Could BB increase the volume of notifications and phone ringer via software or is this a hardware issue. Everything works just cannot hear notifications and ringer in noisy environment. The Passport is LOUD just like I like it.
    11-12-15 12:53 PM
    I like my Priv but I agree with you the notification volume is to low even at max. I also think the vibrate is a bit soft compared to my Passport. Sorry but I don't know a fix.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 10:12 AM
    I have this issue too!

But it's very strange, sometimes it will be very loud, and all of a sudden it's quiet again! It's not consistent and I feel like it's a software issue.

Still testing stuff out to see if I can replicate it. But I did confirm that when I used WebEx this morning it was nice and loud, comparable to my passport, but then when I played a youtube video or received a call, it was low again.

11-17-15 12:07 AM
    The Z30 and Passport is easily twice as loud as the Priv - WTF?
    11-17-15 02:28 AM
    I think this has to do with the fact that the Priv doesn't have that option to go over max volume.. That most other phones have. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use another phone now that l have the Priv, but music is so subdued at max volume that I have to carry my iPhone around. A shame.
    11-17-15 02:32 AM
    I think this has to do with the fact that the Priv doesn't have that option to go over max volume.. That most other phones have. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use another phone now that l have the Priv, but music is so subdued at max volume that I have to carry my iPhone around. A shame.
    I have only seen this option when the phone is connected to headphones or Bluetooth speaker, never seen this option on a phone when referring to the phones actual speaker.

Anyways, I have to day off today so I'm doing a security wipe to see if I can pin point when the sound fails.

Back in a few hours to report findings!

11-17-15 11:32 AM
    Same here. Sometimes normal sound, sometimes very quiet, sometimes doesn't even make a sound at all.

11-17-15 11:40 AM
    OK so I think I solved it!

I did security wipe, started working properly and I had full volume again. I was super happy, but then I picked up the phone and bam! Volume dropped by almost 50%!

Wtf could it be I though, then I noticed how I picked up the phone, and I tried to recreate the problem, and I figured it out.

It's not a software issue, it's hardware build issue.

When pressure is applied to the phone directly behind the phone, even a small amount, it reduces the volume. Specifically dead in the middle of the "x, c, and 0" keys but from the back cover of he phone. I think something is pressing up against the speaker and squishing it. When the pressure is relieved from the back then sound is nice and loud again.

I'm still working on some tests, but I will make a video of it soon.

11-17-15 12:26 PM
    How do I post a video?

11-17-15 12:36 PM
    Put it on YouTube and then post the link to it.
    11-17-15 12:51 PM
    YouTube won't let me upload because of copyright due to the song playing. Without a song I can't really demonstrate the issue.

11-17-15 04:11 PM
    It might be louder when sitting on a table, and not as loud when you're holding it. But yes, I've noticed this as well.

11-17-15 04:14 PM
    Use a different song.
    11-17-15 04:25 PM
    Use a different song.
    Won't every song have copyright issues?

I will just upload to mega, if anyone wants to take a look here's the link:

https://goo.gl/fQQicG

I will keep it up for a few days.

11-17-15 06:00 PM
    It might be louder when sitting on a table, and not as loud when you're holding it. But yes, I've noticed this as well.

It's not just that, there's a flaw or defect in my hardware, I will be testing a few others and will post my findings.

11-17-15 06:01 PM
    Passport is ridiculously, ridiculously loud. It became a running joke in the office. Priv is still easily loud enough, but the vibrate is not much cop, I'll agree there.
    11-17-15 06:03 PM
    I have noticed this as well, for some of the tones/alerts its quiet. I know some of the alerts are tied to your media volume setting (BBM, Messages, Hub), if not turned on full its quiet or to whatever volume setting its set at. For now it seems you have to make sure your media volume is always on full to get a louder tone. Hopefully a fix will come soon.
    11-17-15 06:24 PM
    Mine are loud as heck. Even on their first level volume they are quite audible.

11-17-15 07:27 PM