Found a thread in Android Central about S7 edge early issues, realize that the initial heat problem is probably a universal thing for Android phones...

Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Anyhow, still undecided.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    bowlerboy450 likes this.
    03-04-16 11:17 PM
    Tough call, to me really boils down to if you value the hub and a physical keyboard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 11:47 PM
    Ask 20 folks here and you will get 20 different opinions. In the end, figure out what features and software interface are important to you and go from there. I will tell you that I personally despise Android but the Priv makes it somewhat pleasant to use. There is still work to be done to make it perfect for me such as controlling the chaos of how files and photos are handled (see my other posts in those subjects). The Passport was by far the most perfect phone for me but access to more apps finally won me over so I have embraced the Priv. I do still have a Passport as I cannot fully give it up. I imagine the camera and battery life is better on the S7 and it is a beautiful phone. Good luck with your final choice.

andy957, Jrox74, bluetroll and 1 others like this.
    03-04-16 11:53 PM
    I got my Priv today. Still setting it up how I like, but LOVING it so far.

Posted via CB10
    bitek and Bay 13 like this.
    03-05-16 12:01 AM
    Tough call, to me really boils down to if you value the hub and a physical keyboard.

Ya... I want the Blackberry features but I'm still on the fence as I don't need a qwerty.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    03-05-16 07:17 AM
    Found a thread in Android Central about S7 edge early issues, realize that the initial heat problem is probably a universal thing for Android phones...

Galaxy S7 Edge - early issues thread - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Anyhow, still undecided.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I was playing with an S7 last week. It was indeed warm.

03-05-16 07:19 AM
    Ya... I want the Blackberry features but I'm still on the fence as I don't need a qwerty.

You could install the Blackberry android apps and hub on the Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 07:38 AM
    The Galaxy launcher looks like a kids kindle... giant icons that r catoonish u really want that??

You can get another launcher but ur adding another layer of lag...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 09:45 AM
    I did the Priv thing, sold it and ordered my 7 Edge. I have a 6 now running Priv apps while I wait for my edge next week. It feels like a BlackBerry with the Priv apps but with better hardware. Love the Priv screen and that's about it. I have never been a fan of the plastic phones to me that's the 90s knocking.

03-05-16 10:06 AM
    I did the Priv thing, sold it and ordered my 7 Edge. I have a 6 now running Priv apps while I wait for my edge next week. It feels like a BlackBerry with the Priv apps but with better hardware. Love the Priv screen and that's about it. I have never been a fan of the plastic phones to me that's the 90s knocking.

How did you load the BB apps?
    03-05-16 12:12 PM
    The files are available on the internet to download and install.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-05-16 03:43 PM
    The Galaxy launcher looks like a kids kindle... giant icons that r catoonish u really want that??

You can get another launcher but ur adding another layer of lag...

Posted via CB10
    No you aren't. Nova launcher flies at my work's S6
    03-05-16 05:41 PM

Priv is glass weave sides and back
    And gorilla glass 4 front. Only plastic is the top edge.

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    Jrox74, Bay 13 and sonicpix like this.
    03-05-16 07:16 PM
    I had an s5 and went to priv due to hate of touch wiz and lag. All Samsungs become so slow as time passes.

Heat is also a big issue with them. Especially s6 with glass back. I assume s7 will be much worse with the more powerful chip.

Hub wont work unless you root. If that matters to you. I rooted my s5 and it crashed a lot and sometimes I'd lose everything just from a restart. Maybe it was a bad kernel

03-05-16 07:20 PM
    Cobalt did some fantastic work making them easily available. Search for the dedicated thread. He even created an app that lets you install them all and get updates when available.

Very easy. I have the BlackBerry apps running on a cheap ($80) android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    Lobwedgephil likes this.
    03-05-16 07:22 PM
    I am totally interested in the PRIV. I went to a Verizon store today about getting a new SIM card for my Classic and the rep was trying to sell me a PRIV. I don't have the money yet but really wanted to break out the credit card. They didn't have any in the store but saw an opportunity to sell it knowledge I was a BlackBerry user. I've used android before and am very familiar with it and know what to expect.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 07:52 PM
    Both beautiful devices, you can't go wrong with either one.

03-05-16 09:37 PM
    S7 in Grey looks nice. I can't stand Samsung display color though.

03-05-16 09:47 PM

You can tone down the saturation in display settings.

Also samsung AMOLED in the S7 can get very dim without making the grey turn purple as seen on many amoled screens
    03-05-16 09:56 PM
    I don't think you'll hate S7 Edge. It has so much to offer plus VR is way more than what BlackBerry can offer in next 10 years. Lol

However there's something about the PRIV that keeps bringing me back to it. It warms up, it gets sluggish, camera may not be the best, I can run the BlackBerry Hub better on my Note 5 but the feedback of PRIV physical keyboard is addictive.

Posted via Note 5 till my PRIV comes back
    03-05-16 10:34 PM

Blackberry priv screen is made by samsung

03-05-16 10:53 PM
    I don't think you'll hate S7 Edge. It has so much to offer plus VR is way more than what BlackBerry can offer in next 10 years. Lol

However there's something about the PRIV that keeps bringing me back to it. It warms up, it gets sluggish, camera may not be the best, I can run the BlackBerry Hub better on my Note 5 but the feedback of PRIV physical keyboard is addictive.

Posted via Note 5 till my PRIV comes back
    Is your note 5 rooted?

03-05-16 10:54 PM
    You do not need root to run bb hub. I've been using bb hub on my moto droid turbo just fine.
    03-06-16 02:35 AM
    Not really full glass weave, it's glass weave glued to plastic and the whole front where the speaker is ,is also plastic. The screen is beautiful and big and I love the curve edges.

03-06-16 02:40 AM

Consider keyboard. I can make prediction. You will get priv , then you will hate keyboard and after a month you will not be able to live without it. That how good priv keyboard is
    03-06-16 05:24 AM
87 123 ...