Has anyone tried putting Nougat on a Priv on their own?

I googled and found this video.

has anyone tried I?
    Does it work?

06-24-17 12:06 PM
    No its fake
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-24-17 12:10 PM
    We probably won't get nougat. BlackBerry has moved anything that isn't the Aurora and keyone into legacy status. So just like the PlayBook the priv is screwed.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 and Joao Oliveira like this.
    06-24-17 12:58 PM
    Agree with BriniaSona. Priv and DTEKs are PlayBooked. N has been out for ages and O is around the corner but not a word from BlackBerry about an update. How much special sauce are they pouring on this thing? Lol
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-24-17 01:37 PM
    We probably won't get nougat. BlackBerry has moved anything that isn't the Aurora and keyone into legacy status. So just like the PlayBook the priv is screwed.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Has that been verified? The DTEKs too?
    PS. I am fishing with this post, for verification that they have been moved to legacy status. :-)
    Last edited by Sigewif; 06-24-17 at 02:17 PM.
    06-24-17 01:38 PM
    if android devices, regardless of the brand are constantly getting updates..... why would the update not be made available? isn't that the whole point of having an android?
    06-24-17 03:19 PM
    if android devices, regardless of the brand are constantly getting updates..... why would the update not be made available? isn't that the whole point of having an android?
    It's supposed to be. But android specs and hardware move so fast anything not brand new is forgotten about. Unless you have the Samsung and LG manpower
    06-24-17 03:57 PM
    little wonder the sales and report and stock are sinking...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-24-17 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    That bites because I just got the PRIV and now it makes me wish I'd gotten the Axon 7. Shame. I'm going to try and sell my priv
    06-24-17 07:39 PM
    Priv is still getting the monthly security updates from BlackBerry as well as various app updates almost every day. So talk of legacy device is premature.
    The PlayBook comparison is not really valid, as they actually promised an upgrade of the OS to BB10 then later said it wasn't possible with the hardware; no promise of Nougat was ever made, although with the Dteks it seems harsh should they not get it.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-24-17 08:52 PM
    Priv is still getting the monthly security updates from BlackBerry as well as various app updates almost every day. So talk of legacy device is premature.
    The PlayBook comparison is not really valid, as they actually promised an upgrade of the OS to BB10 then later said it wasn't possible with the hardware; no promise of Nougat was ever made, although with the Dteks it seems harsh should they not get it.
    When 7.0 was launched, Priv wasn't even 1 year old... so it's just as harsh on the PRIV... It's rubish this kind of support on a Premium device
    xandros9 and anon(10218918) like this.
    06-25-17 05:52 AM
    . N has been out for ages and O is around the corner but not a word from BlackBerry about an update.
    I guess Kevin still hasn't received a reply to that email he sent to John Chen....
    Camelhmpz and dave8787 like this.
    06-25-17 06:06 AM
    I guess Kevin still hasn't received a reply to that email he sent to John Chen....
    Email???? "Did Kevin send me an email?????" Chen!!!
    06-25-17 07:42 AM
    Email???? "Did Kevin send me an email?????" Chen!!!
    I know you're joshing FF, but for others who may have missed Kevin's blog last week:

"For the record, I sent John Chen's Office an email asking for an update to this question so we can (hopefully) finally get a definitive answer on it. Fingers are crossed we'll have an official statement on this soon."
    xandros9 and dave8787 like this.
    06-25-17 08:04 AM
    I know you're joshing FF, but for others who may have missed Kevin's blog last week:

"For the record, I sent John Chen's Office an email asking for an update to this question so we can (hopefully) finally get a definitive answer on it. Fingers are crossed we'll have an official statement on this soon."
    Thanks for adding clarity to my made up quote. Let's hope that Chen does reply to Kevin's inquiry.
    06-25-17 08:30 AM
    Thanks for adding clarity to my made up quote. Let's hope that Chen does reply to Kevin's inquiry.
    Yes, Chen should have a bit more time this week now that the earnings report and all that financial stuff is out of the way.
    06-25-17 09:05 AM
    I doubt even Chen know if Priv get nougat or not...
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-25-17 10:50 AM
    JC will reply back to CBK after he consults with his magic 8 ball.
    xandros9 and FF22 like this.
    06-25-17 11:31 AM
    And if Chen says no go, then Kevin has the answer:
    "Just buy a KEYone."
    Simple.
    Don't know what all the fuss is about.
    naeempriv likes this.
    06-25-17 12:26 PM
    You could have shortened your sentence:

I doubt even Chen know Priv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    naeempriv likes this.
    06-25-17 12:50 PM
    Nougat is coming, it was promised after the Launch of the KeyOne, and they meant once the KeyOne had fully launched in all territories that they planned, so maybe within the next 2 months. Also, they are not manufacturing the Priv anymore because it was still manufactured by BlackBerry, there is nothing stopping TLC from refreshing it internally and re-releasing it. The Rule for androids is that they will get OS updates for 2 years, the Priv was released around December 2015, so i'm confident it will get the Nougat, it's internals will be able to handle it, otherwise blackberry would have said months ago during the announcement that the Priv wouldn't get it but the DTEK's would get it. We just need to be more patient and everything will be fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-25-17 01:08 PM
    No idea why anyone would be surprised about this. BlackBerry is well known for just abandoning projects and not saying a word.

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-25-17 01:13 PM
    Nougat is coming, it was promised after the Launch of the KeyOne, and they meant once the KeyOne had fully launched in all territories that they planned, so maybe within the next 2 months. Also, they are not manufacturing the Priv anymore because it was still manufactured by BlackBerry, there is nothing stopping TLC from refreshing it internally and re-releasing it. The Rule for androids is that they will get OS updates for 2 years, the Priv was released around December 2015, so i'm confident it will get the Nougat, it's internals will be able to handle it, otherwise blackberry would have said months ago during the announcement that the Priv wouldn't get it but the DTEK's would get it. We just need to be more patient and everything will be fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I've been hearing that since 7.0 was released... Unfortunately in a couple of months 8.0 is out, and we are still on 6.0 hoping for 7.0.

For example, a mid-range device like the HTC A9 came at the same tame (earlier in fact) than the PRIV, and got Android N long ago... a mid-range device running SnapDragon 617 from a company labeled as "broke"
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-25-17 03:12 PM
    Nougat is coming, it was promised after the Launch of the KeyOne, and they meant once the KeyOne had fully launched in all territories that they planned, so maybe within the next 2 months.
    No such promise was made. As a matter of fact, BlackBerry has never stated a single thing about Nougat on BlackBerry devices - other than to say they were currently "evaluating the decision".
    06-25-17 03:35 PM
    No such promise was made. As a matter of fact, BlackBerry has never stated a single thing about Nougat on BlackBerry devices - other than to say they were currently "evaluating the decision".
    "Evaluating the decision"

Wow...that's corporate speak for checking to see if it's worth our time based on the number of devices sold.

I take it as we're not going to say anything, like we have not about BlackBerry 10, and hopefully consumers read between the lines.
    #DTEKsPlayBooked
    xandros9 and FF22 like this.
    06-25-17 05:49 PM
45 12