Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    3900 mah battery removeable battery
    Snapdragon 820 (or if being currently realistic 810)
    Improved audio jack, (for audiophiles)
    Stock (or near stock) Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Water proof is a + (don't mind ugly phones as long as pratical
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Did you check the USB-C cables prices lately?

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    10-24-15 04:56 PM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...medium=twitter

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    10-24-15 06:44 PM
    I do not want to come off as hostile but I have a few disagreements with your post.

First, I agree with most except for the snapdragon 820/810 claim. The 820 isn't even out yet, and won't be till 2016, and the 808 performs better than the 810 (no overheating issue)

Second, stock 6.0 just came out, and I am sure you are aware that it will take a few months for OEMs to release. Even the quickest OEMs still take a couple months at least (except Moto, but Moto also stopped supporting a year old phone so moot point).

Third, you do not mention expandable storage. If a phone is 32gb on board, and a 32gb microSD is both removable and upgradable to higher tiers of storage, then wouldn't that make up for requiring 64gb minimum?

Lastly, to me, and most other blackberry or those interested in the Priv, the only premium feature is the PKB. If you want a PKB with flagship specs, you buy this phone. If you want a flagship device, but don't care or its not a necessary feature, then this phone is not even worth looking at. If a phone matched your specs, it wouldn't be the Priv, simply because it wouldn't have a keyboard. I have a note 5, which is "premium" yet I am going to return it and get the Priv. Its literally the only phone I've actually been excited about in a long time.

However, I hope you find a premium phone even though you won't because a phone that fits your specs doesn't exists. If you want a phone thats close tho those then I guess the 6p would fit the bill.
    First I want to say don't worry I'm not offended. I was just setting some ultra really high expectations to be considered "premium" because I have a felling that when the priv does come out reviewers. For me specs aren't everything, but I personally wouldn't mind bigger storage + removable storage. And how it's all doom and gloom and what not. Those specs while unreachable in 2015 might be a little closer to reality in 2016. Problem is I have 0 interest in Android so I will not be getting the priv

My next Smartphone is going to be a modified Nokia N900 called the Neo900. The Z10 can run circles around it because the specs are extremely underpowerd, but it is from a hardware (mostly) and software perspective to be Libre.

Yeah the Audio jack thing was stupid on my part didn't know what I was talking about so I recant that one completely.

Http://www.neo900.org

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:28 PM
    Um... really, 3900mAh?
    Droid Turbo has this battery size but the phone is heavy despite being plastic.
    10-24-15 08:35 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Guess my S6 ain't cuttin' premium by your definition,so what phone has these specs so I can get my premium upgrade boogie on?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-24-15 08:36 PM
    Those specs are possible on a 2016 device, definitely not 2015. I doubt many care about a dedicated DAC with low output impedance for the audio jack so that is going to be a dream spec.

Wireless charging and quick charge is much more important to me than USB C at 2.0 transfer speeds. He did not even list that he wants USB 3.1 with USB C connector since these days it's all USB 2.0
    10-24-15 08:42 PM
    First I want to say don't worry I'm not offended. I was just setting some ultra really high expectations to be considered "premium" because I have a felling that when the priv does come out reviewers. For me specs aren't everything, but I personally wouldn't mind bigger storage + removable storage. And how it's all doom and gloom and what not. Those specs while unreachable in 2015 might be a little closer to reality in 2016. Problem is I have 0 interest in Android so I will not be getting the priv

My next Smartphone is going to be a modified Nokia N900 called the Neo900. The Z10 can run circles around it because the specs are extremely underpowerd, but it is from a hardware (mostly) and software perspective to be Libre.

Yeah the Audio jack thing was stupid on my part didn't know what I was talking about so I recant that one completely.

Posted via CB10
    You should probably buy 2. Don't waste your time paying them with PayPal, send wire transfer like they prefer. Better yet, send cash......

Posted via CB10
    ViceroyPete likes this.
    10-24-15 08:44 PM
    You should probably buy 2. Don't waste your time paying them with PayPal, send wire transfer like they prefer. Better yet, send cash......

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if insultive or compliment, going to assume it was a complement.

And yes I already did wire transfer my pre order.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:00 PM
    Those specs are possible on a 2016 device, definitely not 2015. I doubt many care about a dedicated DAC with low output impedance for the audio jack so that is going to be a dream spec.

