I don't understand how the flexing back cover got past the QC department... Did they just ignore it and think people wouldn't notice?

It makes the device seem cheap and not worth its price.
    Not getting enough attention at home today?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 12:25 PM
    I have had my phone over 3 weeks. No creaking, cracking, or loose slider. Heating occurs with sustained use -so did my SE Passport. I have the AT&T version Priv. There is a learning curve on this device but I would not be dissuaded to try it for a few weeks. Widgets allow phone to be tricked out and feel like a Blackberry.

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    Love the screenshot.

11-27-15 12:28 PM
    I don't understand how the flexing back cover got past the QC department... Did they just ignore it and think people wouldn't notice?
    It makes the device seem cheap and not worth its price.
    Some people did notice and some people didn't and some people only noticed when it was pointed out to them and a lot of them didn't seem bothered by this. Is pressing the middle back of the phone normal operating procedure? Is there some benefit to this? Normally, I push on the front part because then the phone does stuff. Anyone constantly pressing the back to see how much it bothers them should really give their head a shake.
    cbreze likes this.
    11-27-15 12:46 PM
    So basically if you notice it, you're using it wrong?

The fact that it exists on a phone of this price is ridiculous. It's a defect that should have been fixed in the production line.
    11-27-15 01:01 PM
    Mine clicked and creaked every time I picked it up since the back cover was to big. I returned and am hoping this is fixed in a few months so I can get a Priv with acceptable build quality.

Posted via CB10
    eallan likes this.
    11-27-15 01:22 PM
    So basically if you notice it, you're using it wrong?

The fact that it exists on a phone of this price is ridiculous. It's a defect that should have been fixed in the production line.
    And yet "they" still sold millions of phones....
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=iphon...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

All this proves is that some people will complain about anything.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-27-15 at 02:05 PM.
    11-27-15 01:54 PM
    I will not proceed to purchase a Priv until these defects are resolved & until BlackBerry makes a statement about this... thie latter, I expect, will NEVER happen...
    11-27-15 02:17 PM
    First Priv from Amazon was a creaky, clickety clack back so bad I didn't even boot it up on arrival. Sent it right back an hour after arrival. Just received my 2ND one, this time ordered from Shop BlackBerry, and it is way better. No soft spongy back, no clicks or clacks or creaky annoying sounds or feels when handling. Let's hope it stays that way! Also, all the BB apps were already updated when I activated the device. A beauty! :-)

11-27-15 02:44 PM
    Some people did notice and some people didn't and some people only noticed when it was pointed out to them and a lot of them didn't seem bothered by this. Is pressing the middle back of the phone normal operating procedure? Is there some benefit to this? Normally, I push on the front part because then the phone does stuff. Anyone constantly pressing the back to see how much it bothers them should really give their head a shake.
    It makes this noise on mine literally just from holding the phone and picking it up. I don't have to force it to happen. So if holding my phone is standard operating procedure......then?

11-27-15 02:45 PM
    It makes this noise on mine literally just from holding the phone and picking it up. I don't have to force it to happen. So if holding my phone is standard operating procedure......then?

How about a video?
    11-27-15 02:50 PM
    Lol this turning into a witch hunt. No no Priv is perfect and there is nothing wrong!
    Elephant_Canyon and techvisor like this.
    11-27-15 04:27 PM
    Lol this turning into a witch hunt. No no Priv is perfect and there is nothing wrong!
    There is definitely something subjectively wrong. I suppose it comes down to what you expect form a $700 device. Plenty of other cheaper devices have better build quality.
    11-27-15 04:38 PM
    Still waiting on that video...at the moment we can't even be sure any of you even own a Priv...never mind the so called "creaking."
    11-27-15 04:44 PM
    Still waiting on that video...at the moment we can't even be sure any of you even own a Priv...never mind the so called "creaking."
    Oh come on. BlackBerry themselves or those who claim to work for them, have stated a lot of this is known issues especially the noises.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-27-15 04:59 PM
    Oh come on. BlackBerry themselves or those who claim to work for them, have stated a lot of this is known issues especially the noises.
    I think if someone is going to claim that their phone is squeeking to the point that it makes them return it, then they should at least post a video about it...otherwise why bother announcing it in the forum at all? The fact that there is no video makes this whole thread suspect imo.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-27-15 at 05:30 PM.
    11-27-15 05:14 PM
    10 seconds of Google and you'll find that this is a wide spread problem.

You know how they say...the first step is denial.
    Elephant_Canyon and techvisor like this.
    11-27-15 05:20 PM

The results are all from Crackberry forums.....
    11-27-15 05:26 PM
    The results are all from Crackberry forums.....
    There is more than one page to Google results. https://www.google.ca/search?q=black...m=122&ie=UTF-8

This has been reported in the CB review, the official BlackBerry Support Forums, XDA forums, Android central and various reviews.

It's time for you to accept that some devices have issues and to stop suggesting that members are making this up. If these threads disturb you, then move on to others.
    11-27-15 05:44 PM
    There is more than one page to Google results. https://www.google.ca/search?q=black...m=122&ie=UTF-8

This has been reported in the CB review, the official BlackBerry Support Forums, XDA forums, Android central and various reviews.

It's time for you to accept that some devices have issues and to stop suggesting that members are making this up. If these threads disturb you, then move on to others.
    So can we see a video? How are we supposed to know how much "creaking" we are talking about if there is no video? If somebody claims they got 8 hrs sot then the first thing people request is a screen shot...just sayin.
    11-27-15 05:51 PM
    So can we see a video? How are we supposed to know how much "creaking" we are talking about if there is no video?
    You can search or wait to see if someone posts one. Asking multiple times in multiple threads will achieve nothing.

Your profile suggests that you have a Priv. If yours is fine, great! Please let this go.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-27-15 06:01 PM
    You can search or wait to see if someone posts one. Asking multiple times in multiple threads will achieve nothing.

Your profile suggests that you have a Priv. If yours is fine, great! Please let this go.
    I was only responding to people quoting me. Anyway, yes, for the record, no problems with my Priv whatsover.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-27-15 06:02 PM

I'm on a Oneplus 2 right now, awesome phone, good specs and cameras. 480 CAD vs 900 CAD for Priv.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=onepl...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-27-15 at 09:18 PM.
    11-27-15 08:41 PM
    Wow. You would think BlackBerry would have learned from others but what does one plus have to with the Priv? Sure, same issue but that makes it OK for some Priv's to do the same.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-27-15 09:49 PM
    This is the most premium slider on the market. Period.

11-27-15 10:00 PM
    The only vertical one at present...

HP. Pre3 & Veer were really well built & the webOS very pleasant...

This is the most premium slider on the market. Period.

Last edited by patapoof; 11-28-15 at 12:00 PM.
    11-27-15 10:49 PM
261 ... 678910 ...