Pretty simple question. I keep the phone protected in the flip case most of the time, which sets the camera back a bit. But if I have the phone out of the case, the camera lens area seemingly touches the table if I lay it flat. Is it possible for it to get scratched by doing this? I'm assuming the answer is No, but just wanted to get others experiences.
    02-18-17 10:59 AM
    The ring around it should protect the lens. That's IF indeed the surface is flat.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-17 11:15 AM
    Anything is possible. These threads are always somewhat amusing to me. It's like there is actually some part of people's thoughts that actually doesn't allow them to figure out something very basic on their own.

Are you looking for someone to tell you that it's IMPOSSIBLE to scratch your lens by laying it flat? And then? What if it happens? Will you feel any better about it because the person who told you it couldn't can then be held partially responsible?

Sorry to be trollish... but man, think for yourself! If you don't want it scratched, then be careful. Why would anything anyone says change that logic?
    02-18-17 11:34 AM
    Anything is possible. These threads are always somewhat amusing to me. It's like there is actually some part of people's thoughts that actually doesn't allow them to figure out something very basic on their own.

Are you looking for someone to tell you that it's IMPOSSIBLE to scratch your lens by laying it flat? And then? What if it happens? Will you feel any better about it because the person who told you it couldn't can then be held partially responsible?

Sorry to be trollish... but man, think for yourself! If you don't want it scratched, then be careful. Why would anything anyone says change that logic?
    Is this a joke? I'm asking those who've had the phone longer than I have to share their experience.

Yes it was trollish lol smh
    02-18-17 12:19 PM
    Unless the surface is particulary uneaven, you won't scratch the lens. The metal ring around it protrudes, so it sits on it instead of the glass. I have my priv for over 1 year, never used a case, I just lay the phone flat on every surface and the glass is mint
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-17 01:14 PM
    the camera pertrude out is a bad design IMHO. regardless has ring around it or not. lay flat on its back with a point = curve line as stress concentration point are bad idea in terms of mechanical point of view, the camera is on the top of the unit, so it will only rest on part of the lens/ring. optically speaking, yes, it does have advantage if case is provided (dtek 60 should come with a proper case and should be used to prevent stress point). if you really don't want to use a case, you should enable the flip to sleep mode and let it face down - oh, forgot that, the bezel didn'tprovide a protective ring around display either... is it? never mind... you can select which one you prefer to risk damage one way or the other... if I were you, i get screen protector and alway face down and put to sleep on the table... and try not to type it when lay on the table if you don't like a case.
    02-18-17 02:56 PM
    Is this a joke? I'm asking those who've had the phone longer than I have to share their experience.

Yes it was trollish lol smh
    Well, I apologize for having a moment of trollishness but you did ask "if it were possible" to scratch the camera lens. Regardless of what other users experiences are,the answer is still going to be "YES, it is possible."

If you are concerned, like another user mentioned, screen protector and device face-down is a good idea. Another idea would be to trace and cut your own protector for the camera lens if you have any other screen protectors lying around.

On the other hand, you probably don't need to worry all that much regardless because I DO, in fact, have a scratch on the lens of my Passport's camera lens but it doesn't seem to affect it in anyway whatsoever.
    02-18-17 03:24 PM