PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-23-15 06:53 PM
    The Priv is not your average consumer phone. As John Chen has indicated, the Priv is for business and enterprise customers who either use or are interested in BES, and high end consumers.
    10-23-15 10:24 PM
    I am a "high end user"... but at the same time I am not a shmuck either. I will not walk out having buyers remorse feeling stupid because I overpaid for a device with good to ok specs but definitely not premium specs.

Sorry...blackberry... i shall enjoy reading about you in the obituary section in the coming months!
    10-23-15 10:55 PM
    How much is the "high end" iPhone with 64 GB of memory?

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-23-15 11:00 PM
    It is steep. I have no way of getting one other than direct. Plus have an additional $300 on import duties.
    jdesignz likes this.
    10-23-15 11:01 PM
    And BlackBerry is not marketing the Priv to high end consumers who are simply concerned about specs.
    10-23-15 11:12 PM
    And BlackBerry is not marketing the Priv to high end consumers who are simply concerned about specs.
    People that want more specs for the buck will buy the OnePlus 2. Then they end up with a device that isn't any faster (it's slower than a LG G4 for example that has the 808 and 3GB of ram), but has a subpar display, no NFC, no sdcard slot etc... Well, nothing outstanding other than nice numbers on the specsheet at the store.
    10-24-15 05:45 AM
    Like with anything you can't please everyone, and if you are not happy with the price then the Priv is not for you.

I paid �529.99 when the passport was released and now the Priv is �559.00 not too much of a difference. (also that includes 20% VAT which you reclaim if it's for your business anyway so it turns out to be �465.83 is not bad at all)

I'll get a free upgrade with Vodafone for an iPhone 6 and sell it on ebay to cover the costs so I'm not worried about the price at all

It's a big step forward for BlackBerry and im positive the sales of the Priv will be higher than any of the BB10 devices.

"I roll with 2 passports, 1 for travelling and 1 for communicating"
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-24-15 06:06 AM
    It's a great looking phone no doubt...and I would love to pick one up, but I have a hard time dropping $700 right away on their first Android device. I can't imagine the average consumer picking it up if they don't know anything about it, and we know the average consumer is the majority. Also, Android loses its resale value fairly quick. That is even true for Samsung devices. I sometimes BlackBerry thinks they are invincible or something lol. I will eventually get one, and I'm really hoping they will market once it starts to hit carriers...maybe people will choose the payment options through carrier when upgrading or 2 year method.
    Nonocrack likes this.
    10-24-15 07:08 AM
    I mean it IS a little ridiculous blackberry wants to sell the phone for so much but won't have a launch event to tell everyone how good the phone is.

They can't say they are targeting high end users when they have done literally 0 marketing to target... ANYONE.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 07:50 AM
    The funny thing is, that if BlackBerry is truly targeting a business buyer, then my small business is what they should want. However, I'm on Verizon and as of now, no word. My business has only a handful of employees, and we're all using Z10 and Q10 devices, all getting long in the tooth, so we have budgeted for new phones for January 2016, though a few phones may need to be replaced before then, since they are truly failing, hardware-wise. If we need to buy before January, I'll have to go in another direction, probably Nexus, since we're not leaving Verizon. Just ridiculous that BlackBerry is saying nothing, with no timelines, about carrier availability. Shame.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-24-15 08:41 AM
    Doesn't explain what the "other features " are to compare. Last I checked NONE of the other androids have PKB or the HUB. Don't bother clicking on this clown

Z10
    10-24-15 09:04 AM
    I am a "high end user"... but at the same time I am not a shmuck either. I will not walk out having buyers remorse feeling stupid because I overpaid for a device with good to ok specs but definitely not premium specs.

Sorry...blackberry... i shall enjoy reading about you in the obituary section in the coming months!
    May I ask what attracted you to the Priv in the first place?
    10-24-15 10:01 AM
    Crazy price? Microsoft tried that with the sub $200 W8 phones...and where did that get them? Last I checked, the flagship w10 phones (lumina XL) costs similar ($50 isn't a big deal), run windows so they have lack of apps... yet no one bats an eye. BB releases the first flagship phone with a hardware keyboard in like 3 years, prices it so, and everyone loses their minds.

