware quality of your unit ridmaur?
    12-02-15 11:29 AM
    Overall hardware quality is good. But I have no really put it to the test as I cannot part from my Passbook. Where can I find this manufacturer info?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:36 AM
    It's on the box above the model number. It should be a 6 digit number with no dashes, lines or spaces (DDMMYY).

Thanks
    12-02-15 11:48 AM
    031115, Mexico 6, it says.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:51 AM
    yeah I think you're right. If i don't get to at least try this phone its gonna haunt my dreams. I know my brother will get one too, but he is in middle east so it might take a while before he can get his hands on one. My sister is visiting me from US in march but by that time it will be already here (wishful thinking?)

I really do hope that the later batches don't have the aforementioned hardware problems. I don't mind putting up with any software issues until patches arrive.
    unfortunately, neither iphone 7 nor galaxy s7 is for me. they both make great phones but i can't stand iOS or touchwiz.
    You are at least lucky that you have a brother/sister who has the phone or will get the phone so you can at least play with it IF you decide to go for another phone (which we both know you wouldn't do anyways lol rofl). It's been literally 4 years now since the last person in my family/friends circle have ditched their BlackBerry. I'm the last "dinosaur" who (tries to) stick with the brand unless of course I cannot take all the hardware/software complaints any longer on CB. I really do not want to pay 700,00 Euros only to irritate my a s s of due to all kinds of flaws. I just don't have time for that s hit (any longer) like in the old BB days. Then I'm afraid this will happen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1050886/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12121910

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Priv is an Android phone (with some tweaks) but has tochwizzes like any other stock android.

Posted via CB10
    A direct link would have been more handy.

Delivery times thread:
    [BlackBerry Priv] Levertijden en prijzen - Telecomproviders en Leveringen - GoT

General thread:
    [BlackBerry Priv] Ervaringen en Discussie - Android - GoT

Phonebucks delivers through naztel but doesn't deliver to their customers through phonebucks?
    Vague and kinda shady in my book. Transparency seems lost in this case.
    12-02-15 12:11 PM
    Apologies, was on CB10 app at BBPP. Thanks for adding the URLS to the thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 12:28 PM
    I wasn't expecting such an early build to show up here. (most people who pre-ordered the phone in BBshop US got the same batch of phone with a build date of between 3rd and 5th of nov). But then again you said you received your phone 2 weeks ago.

WT44, I like the stock android user interface. I've been a nexus fan (which run stock android) since the beginning. TouchWiz, SenseUI, etc are custom UI that manufacturers put on android. Some are good (SenseUI) some are bad (TouchWiz). of course this is all subjective and just my opinion. Luckily the priv has a near stock android UI. they have customized it in the form of added functionality but the UI is largely stock.
    12-02-15 12:46 PM
    IF I will not cancel my pre-order, the Priv will be my first Android phone.
    I had the galaxy s4 for a couple of days before returning it but never really indulged in the Android experience.
    So, I'm kinda a n00bie with this OS. Only have extensive experience with BlackBerry OS 7 and Apples iOs.
    Lot's of catching up to do when I decide to keep my Priv when it finally arrives (whenever that may be).
    12-02-15 12:59 PM
    Well.... things are getiing a little tence...could it be.....
    I have not received a message this week (yet..?) that the Priv is being further delayed (thru Studentmobiel).
    So..wondering if week 51 is going to be the magical week..?
    (offcourse, typically out of the complete last half year this will be the only week I will not be in the country....lol)
    12-08-15 06:47 AM
117 ... 345