I agree with OP.

I have my Priv next to me charging now, or is it? It is stuck at 34% charge for the past 20 to 30 minutes... it says 2 to 3 hours until fully charged.
    The back battery cover is clicking like it is not fully snapped it, but I unsnapped and resnapped it a couple of times.
    The phone is getting really hot while downloading updates and setting up.
    The 'SYM' key is a softer press than the rest of the keys like it is stuck. I had to press it a few times and scratch at it with my finger nail before it restored full click and functionality temporarily. Same issue with the right side of the 'spacebar'.
    Popped in a 64GB Samsung MicroSD. Took about 3-4 minutes to load the approximately 11GB of photos. I'd be surprised what 2TB will be like.

I'm going to bring it back to the store tomorrow and see what the tolerances on the other stock is like.

Software gripes:
    Pressing 'SYM' brings up an alternate menu where the question marks and exclamation marks are upside down. I have to press 'SYM' twice to get to the menu that has normal numbers and normal symbols.

When I'm typing in a message or any other app with the software keyboard with the hardware keyboard closed, if I then open the hardware keyboard, the app will close and return to home screen. This is annoying if I start typing with the software keyboard I can't finish with the hardware keyboard.
    Sounds like you have a defective unit sir, take it back to where you bought it and get them to give you a new one

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:21 AM
    I think the models with wireless charging have less squeaking and cracking as the wireless module is under the back cover. The privs without it has the gaps all over the back and is able to be pushed in causing noises.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    And yes that's a good assumption, they should have just included wireless charging models to all variants... not that i really care for it at all though wireless charging is too slow and doesn't let me charge while the device is in my hands(which it usually is)

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:26 AM
    I think the models with wireless charging have less squeaking and cracking as the wireless module is under the back cover. The privs without it has the gaps all over the back and is able to be pushed in causing noises.

Mine has the wireless charging. It's bad(the squeaking cracking creaking squishing). Super bad. I feel bad for those without it, probably even worse.

ahmedhanif911 and techvisor like this.
    11-25-15 08:53 AM
    I don't have a lot of problems with the build quality, however the very thin back cover doesn't seem to provide much protection from the heat. I was downloading a game that was 1.16GB in size and after playing for about 15 minutes it was scolding hot. I understand with the processor and no cooling system (fan) that the phone will naturally get warm but the heat is sometimes insane.
    11-25-15 09:24 AM
    Ordered my first Priv from Amazon, took it out of the box on arrival and immediately noticed the bad quality on the back cover. Always made this clicking noise whenever I picked it up and handled the phone. It was an obvious thing right away. On closer inspection, you could see the back pushing in with even a light touch. Priv is a cool *** phone! But I just refuse to pay $700 plus dollars for a phone with obvious quality errors like that. I didn't even boot it up. Sent it right back. That constant sound and clicky feel would drive me nuts with regular use. Ordered another a few days ago from Shop BlackBerry. We'll see how round 2 goes. Seems a common problem here in the forums.

Posted via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 and techvisor like this.
    11-25-15 11:06 AM
    This device is solid...and imo the best keyboard blackberry has made except for the passport of course...but that is a wider phone.

11-25-15 11:39 AM
    Hey,

I just got my hands on a Priv at a rogers store.

- The overall build quality is not on par with the Z30, classic, q10 and Leap. I feels plastic-y and I think I could crush it with a firm one handed grip sqweeze..

- The screen clicks on opposite corners when in its home position. I gives me the impression that the screen chassis is not framed very toughly.

- The back cover of the device is easy to "press in"; its not solid like other BB10 we have come to know.

- In the 15 mins I was playing with it, the right rear side of the phone got very hot.

- The speakers are loud but the quality is poor, tin can-ish sounding.

- And most disappointing of all, the keyboard isn't up to par with the classic or even Q10. I would say its just a wee bit better than the Torch which was barely usable for a dude with man hands..

sorry to be a negative nessy.
    I don't understand you at all . This is the best device I ever had and this perhaps no100 in a row.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android and BlackBerry Priv
    11-25-15 12:07 PM
    Hey,

I just got my hands on a Priv at a rogers store.

- The overall build quality is not on par with the Z30, classic, q10 and Leap. I feels plastic-y and I think I could crush it with a firm one handed grip sqweeze..

- The screen clicks on opposite corners when in its home position. I gives me the impression that the screen chassis is not framed very toughly.

- The back cover of the device is easy to "press in"; its not solid like other BB10 we have come to know.

- In the 15 mins I was playing with it, the right rear side of the phone got very hot.

