View Poll Results: Should Crackberry find out why Verizon or BB has not offered Security/MM updates for the Pri

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crackberry should investigate this issue

46 86.79%
  • Crackberry should not investigate this issue

7 13.21%
    Hey Bla1ze, would you be able to share the reason BlackBerry can't simply offer a marshmallow autoloader for the Verizon privs? If Verizon isn't going to offer timely updates for the priv, why doesn't BlackBerry take the initiative to offer an autoloader?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Legal agreements/contracts. The same reason they couldn't do it for BlackBerry 10. The same reason every other manufacturer can't just dump their OS/ROM's for Verizon devices. If it was that easy, no one would ever be complaining about updates on Verizon but the internet is littered with users doing just that, because no one can push their updates out that way without breaking service agreements with Verizon.

I'm going to say this again, and hope people understand. This is NOT just a BlackBerry issue. Everyone who deals with Verizon has these issues with the exception of Apple, because, Apple. Verizon doesn't care when you get updates, they've proven it time and time again. As far as I can tell, this is just Verizon being Verizon.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-07-16 at 10:27 PM.
    Uzi likes this.
    09-07-16 10:05 PM
    #TomorrowPerhaps

09-07-16 10:33 PM
    Ya Verizon people are going to have to boycott somehow, whether that be by going to tmo or at&t. I just hate to see ya guys suffer. Vote with your dollars.

09-08-16 05:56 AM
    Why not do a social media Thunderclap aimed at Verizon. Or better yet, aimed at the twitter account of the CEO of Verizon and the VP's etc. Be nice to blow up their phones with the resounding, "Fix It"! At least Verizon users would be doing something.

Oh, by the way, this isn't my fight. I am on AT&T and I get my updates, but I do feel for you Verizonites. Heck I would switch if Verizon would stop holding back updates.
    09-08-16 06:55 AM
    Posted this on one of the other many Crackberry VZW gripe chats:

Ummm.. I just checked my Playstore (as I usually do 3-4 times a day) and just now the Blackberry HUB + Services came up to update (not just the HUB).
    I updated it and it promptly crashed but restarted itself with no further issue. Reported that to BB.
    Now running version 1.3.1.40524
    Regular HUB version is 1.2.1.10874
    Checked for OS update but still says device is Up To Date

Wonder if something is brewing....

Can others confirm what version HUB + Services they are running?
    09-08-16 06:59 AM
    Posted this on one of the other many Crackberry VZW gripe chats:

Ummm.. I just checked my Playstore (as I usually do 3-4 times a day) and just now the Blackberry HUB + Services came up to update (not just the HUB).
    I updated it and it promptly crashed but restarted itself with no further issue. Reported that to BB.
    Now running version 1.3.1.40524
    Regular HUB version is 1.2.1.10874
    Checked for OS update but still says device is Up To Date

Wonder if something is brewing....

Can others confirm what version HUB + Services they are running?
    Just checked and updated my Hub+ Services to 1.3.1.40524
    I believe that there's another thread that dealt with a beta update on 8/29. Said that this was coming for Lollipop.
    09-08-16 08:17 AM
    I someone (i.e. Derek, Bla1ze) wants to take our struggles with Verizon and make a Crackberry article, I think that would be a good start.
    09-08-16 08:40 AM
    I restarted and got this notification. Problem is, there's no new update available for the Hub Poll: Should Crackberry find out why Verizon or BB has not offered Security/MM updates for the Priv-1473342135449.jpg
    09-08-16 08:42 AM
    I am not getting the message to update the actual HUB for compatibility, but just checked again (told you I check 3-4 times a day) and now the following are showing up as available:

Blackberry Keyboard
    Blackberry Launcher
    Blackberry Password Keeper.

Installing/upgrading them now.

