10.4 isn't coming. They stopped developing for BlackBerry 10 OS. To move forward, BlackBerry OS needs Qt5 and BlackBerry has admitted that they are no longer supporting Qt5 which means the end of the line for BlackBerry 10 development.
    Read this.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/platform-notes-qnx.html

About Qt 5's lack of support for BlackBerry 10, you are right and wrong at the same time. BlackBerry 10 supported the bundling of Qt 5 in a .BAR file, and that "BB10 support" was discontinued with Qt 5.5. Call us when Qt for QNX Neutrino is deprecated.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-17-15 12:36 PM
    Well we already know that BlackBerry 10 OS doesn't have a future. It will be steady as you go, not keep on moving. When 10.3.3 is released, what ever that has will be the end.
    Lol, boy you really are trying hard to spread the word about bb10 being dead,give it a rest and come back in a few days and say "I told you so"i just don't want to be you if you are wrong, lol!

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-17-15 12:36 PM
    I was just thinking that although we've been seeing the device run Android in the leaked photos, it might not be a real indication of what the final device will be running.

A few thoughts behind why we don't see these beta devices running BlackBerry 10:

- OS 10.4 might be nowhere near ready to deploy on a test device (assuming that's what they're hoping to release with this device), so they slapped on Android;

- To throw people off who spot the device in the outside world (they'd just assume it's one of the myriad other Android devices out there), especially since it resembles the Edge;

- These devices are for strictly stress-testing to ensure that sliding mechanism and keyboard can survive real-life and constant use;

- Might be a risk-mitigation strategy to avoid leaking both OS 10.4 features AND new device features;

- Might be a "two birds, one stone" testing device -- testing the new security layer of Android being built with Samsung as well as the new device;

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I have some interesting theories that could be added to this list.

- To smoke test the Hypervisor, there were system images with Android running under it, and you saw one of them.
    - You need something to test the BlackBerry Experience Suite on.
    - You need to deploy some images with this setup to confuse potential leakers. This does not exclude at all my previous scenarios.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-17-15 12:43 PM
    Read this.

Platform and Compiler Notes - QNX | Qt 5.5

About Qt 5's lack of support for BlackBerry 10, you are right and wrong at the same time. BlackBerry 10 supported the bundling of Qt 5 in a .BAR file, and that "BB10 support" was discontinued with Qt 5.5. Call us when Qt for QNX Neutrino is deprecated.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Wrong. The link you posted is QNX and not BB10. BlackBerry 10 never supported anything higher than 4.8.5 in the SDKs. Developers had to jump through hoops to try and add Qt5 support by themselves. That means adding all the runtime libraries inside your apps and not as simple as having them include in the OS.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    08-17-15 12:44 PM
    Lol, boy you really are trying hard to spread the word about bb10 being dead,give it a rest and come back in a few days and say "I told you so"i just don't want to be you if you are wrong, lol!

Posted via CB10
    Problem is that I am not wrong. BlackBerry 10 OS and native app development cannot go forward until they move to Qt5 which isn't happening as said by BlackBerry themselves.

Can they still sell devices with BlackBerry 10? Sure. They sold 9900s with BBOS 7 until recently. Doesn't mean that BBOS 7 isn't stagnate. BB10 will very soon be treated like BBOS 7.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    08-17-15 12:46 PM
    Maybe we will get BB11 if BB10 gets stagnated
    08-17-15 12:51 PM
    Wrong. The link you posted is QNX and not BB10. BlackBerry 10 never supported anything higher than 4.8.5 in the SDKs. Developers had to jump through hoops to try and add Qt5 support by themselves. That means adding all the runtime libraries inside your apps and not as simple as having them include in the OS.
    Wrong.

The link I posted is QNX, because if you want to do a full port, you will use Qt for QNX, not Qt for BlackBerry 10. Remember that a port scenario means porting everything, including Cascades, to Qt 5.

Obviously, you saw docs by BlackBerry, but not docs by Qt that explained those hoops.

About the SDK, once you get the port out, you release a new SDK. That's also obvious and logical.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    mania626 likes this.
    08-17-15 12:54 PM
    As far as I know, BBRY is not attending IFA, at least not as a vendor or manufacturer.
    08-17-15 12:54 PM
    I have some interesting theories that could be added to this list.

- To smoke test the Hypervisor, there were system images with Android running under it, and you saw one of them.
    - You need something to test the BlackBerry Experience Suite on.
    - You need to deploy some images with this setup to confuse potential leakers. This does not exclude at all my previous scenarios.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Testing of BlackBerry Experience or other current and future cross platform applications.... is a real possibility. But instead of using your new prototype, why not just go buy some Samsung phones? Prototypes are usually worth thousands of dollars each...

As for confusing potential leakers... I have to wonder what is more damaging? Someone Leaking a new BB10 device -- Or making customers wary of a coming change to your platform and thus making them go elsewhere. I imagine this next ER is going to be tough.

I don't think we have a single clue that really points to Android being the only solution. But when brought together, as a whole.... they all seem to be pointing to BB10 is coming to it's end.
    08-17-15 02:16 PM
    Wrong.