Ive posted this a million times before; your average consumer 1) doesn't care about price, they see LG, sony, samsung, BB all the same 2) they buy whatever phone the carrier rep tells them to. When the Q10 came out, and I went to AT&T to buy it, I asked the carrier rep how it was going. He told me that there is a lot of interest for a hardware keyboard (across all age groups too), but lack of apps on BB10 was why he couldnt recommend it. Iately I have had friends who no nothing about phones ask me (I'm the "phone guy") about the Priv...3) everything costs the same...an iPhone, s6, note 5, g4, priv, etc...all cost around the same at carriers, well AT&T at least. 4) not many people buy phones outright...id say 80-90% of people buy through carrier stores on contract or some sort of finance plan

The Priv doesn't need to be priced cheap to be successful. It needs to be a good phone and people will buy just for the keyboard alone. 5 million a year is a drop in the bucket in terms of sales and I believe that if its on all 4 carriers in the US then they must believe its worth it as well.
    10-24-15 12:23 PM
    I was (and still am) excited about the blackberry and android mix. It covers my needs for all the apps i need (android) and blsvkberry excellent hardware +security (its android so even blackberry's fork wount be as secure)

But the price for the added benefit makes no sense... I am perfectly capable/afford paying the amount... but I refuse to pay into something that doesnt really bring 5he premium specs along with the premium price.
    10-24-15 12:29 PM
    Whats your definition of "premium" ?
    10-24-15 12:30 PM
    They aren't marketing to anyone, they still haven't figured out marketing.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    Nonocrack likes this.
    10-24-15 12:56 PM
    Whats your definition of "premium" ?
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    3900 mah battery removeable battery
    Snapdragon 820 (or if being currently realistic 810)
    Improved audio jack, (for audiophiles)
    Stock (or near stock) Android 6.0 Marshmallow
    Water proof is a + (don't mind ugly phones as long as pratical
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:26 PM
    Problem is if Blackberry should have released this 6-10 months ago then yeah this would have been a premium phone. Now it's "last year's specs". Which at least in my friends book is cinsiderd mid specs.

I'm just hopping the security is good, but it's already compromised because Google. This is why next phone is going to. Be amotherboard upgrade to the Nokia N900.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:31 PM
    Obituary section is to inform and never meant to be enjoyed.

Posted via CB10
    anon4226395 likes this.
    10-24-15 01:32 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    I do not want to come off as hostile but I have a few disagreements with your post.

First, I agree with most except for the snapdragon 820/810 claim. The 820 isn't even out yet, and won't be till 2016, and the 808 performs better than the 810 (no overheating issue)

Second, stock 6.0 just came out, and I am sure you are aware that it will take a few months for OEMs to release. Even the quickest OEMs still take a couple months at least (except Moto, but Moto also stopped supporting a year old phone so moot point).

Third, you do not mention expandable storage. If a phone is 32gb on board, and a 32gb microSD is both removable and upgradable to higher tiers of storage, then wouldn't that make up for requiring 64gb minimum?

Lastly, to me, and most other blackberry or those interested in the Priv, the only premium feature is the PKB. If you want a PKB with flagship specs, you buy this phone. If you want a flagship device, but dont care or its not a necessary feature, then this phone is not even worth looking at. If a phone matched your specs, it wouldn't be the Priv, simply because it wouldnt have a keyboard. I have a note 5, which is "premium" yet I am going to return it and get the Priv. Its literally the only phone I've actually been excited about in a long time.

However, I hope you find a premium phone even though you won't because a phone that fits your specs doesn't exists. If you want a phone thats close tho those then I guess the 6p would fit the bill.
    10-24-15 03:29 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Um... really, 3900mAh?
    10-24-15 03:36 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    There are a few problems with your "premium" phone...
    -Snapdragon 820... doesn't exist yet...
    -"improved audio jack"... what does that even mean? do you mean improved DAC?
    -USB-C... cool until you want to charge your phone and neither of your friends has a charger to help you out because you forgot to charge your phone... wait 1 or 2 years until it becomes mainstream
    -3900mah battery would make the device heavier and thicker, wich normaly is NOT what premium means. You can get a droid turbo with 3900mah, but that's far from premium.
    -64gb storage is almost standard with non-expandable storage this days, hardly premium... Budget phones like OnePlus have 64gb.

If we take your definition of "premium" phone seriously, there is simply NO premium phone on the market, all phones are mid-range at best, wich shows how flawed your idea is.
    10-24-15 03:49 PM
    The Priv is not your average consumer phone. As John Chen has indicated, the Priv is for business and enterprise customers who either use or are interested in BES, and high end consumers.
    If BlackBerry was only targeting enterprise and the business minded buyer, considering how their BlackBerry 10 devices sold, isn't 5 Million devices a year a gross overstatement? The truth is they need mainstream consumers and at a price equivalent or higher to the established competition what's going to make people switch over? A physical keyboard? Eventually the BlackBerry Experience Suite will be open to other android devices, and I'm sure DTEK will find its way over too.

I'm not bashing the Priv, hell I want to get one as soon as I can, but reality sucks and BlackBerry hasn't realized this yet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tufcustomer; 10-24-15 at 04:40 PM.
    10-24-15 04:04 PM
    Usb-C
    4gb ram
    5mp front facing camera
    64gb storage minimum.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao.... can you even name one device with these specs?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 04:10 PM
56 123