- The speakers are loud but the quality is poor, tin can-ish sounding.

- And most disappointing of all, the keyboard isn't up to par with the classic or even Q10. I would say its just a wee bit better than the Torch which was barely usable for a dude with man hands..

sorry to be a negative nessy.

I had the exact same issues you were talking about and was on my 3rd unit. Finally gave up and got the LG V10 as the Priv didn't seem like it was going to last the length of the new phone contract.
    11-25-15 12:22 PM
    I had the exact same issues you were talking about and was on my 3rd unit. Finally gave up and got the LG V10 as the Priv didn't seem like it was going to last the length of the new phone contract.
    So you gave up the Priv for a clumsy...lagging...over heating battery draining phone with no pkb and inferior camera.

11-25-15 12:40 PM
    And yes that's a good assumption, they should have just included wireless charging models to all variants... not that i really care for it at all though wireless charging is too slow and doesn't let me charge while the device is in my hands(which it usually is)

Posted via CB10
    Have you had all these issues with your? cracking noise? heat? etc...? i am getting skeptical about the build quality after reading all of this
    11-25-15 12:42 PM
    So you gave up the Priv for a clumsy...lagging...over heating battery draining phone with no pkb and inferior camera.

Kind of says something about how bad the Priv is huh?

11-25-15 12:46 PM
    where'd you get the V10.
    11-25-15 01:17 PM

LOL, don't know about the rest but I have read the V10 has a pretty damn good camera.
    kertong likes this.
    11-25-15 01:27 PM
    Kind of says something about how bad the Priv is huh?

Zing
    11-25-15 01:27 PM
    Good Discussion guys. I really wanted the Priv to be a killer phone but its just not. Its not up to par with the build quality of The Passport and Classic.

My thoughts and feelings have been confirmed by numerous Crackberry users and my favorite device reviewer, Marques Brownlee of MKBHD

As the "phone guy" at my work, I really wanted this phone to be a winner so we could migrate BB10 users to Android and have one less OS to support (android samsung and iOS). Instead this device killed that prospect and we are actually wondering if android is worth the headache and go 100% apple.

BB10 is sweet OS but it lacks apps. android is cool but is too fragmented. too many flavors out there and too many device variables, even if you just look at Samsung devices...

The good thing with apple iOS is that they are all updated to the same OS at the same time and very little changes each with iteration which makes administering and supporting a corporate environment easy.

PS. I have never owned a apple device.
    Last edited by Craiggger3G; 11-25-15 at 01:45 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-25-15 01:28 PM
    All this talk of clicking and cracking back covers. I don't get it. Can someone please record a quick and simple video so we can see/hear what you're talking about?
    11-25-15 01:32 PM
    All this talk of clicking and cracking back covers. I don't get it. Can someone please record a quick and simple video so we can see/hear what you're talking about?
    look at the video I posted above!
    11-25-15 01:55 PM
    And take a chance of breaking it or making something else worse. I would keep returning it until they get it right or give up.
    11-25-15 02:00 PM
    This review is empty since op does not understand the setup process of a phone be it an iPhone, Android, or blackberry 10.

All phones charge slowly or get hot when the phone is performing initial background data syncing.
    Still got your Priv?
    11-25-15 02:11 PM
    I have had my phone over 3 weeks. No creaking, cracking, or loose slider. Heating occurs with sustained use -so did my SE Passport. I have the AT&T version Priv. There is a learning curve on this device but I would not be dissuaded to try it for a few weeks. Widgets allow phone to be tricked out and feel like a Blackberry.

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Build Quality-78012.jpg  
    11-25-15 03:56 PM
    Another screen shot

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Build Quality-66831.jpg  
    11-25-15 03:58 PM
    Just like my Z30

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Build Quality-78014.jpg  
    11-25-15 03:59 PM
    I even have my multi-light and BBOS sound notifications. BlackBerry has a quality device and is working on software. Camera takes excellent pictures

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    ...and yes that is the Porsche clock care of Mecca EL
    11-25-15 04:02 PM
    He just shows the flexing back cover. I've seen that before. I'm looking for a video that showcases the sound that people are claiming it makes. "Clicking and cracking". I just can't imagine a soft touch cover making sounds like that.
    11-27-15 11:20 AM
    I don't understand how the flexing back cover got past the QC department... Did they just ignore it and think people wouldn't notice?

It makes the device seem cheap and not worth its price.
    techvisor and gnirkatto like this.
    11-27-15 12:23 PM
261 ... 56789 ...