I like Nova Launcher. Is it possible to replace the BlackBerry launcher with Nova or another launcher?
    11-06-15 12:32 PM
    Hi Laura! I believe you can add Nova launcher to the Priv...yes. I love Nova too! I use it on my LG instead of the stock launcher!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-15 12:48 PM
    I would imagine (as I have to since I haven't yet had the opportunity to get my hands on the device yet) that there's no reason why you couldn't.

You'd probably lose the custom gestures BB put on the Home Button. But Nova allows you to add some custom gestures anyway, so it should be a simple matter to duplicate them (maybe not the exact same gestures, but functionally the same).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-15 12:56 PM
    Of course you can it's an android

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-15 12:59 PM
    In hindsight, I would imagine you'd lose the "widget popup" feature altogether. But I'd guess that feature gets duplicated sometime in the not so distant future.
    11-06-15 03:34 PM
    In hindsight, I would imagine you'd lose the "widget pop up "
    That's in fact the case, pop up widgets is a feature of the launcher it seems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 03:55 PM
    That's in fact the case, pop up widgets is a feature of the launcher it seems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well I'd want to use my 1Weather and Beautiful Widgets weather and clock widgets.
    11-06-15 04:50 PM
    Well I'd want to use my 1Weather and Beautiful Widgets weather and clock widgets.
    I'm pretty sure you will be able to, Laura...BTW have you tried Zooper Pro? Love it and I have made many weather sets to go with it...
    11-06-15 04:58 PM
    OEMs aren't allowed to prevent install and use of other launchers on Google approved device. You will lose BB launcher specific capabilities however on switching.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-15 05:04 PM
    You still can. Just not as pop-up widgets.

Myself personally I maintain 5 home screens.

Farthest left... file managers, app stores, utilities like WiFi Analyzer etc...
    1st left from home... Pure Grid Calendar Widgets and productivity apps.
    Center/Home... Beautiful Widgets for Time/Weather and most used apps.
    1st right from home... Google Keep (used to be evernote but dumped that) and note taking apps.
    Farthest right... Media. SongID widget, YouTube, Music Players, etc...

At any given time, I'm always on my center home screen, so anything I want is never anything more than two swipes away.

Add to that, my swipable dock bars (which I don't use as much as I use to since I've utilized folders). My doc bars (of which I've specified 3) are simple... main is Phone/Messaging, Email, Web Browser/Wikipedia/etc./Cameras. One swipe left Google Maps, Wave, Travel Apps. One swipe right (from center) Media editing (pixlr, sketchbook, photo galleries etc).

As a whole it all might seem confusing, but as a practice, it's all very organized.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-15 05:07 PM
    With Nova Launcher you can set a custom swipe up gesture, which may allow you to bring up the hub or any other app on swipe up.
    11-06-15 05:41 PM