Wireless charging and quick charge is much more important to me than USB C at 2.0 transfer speeds. He did not even list that he wants USB 3.1 with USB C connector since these days it's all USB 2.0
    True, you got me there. Personally I don't transfer that much and I already assume quick charge is a standerd feature (most likley wrong). But about not being specific at what version yeah...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:02 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    This would make all Samsung phones sub par because they do not run stock Android or see waterproof. Yet they are priced more than blackberry

Blackberry has unique features : physical keyboard, hub, it's own great virtual keyboard , hardware security etc etc etc. I was hoping for less than $799CAN but this price is fair for priv in my opinion. I am just wondering about quality of photos.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:15 PM
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...medium=twitter

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    Priv will be sold through carriers so this article is full of crap.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:16 PM
    The Priv is not your average consumer phone. As John Chen has indicated, the Priv is for business and enterprise customers who either use or are interested in BES, and high end consumers.
    This is the same statement Chen's been saying for classic and passport and it bombed in the market!!! So better face the reality that there are tough times ahead if pricing and marketing is not right for BlackBerry.
    ViceroyPete likes this.
    10-24-15 09:42 PM
    Not sure if insultive or compliment, going to assume it was a complement.

And yes I already did wire transfer my pre order.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. It wasn't a compliment. I'm saying it appears to be a huge scam. Next time mail cash, it's a lot cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 10:16 PM
    I'm fine with the Snapdragon 808 processor. The 810 is used in an LG phone that had serious overheating issues. The Nexus 6X has an 810 and I've been reading posts on Android forums complaining about the phones overheating. The Microsoft Lumia 950XL will have the 810 processor. Do a google search to find out about the liquid cooling system that Microsoft had to install in that phone. It seems that there is an overheating issue that no one's coming right out and admitting to. Given the problems with the 810, the 808 is the best of what's available right now. It's good enough for the LG G4 which doesn't seem to lag at all, so it should probably be good enough for the Priv (and be considered 'premium' by today's standards).
    pantlesspenguin and kbz1960 like this.
    10-24-15 10:20 PM
    Are you sure people have the 6P already? I've only read the 808 got kinda warm on the 5X. 810 is definitely not worth the trouble to get additional cooling for.
    10-24-15 10:30 PM
    The botched "launch" of the Priv along with the ridiculous price only proves one thing...BlackBerry is setting themselves up to exit the hardware market.
    10-24-15 10:35 PM
    They aren't marketing to anyone, they still haven't figured out marketing.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    LOL
    10-24-15 10:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you say specs isn't everything but your ideal device has top of the line everything?.....

Where the imaginary door? I'm walking out of this thread. Later.
    10-24-15 10:48 PM
    The botched "launch" of the Priv along with the ridiculous price only proves one thing...BlackBerry is setting themselves up to exit the hardware market.
    Most of the time you do not see launches apple style. There might be a lot promo material next month both online and in the store

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:01 AM

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    This is in Spanish.....

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:03 AM
    I am a "high end user"... but at the same time I am not a shmuck either. I will not walk out having buyers remorse feeling stupid because I overpaid for a device with good to ok specs but definitely not premium specs.

Sorry...blackberry... i shall enjoy reading about you in the obituary section in the coming months!
    I don't think you are a high-end user. Have you ever bought a phone or a tablet over CDN$900 dollars before? Because if you have, you will have no issues with price for Priv. My iPad Air 2 cost over CDN$1K with taxes.
    10-25-15 08:34 AM
    Those "premium" specs that someone posted would not cost 599. 4gb of RAM? Snap 820? Blah Blah Blah

Might as well get a hybrid laptop.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:40 AM

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    This guy is just looking for clicks. Has he bought the new Apple phones or tablets yet? If he has, how can he justify that?
    10-25-15 08:52 AM
    $699 USD is a great price...

$899 CAD... not a great price, add tax and you're paying the same amount as an iPhone.

I blame the horrible dollar right now in the exchange rates.
    10-25-15 09:20 AM
    $699 USD is a great price...

$899 CAD... not a great price, add tax and you're paying the same amount as an iPhone.

I blame the horrible dollar right now in the exchange rates.
    I agree that exchange rate right now isn't the greatest. But is the iPhone tax exempt? I don't understand what you meant.
    10-25-15 09:24 AM
56 123