Just got mine one week ago.
    [...]
    I returned mine to Bell to have it repaired.
    You had it for one week and they're attempting to repair it? That should have been a straight up swap for a brand new replacement.
    11-17-15 08:36 AM
    I didn't keep the box so they didn't want to give me a new one !!

I don't know how they could repair the creaking noise so hopefully BlackBerry will replace it !

I am very disappointed with the built quality so hopefully it was just bad luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 09:19 AM
    I just want to say that today I exchanged my Priv. This one I got today is a different device.

The first once made a tiny rattling noise when the vibration motor ran, like typing, etc. This one does not.
    The keyboard on this one is much firmer, and feels like the Classic. The first one he keyboard was a little flexible. Was not an issue, but this one definitely feels better.The new one slides a little smoother, but there is a tiny bit of play in the slide, where as the old one had none, likely a wash on this one, but different.

Just interesting the different. Both -3's from Telus.
    11-20-15 10:10 PM
    I just want to say that today I exchanged my Priv. This one I got today is a different device.

The first once made a tiny rattling noise when the vibration motor ran, like typing, etc. This one does not.
    The keyboard on this one is much firmer, and feels like the Classic. The first one he keyboard was a little flexible. Was not an issue, but this one definitely feels better.The new one slides a little smoother, but there is a tiny bit of play in the slide, where as the old one had none, likely a wash on this one, but different.

Just interesting the different. Both -3's from Telus.
    The box has the manufactured date and location on it. What does it say?
    11-20-15 11:01 PM
    The new one Mexico 6. Don't recall what it said on the one i got at launch. Was wondering that too. Wish i would have looked.
    11-20-15 11:25 PM
    Biggest flaw I noticed with mine is the back cover pressing in too easy and the side trim not being secured enough to the phone causing a gap and then the crackle noises due to that..

BlackBerry advised me to exchange it I'm going to go see if Rogers will let me or if they will give me the oh you have to send it too BlackBerry bull

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    11-20-15 11:36 PM
    With all the complains about the build quality recently (and pics), we have to wonder how much those commented on the first page got paid.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-15 11:56 PM
    I've swapped mine over a few times I'm on my third one lol, it still pops at the back but I'm fine with that, the most annoying thing I've found is that when the screen is slid up there is little play at the bottom of the screen left to right really annoying.

I'm waiting for a new batch ten will be swapping it again, all 3 of my privs have been made on the 3rd of November.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 12:45 AM
    You guys who say the build quality is bad must tell me where to get one of these high end Android phones with a physical keyboard. I want to own the Android phone you are comparing the Priv to so that I can have the best. Please tell me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-21-15 02:31 AM
    The new one Mexico 6. Don't recall what it said on the one i got at launch. Was wondering that too. Wish i would have looked.
    There should also be a date. See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tured-1048504/
    11-21-15 01:34 PM
    You guys who say the build quality is bad must tell me where to get one of these high end Android phones with a physical keyboard. I want to own the Android phone you are comparing the Priv to so that I can have the best. Please tell me.
    Either you:
    + give up on the physical keyboard
    or
    + accept that you are going to roll a dice with Priv's build quality
    and/or
    + lower the expectation
    11-21-15 01:46 PM
    Priv Camera was average at best...If you have the PRIV, Enjoy it. It is not an accident that other reviews are citing poor battery life and average camera quality.
    There may be a lot of things wrong with the Priv, but to imply that its camera might be better than the Z30's camera is not even close to being credible. I own the z30. It's a horrible camera compared with what is out on phones today.

BB10 is Dead
    11-21-15 02:40 PM
    surely if Priv sales numbers were impressive, the other makers would be showing off their keyboard models to come already...
    Craiggger3G likes this.
    11-21-15 03:41 PM
    I spent four hours in the att store. Tried every Android phone several times. In my opinion the Priv build quality is on par with other Android handsets. The device I almost chose was the LG V10, didn't because of LG's reputation for slow updates.

