02-10-17 01:20 AM
61 123
tools
    Hey Chen, build me a Passport Slider with a slightly taller screen!
    Chen: "Don't tell me what to do" #badass

BlackBerry isn't known to listen to Crackberry's forum. They read it alright, but they don't listen.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 06:08 AM
    Windowsphone? Bweeekh
    I had 820 830 930..never again.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 07:15 AM
    Well I mainly want the Priv for the physical keyboard but the lumia 950 does look pretty tempting.
    This is me, 100%. I got a Lumia 635 (T-Mo) last year on a lark, because it was cheap and because I thought it would be nice to try Windows Phone 8.1 and because Samsung ruined my Galaxy S3 with an Android update.

Anyway, I'm still on that Lumia. Low end phone to be sure, but does what I really NEED out of life. I haven't found any real pressing reason to spend money and move to something else. And I do like the live tiles; that interface makes SO much more sense than dumb icons and having to pull down a notification menu.

But flagship is calling my name. I was all excited to see the Lumia 950 family; I went to the MS store to play with it, and it looks fantastic. I like the idea of glancing at the phone and it unlocks. I like removable battery and card slot. The screen is fantastic. Finally a flagship Windows phone. So I put myself on the list.

But my wife got a Galaxy S4 (Cricket) a couple of weeks ago, and I had forgotten how nice a flagship Android phone can be (even one that's been discontinued for over a year). And Google Now on that thing is phenomenal--better than Cortana.

Add to this that I loved my old Blackberrys--the ones corporate handed out back in the day, traditional things. Again, they did everything I wanted/needed, and did it WELL. I could fly through the interface, it was clearly built for enterprise, and--primarily--I love and need me a physical keyboard. Android is built for consumers, not enterprise, and it shows. And I hate screen keyboards. But since moving from one corporate world to another, I had no choice. I'm using consumer tools in an enterprise environment, and it's really a shaky house of cards.

I even got a BB Z10 last year to try out. I never gave BB10 the chance it deserves, though; I have the phone, and I play with it now and then, but it's just not my cup of tea. I was waiting, waiting, waiting for 10.3 and BB Link--but this phone will never get that for some reason. It's stuck on 10.2. So be it. Maybe if it had had a physical keyboard, I would have stuck with it.

But now? The world says I can have (a) flagship hardware, (b) BB toolset, (c) full-on Android complete with the handful of customized Play Store tools I used on my Galaxy S3, and (d) a physical keyboard? Really?

Lumia 950 suddenly has a bunch of hurdles to jump before I choose that over Priv. Not saying that won't happen, but the keyboard itself makes me willing to give up other things the competition might offer.

Lumia 950XL will be US$650. If Priv is US$850, I'll still pay it--because that keyboard alone will be worth the money. I mean, if you gave me a flagship Android (or even Windows) phone today and said "for only $200 you can add a keyboard that's just like the BB," I'd probably buy it. That's how much I hate screen keyboards.

So yeah, it's either 950XL or Priv for me next month. One thing that will drive my choice to some degree is T-Mobile wifi calling. In general unlocked phones do not support T-Mobile's wifi calling. Only phones offered by and SIM-locked to T-Mobile have it. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a consideration should one have it and the other one not.
    wyrdfool likes this.
    10-17-15 07:39 AM
    10-22-15 10:30 PM
    I'll go with Lumia 950 XL. No questions ask.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 11:04 PM
    I'm in the market to upgrade my device, the BlackBerry Classic, as the Classic was at best a compromise solution;it was good for getting stuff done on the move but the 2013 ( Q10) specs meant I normally switch to my Lumia 830., great value for the money! I'd much rather have a BB10 device with decent specs , a removable battery and micro SD as well as a great camera but, alas 😔 it's not to be it seems...
    My choice is between the Priv and the Lumia 950 ( XL) . All 3 have similar innards except the liquid cooling on the 950s which might make a difference on performance!
    I love the kb, Hub , BB security and Android apps on the Priv but I'm not a fan of Android, the price or the sealed battery. Plus you have to wonder if the camera is anywhere near as good as the 950's ...
    Cons of the 950s are the prices ( though not so much as the Priv! ) , the tile interface, apps , no physical kb and IEM . OTOH Edge is somewhat better, WP10 promises to be considerably better, Universal apps should help the apps issue considerably, both 950s have removable batteries and storage and those cameras !!!c
    Tough choice but I'm leaning towards the Lumias !
    10-22-15 11:18 PM
    Lumia 950 XL over the Priv for me. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2008 but I'm not going near an android. In the meantime I've got my Q10, Z30 and Passport working just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 09:01 AM
    I wasn't referring to the poll, just the general CrackBerry members considering the switch due to issues with Android as a result of Google.

Posted via CB10
    For my part, I love both. I like the hardware of high ends BlackBerry, I like the security on BB, The hub is good an a few things are unique. But the overall experience of Windows 10 mobile is more than amazing. Once you've customized your home screen, by choosing the apps you to run on or link on you've have all your world on 1 screen. even weather and forecast, agenda, news... Evrything could move and your always be notice of everything you're connected to. This phone act more as a network terminal than all other phone I've tried. The only major con is depend on the lumia you choose the battery lasting is usually average. excepted for the bigger models. An other con is about apps, most of major apps are on the STORE. But many services company did not make app for Windows(ex: bank, city, bus )so you'll haveto link manually their mobile site. The hardware do good but with a lumia phone you''ll find those are more mid range models than BB Passport or Priv. Finally Microsoft was given the continuum connection station for free, sort of a miracast. A BB running Windows mobile 10.. sound just like a dream the best of both world.
    09-15-16 03:00 AM
    You get the Lumia ultra cheap now, but i wouldnt buy it personally.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-16 08:56 AM
    Test
    Pass?
    09-15-16 09:32 PM
    Pass?
    What do you mean ?

I have used a Lumia 830 for over a year.

Pretty good phone overall. As good as Idol 3 nearly Idol 4 performancesH the best in productivity aspect. Even BlackBerry OS still not bad.

Buying a Windows phone today? I would try to get :

-a lumia 950 with the continuum device free in a bundle,

-or a HP X3 Elite.much expensive quite impressive

-or and Idol 4S Pro- windows 10

A passport with windows OS should be in my first two choice, just don't exist yet.
    02-10-17 01:20 AM
61 123