EDIT, Now Blackberry Device Search is available...
    Last edited by zephyr613; 09-08-16 at 09:09 AM.
    09-08-16 08:57 AM
    The deal is Verizon loathes doing updates. Updates cause support calls, and Verizon doesn't want that, so they try to do as little updating as possible. Often they choose to skip an update and wait for the next one. Always they test for longer than anyone else. AT&T is a close second. Hopefully some day you will see the update. I stepped off the Verizon train myself for this and price reasons!
    09-08-16 09:20 AM
    The deal is Verizon loathes doing updates. Updates cause support calls, and Verizon doesn't want that, so they try to do as little updating as possible. Often they choose to skip an update and wait for the next one. Always they test for longer than anyone else. AT&T is a close second. Hopefully some day you will see the update. I stepped off the Verizon train myself for this and price reasons!
    Well, since they apparently only hire idjits to answer the calls, it shouldn't bother them all that much.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-08-16 09:27 AM
    More updates:

Blackberry Calendar
    Contacts by Blackberry
    Notes by Blackberry
    Tasks by Blackberry
    09-08-16 09:28 AM
    I vote YES. BlackBerry should know the answer, and take any necessary steps based on the findings to drive a lawsuit against anyone refusing to support this product, or keeping it from succeeding

HA! I got a Priv
    09-08-16 09:46 AM
    Well, since they apparently only hire idjits to answer the calls, it shouldn't bother them all that much.
    I won't disagree with you there! lol (Actually there ARE a few good ones. At one time CB had a thread in the Verizon sub forum that Verizon employees from their 2nd & 3rd tier support used to volunteer at unofficially, they had disclaimers in their signatures. I was in a BBM group with them, eventually though, Verizon thought better of it and prevented them from doing it, at least during working hours. )
    09-08-16 09:52 AM
    This has been bouncing around my head for quite some time so please hear me out.

What if this whole things boils down to kids in a playground who get upset and want to take their ball and go home. Case in point is the Blackberry Radar System:

IoT-Enabled BlackBerry Radar Will Empower Truck Companies to Cut Theft, Boost Profits | Inside BlackBerry

Which looks eerily similar to what Verizon has already in place:

Networkfleet | Get your free consultation with a fleet industry pro.

http://www.networkfleet.com/

Could it really be this simple?? I mean for months, all we heard about (those of us dealing with IoT) from Blackberry was Radar Radar... then Radio silence about 3-4 months ago - which just so happens to be the time the last Security patch was pushed from VZW to our Blackberry devices.. In fact Blackberry's own webpage about Radar has not been updated since March 31st.

Thoughts??
    09-08-16 09:55 AM
    Many updates. Could thus mean marshmallow update around the corner?? Hopefully so.

09-08-16 10:04 AM
    Many updates. Could thus mean marshmallow update around the corner?? Hopefully so.

No. If BlackBerry is going to take their products to other Android handsets they'll be supporting Lollipop for some time to come.

Jeff Nelson, on behalf of Verizon Wireless, tweeted back in May or so that MM on Priv was "now" undergoing field testing. Clewely tweeted similar around the same time. Our Priv's were not simply next in queue, they were up at bat. Then radio silence. Maybe there is truth to Verizon's claim that they rigorously test, and that it takes 2 - 3 months. If that's the case it might be in its final stage and we will see it by the end of September. Or we might not. In terms of keeping customers happy us Priv owners are low on priority as far as Verizon is concerned. Then again, I don't know why they would've pulled Priv from testing to prioritize something else. I dunno, the Note 7 maybe. Or iPhone 7. Those two would've been on their roadmap, anyways.

Both Verizon and BlackBerry claimed a few months ago that the ball was rolling (MM on Priv in testing on Verizon). Then nothing since aside from conflicting and sometimes asinine responses from Verizon, including they had yet to recieve MM from BlackBerry.

So who knows? At least we now got pinch-to-filter with Hub+.
    09-08-16 11:11 AM
    Crucial bbq - thanks for reminding me to check - apparently today's HUB and HUB+ updates has brought us pinch to filter once again!!
    09-08-16 11:19 AM
68 123