With the new BlackBerry keyboard update, there is a new feature (under settings-BlackBerry keyboard) that shows you stats about how you type and in what way..

Give it a try and post it here, I am curious to see between what is the percentage of Physical keyboard vs. Virtual keyboard usage for the Priv users

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Post your typing habits!-194155.jpg  
    FF22 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-08-16 05:04 PM
    This is cool feature.

Attached Thumbnails Post your typing habits!-21365.jpg  
    09-08-16 05:51 PM
    It's only been a day, but here it is...
    Post your typing habits!-screenshot_20160909-005229.jpg
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-08-16 05:53 PM
    Hmmm.... I wonder if the keyboard app is calling home and reporting these statistics, particularly the use of the physical keyboard???
    Ursus Rufus and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-08-16 08:50 PM
    Hi everyone

Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this, but since the subject is TYPING habits, it's a "habit" or rather inclination of mine, to not really enjoy VKBs that constantly flicker between upper & lowercase, ie, QWERTY to qwerty. This is because fundamentally I'm one of those totally PKB-crazy weirdos you've probably heard about ;-P

So to my question:

IS there a setting so that the updated BB VKB stays in all uppercase keys, all the time? I know that in the Play Store there are several keyboards available for download that have this as one of the settings (and indeed iPhones & earlier BlackBerry VKB's were like that by default) but I'm wondering if this is currently an option?

Appreciate any input. Thanks.
    09-08-16 09:08 PM
    Hmmm.... I wonder if the keyboard app is calling home and reporting these statistics, particularly the use of the physical keyboard???
    Makes me remember the first time I downloaded SwiftKey on my old Samsung Galaxy S2, with heat mapping and "calling home" & crude swipe, & everything. :P
    09-08-16 09:11 PM
    Most likely yes.. But I think it can be really useful for BlackBerry to improve even further the experience on both virtual and physical keyboards..

09-08-16 10:23 PM
    It's only been a day, but here it is...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160909-005229.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	408035
    I wonder what they define as "gesture" I tried some swipe and other transition but my count does not increase..

skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-08-16 10:25 PM
    Because several people have asked.. The exact path for getting the stats is:

Settings - - > Language & input --> BlackBerry Keyboard settings --> Statistics

FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    09-08-16 10:28 PM
    I hope it does. And I hope they see there are people like me who use the PKB all the time.

I wonder what they define as "gesture" I tried some swipe and other transition but my count does not increase..

Swipe left to delete mostly in my case. I think I have such a large count because I was replying to some posts on another forum so I was deleting parts of the quotes using that gesture. Such a great feature on a PKB, I must say, it speeds up the whole typing a lot.

It will be interesting to see these statistics after a few weeks and months.
    09-09-16 02:22 AM
    On another note, I am using the VKB way more than what I was thinking.. Interesting lol

09-09-16 07:47 AM
    So, they didn't collect these statistics before the update?

Attached Thumbnails Post your typing habits!-41719.jpg  
    09-09-16 07:54 AM
    Stats say that my PKB usage is zero

Which is true. So far, I think I've only ever used the slider to answer the phone ...
    09-09-16 08:06 AM
    Stats say that my PKB usage is zero

Which is true. So far, I think I've only ever used the slider to answer the phone ...
    You people are crazy. Why would you go through the hassle of tapping the screen when there's a beautiful real keyboard just waiting to be opened and used right underneath said screen?

It's way faster, it's way more precise, there's no need to look at it while typing, it doesn't obscure one half of the screen...
    Post your typing habits!-screenshot_20160909-154019.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-16 08:41 AM
    You people are crazy. Why would you go through the hassle of tapping the screen when there's a beautiful real keyboard just waiting to be opened and used right underneath said screen?

It's way faster, it's way more precise, there's no need to look at it while typing, it doesn't obscure one half of the screen...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160909-154019.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	408073
    I am using the VKB when I am on the go.. One typical example is the NYC subway where you HAVE to hold on to something to avoid been killed lol..
    In that situation VKB is more feasible because I can still managing typing with one hand Vs. when I use both hands on the PKB.

When I walk and type (disclaimer do not do this at home lol) I can only use the PKB because I can type without looking the screen.

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-09-16 09:28 AM
    09-09-16 11:10 AM
    @DavideaNY
    How come it learned 2138 words when typed only 258 words?
    09-09-16 01:37 PM
    @DavideaNY
    How come it learned 2138 words when typed only 258 words?
    Word learning existed before the the last keyboard update when it started logging these Statistics. It probably counts the old learned words as well.
    09-09-16 02:05 PM
    Flick typing on the vkb is my usual.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    09-09-16 02:13 PM
    My stats since yesterday (in french ^^). Great feature !

Attached Thumbnails Post your typing habits!-247122.jpg  
    Mirko935 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-09-16 02:17 PM
    My stats since yesterday (in french ^^). Great feature !

That's how a PKB phone should be used!
    guizmox and misterabrasive like this.
    09-09-16 02:31 PM
    So, they didn't collect these statistics before the update?

Perhaps yes? I'm having the same observation based on my stats.
    09-09-16 02:49 PM
    Doesn't seem to record the use of keyboard shortcuts. I use them a lot

Passport on ATT or Priv on Verizon
    09-09-16 03:39 PM
    I am using the VKB when I am on the go.. One typical example is the NYC subway where you HAVE to hold on to something to avoid been killed lol..
    In that situation VKB is more feasible because I can still managing typing with one hand Vs. when I use both hands on the PKB.

When I walk and type (disclaimer do not do this at home lol) I can only use the PKB because I can type without looking the screen.

You can really type on it without looking at the pkb? Well done.
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-09-16 04:04 PM
    Whatever this means:
    Attached Thumbnails Post your typing habits!-1473455529563.jpg  
    09-09-16 04:12 PM
68 123