I can't speak to how the Priv compares to other BlackBerry slab phones; and as with any product there will be defects. Hopefully the defect numbers are small.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-21-15 05:21 PM
    I'll have to dig out box to find the date. But I noticed right after my last post that the left side of screen clacks when I press it. It is quite noticeable. But I wonder if I hadn't had the previous Priv with the bad speaker if I would have noticed... probably would have because the right side of screen is perfect. It is like it just isn't on the left slide rail tight enough. Shame because keyboard is tight. I am going to exchange it. I feel terrible, because now I am that guy. I have never returned a phone for QA issues, and this will be my 2nd time with this one... this time I am not leaving the store without playing with it.
    11-22-15 09:15 AM
    I'll have to dig out box to find the date. But I noticed right after my last post that the left side of screen clacks when I press it. It is quite noticeable. But I wonder if I hadn't had the previous Priv with the bad speaker if I would have noticed... probably would have because the right side of screen is perfect. It is like it just isn't on the left slide rail tight enough. Shame because keyboard is tight. I am going to exchange it. I feel terrible, because now I am that guy. I have never returned a phone for QA issues, and this will be my 2nd time with this one... this time I am not leaving the store without playing with it.
    I'm not suggesting that you don't exchange your phone, but if you haven't seen this video already it might be worth a shot. I don't know if it's an actual fix or not but, anyway:

11-22-15 11:39 AM
    Where do you find the production date? I exchanged mine yesterday. So don't know what me first model was. But i have 2 boxes here (be got one too) so am curious.. If I'm looking at what i think then my new one is 12/11/15 and bf is 9/11/15 both Mexico 6

Exchanged mine because of how much the back pushed in and was causing the seems to loosen and make the annoying creaks..

So far my new model and the bfs seem to be much better all around. Although now I'm afraid to test how much play the back cover has lol

ahmedhanif911 and Craiggger3G like this.
    11-23-15 07:44 AM
    Where do you find the production date?
    This thread should help: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tured-1048504/
    11-24-15 08:41 AM
    Just wanted to chime in. Just over two weeks on the Priv and it's definitely a sub par build quality. In fact I'd venture to say the worst of any phone I've owned. The screen wobbles(no click though). And the back "cover" presses in and is soft, it creaks and cracks.

11-24-15 09:47 PM
    Just wanted to chime in. Just over two weeks on the Priv and it's definitely a sub par build quality. In fact I'd venture to say the worst of any phone I've owned. The screen wobbles(no click though). And the back "cover" presses in and is soft, it creaks and cracks.

Agreed. I'm trying to like it but it's difficult.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-25-15 12:12 AM

I had the issue with the soft back and the seem creaking and crackling..

I returned it for a new one that was made November 15th and it seems a lot better.. Too afraid to test how soft the back is tho in case I replicate the seem slitting again

ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-25-15 01:32 AM
    I had the issue with the soft back and the seem creaking and crackling..

I returned it for a new one that was made November 15th and it seems a lot better.. Too afraid to test how soft the back is tho in case I replicate the seem slitting again

Mine didn't start off that way. In fact the back was soft and squishy but no noise. Then last night I got my screen protector and applied it and after it was done it was just all sorts of noise. Like I was pressing too hard. Which is just crap if that's the case because I've put on like 20 different screen protectors on 10 or more phones and never had an issue.

11-25-15 04:51 AM
    I finally decided to buy a BlackBerry Priv yesterday and It's the AT&T model and the build quality seems to be excellent. No creaking or popping noises like everyone is talking about.

I have been playing around with the device non stop since I unboxed it yesterday morning. I don't know if the AT&T model has the wireless charging module or not?

So far I am quite pleased with the build quality of the device and I will post my full review after a solid week using the Priv as my daily driver.

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Build Quality-381.jpg  
    paulbbp and gvs1341 like this.
    11-25-15 05:03 AM
    I finally decided to buy a BlackBerry Priv yesterday and It's the AT&T model and the build quality seems to be excellent. No creaking or popping noises like everyone is talking about.

I have been playing around with the device non stop since I unboxed it yesterday morning. I don't know if the AT&T model has the wireless charging module or not?

So far I am quite pleased with the build quality of the device and I will post my full review after a solid week using the Priv as my daily driver.

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Priv
    Mine is the att model. It comes with wireless charging.

Hope yours turns out better than mine. The noises and build quality are not a deal breaker but damn. You'd think for 700 bucks they'd of know this was a possible issue and just put some spacer material in there or standoffs, or even something to help it from what seems like sticking when squished which I think helps create the noise.

techvisor likes this.
    11-25-15 05:34 AM
    I think the models with wireless charging have less squeaking and cracking as the wireless module is under the back cover. The privs without it has the gaps all over the back and is able to be pushed in causing noises.

11-25-15 08:15 AM
261 ... 45678 ...