The link I posted is QNX, because if you want to do a full port, you will use Qt for QNX, not Qt for BlackBerry 10. Remember that a port scenario means porting everything, including Cascades, to Qt 5.

Obviously, you saw docs by BlackBerry, but not docs by Qt that explained those hoops.

About the SDK, once you get the port out, you release a new SDK. That's also obvious and logical.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    Seems you got on the wrong track. We are talking BlackBerry 10, not QNX. BlackBerry SDKs stop at 4.8.5.

QNX and BlackBerry 10 are two different products.
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    08-17-15 02:17 PM
    disagree. why throw people of with android. it would only drive people away. if 10.4 is nowhere near ready, keep it running 10.3.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-18-15 04:06 AM
    Nobody has 10.3.3. Period full stop. Anyone who says otherwise is spinning tales. No one has a roadmap showing 10.3.3 or its APIs no one. Period full stop. There is really no need to continue to litter the forums with this nonsense. Especially since at least one person on the Mobile Nations staff is aware of this.

10.4? really? 10.4? SMH.

And sorry OP - but I'm sure you are a very nice person, but you are acting a bit na�ve. There are lots of reasons you might find a naked man in your bed with your wife, but the most obvious, will almost always be correct.
    Except one developer, who is close to BlackBerry was told that a bug he reported was fixed in 10.3.3. It's easy to draw a conclusion you have. I think 10.3.3 will probably come, but as another small bug fix update.

Although pretty much all developers websites were down in the last week at some point (usually indicates something new), Vendor portal still having a promo code bug. Why would they keep updating EOL stuff?

Oh, and they reached out to us about the promo code bug, and fixed it for some of us. I'm assuming they were trying to isolate the bug.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-18-15 04:13 AM
    Except one developer, who is close to BlackBerry was told that a bug he reported was fixed in 10.3.3. It's easy to draw a conclusion you have. I think 10.3.3 will probably come, but as another small bug fix update.

Although pretty much all developers websites were down in the last week at some point (usually indicates something new), Vendor portal still having a promo code bug. Why would they keep updating EOL stuff?

Oh, and they reached out to us about the promo code bug, and fixed it for some of us. I'm assuming they were trying to isolate the bug.
    Until laid off or reassigned... it might be their job to keep things going "as is" to keep the rumors down to a minimum. And too the BBOS and PlayBook app developer sites are still up and running.....

Plus they'll still have to support BB10 for a while as the Classic, LEAP and Passport Silver are "new" devices. Much like us PlayBook owners got I think two minor updates after they announced no BB10 on the PlayBook....

I don't think they'll just end EVERYTHING having to do with BB10. But I think long ago Chen saw he had to switch the OS, and that BB10 development was put into a fix it, but don't change very much "mode". They'll keep the App Developer sites going as existing devices will still need updated apps and they'll even hope for some new apps.... but that might be a staff of one in place of what might have been a whole department at one time.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-18-15 08:53 AM
    I guess we'll find out in about a month from now.

Posted via CB10
    What do you think is going to happen in about a month?
    I am expecting no answer or mumbling please prove me wrong.
    08-18-15 11:53 AM
    BTW, extremely important information.

From: development-bounces+mitch.curtis=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org <development-bounces+mitch.curtis=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org> on behalf of Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
    Sent: Friday, 14 August 2015 22:19
    To: development at qt-project.org
    Subject: Re: [Development] Qt 4.8: disabling the CI and closing for anything except security fixes

On Friday 14 August 2015 09:41:16 Lisandro Dami�n Nicanor P�rez Meyer wrote:
    > On Thursday 13 August 2015 17:40:24 Thiago Macieira wrote:
    > > I recently tried to fix a very simple bug in Qt 4.8 but I can't get the
    > > change to integrate because the CI seems to have fallen into disrepair.
    > >
    > > Instead of using valuable QA time in fixing the CI for 4.8, I'd like to
    > > propose instead that we simply disable the CI for that version and close
    > > Qt
    > > 4.8 for any submission except security fixes. Gerrit would be configured
    > > for pure merging instead of staging, but that would only be enabled to
    > > Gerrit admins and they'd only do it after confirmation from the security
    > > team (security at qt- project.org).
    > >
    > > Any objections?
    >
    > FWIW I think this is they way to go.

Seeing that we have support across the board, I'll ask the Gerrit admins to do
    the change.

I'll also drop my fix because it's not a security fix.

We can also close all Qt 4.x bug reports that do not apply to Qt 5 and aren't
    security issues.

[snip]

I created a filter for those bugs:

https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=16968

I'll try to do a bulk close of those bugs and reference this thread.

(Sorry about the formatting, on Windows...)

Wide vision, from Chile.
    08-18-15 03:26 PM
    What do you think is going to happen in about a month?
    I am expecting no answer or mumbling please prove me wrong.
    we will have a lot more info about what's really going on obviously.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:29 PM
    we will have a lot more info about what's really going on obviously.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I was wrong.
    08-18-15 05:50 PM
    OS
    QNX10
    Software Release
    OS Version
    Build ID
    Cryptographic Kernel Version