I have just transitioned from a Q10 to the PRIV and so far I like it. I need to set up groups for texting. (I coordinate volunteers for a conference and they all text but not all read their e-mails.) I cannot seem to find any information on how to do this. Ideally, I could set up a "Friday volunteer group" and a "Saturday volunteer group" so that I can just type in the group name, type the text, and it is sent to everyone on the appropriate list. Any ideas on this?
    Thanks.
    Vivian
    09-28-16 12:56 AM
    Try different sms app like textra or yaata
    09-28-16 05:03 AM
    The Android Messenger sms app let's you do this.
    09-28-16 06:49 AM
    Thank you both for your responses. I did finally figure it out using Android Messenger. However, the directions online tell you to set up your group list in contacts, open Messenger, enter the name of your group list into the contacts box, type the message and send. However, in the PRIV, you actually create the group in contacts (as directed above) but you also text your group from your contacts list. It is very easy once you figure out the process. I appreciate both of your suggestions.
    Vivian
    09-28-16 05:39 PM
    Thank you both for your responses. I did finally figure it out using Android Messenger. However, the directions online tell you to set up your group list in contacts, open Messenger, enter the name of your group list into the contacts box, type the message and send. However, in the PRIV, you actually create the group in contacts (as directed above) but you also text your group from your contacts list. It is very easy once you figure out the process. I appreciate both of your suggestions.
    Vivian
    Thanks for providing the info on group texting on the Priv. I gave mine to my nephew and he loves the device, but couldn't figure out group texting with the Android messaging app, this should be what he has been looking for.
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-28-16 05:51 PM
    Telegram is also a good app that a lot of people are using.
    09-29-16 10:51 AM
    you can also set up groups in BB Contacts....from there you can start multiperson emails or texts or calendar invites.
    09-29-16 11:11 AM
    Thanks for providing the info on group texting on the Priv. I gave mine to my nephew and he loves the device, but couldn't figure out group texting with the Android messaging app, this should be what he has been looking for.
    What device are you using now, Ron?
    09-29-16 11:11 AM