Do you not understand what a knock off copy is??
    "An unauthorized cheap copy or imitation", isn't it ?
    So my points : 1/only a lame imitation = won't sell 2/they'll be sued for that.

(But I might be lost in translation: pls remember English is not my native language. Never mind we're 100% OT anyways )
    09-30-15 10:27 AM
    I just want to see OP go up to BlackBerry's headquarters and give his whole life savings to BlackBerry since he's literally telling people to take out loans to give to BlackBerry smh

Posted via CB10
    He might as well. Actions speak louder than words OP. I think it's time you paid BlackBerry back for the years of good experience they've given you.

Remember money comes and goes so nothing to lose yes?

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 and Rello like this.
    09-30-15 10:49 AM
    I just want to see OP go up to BlackBerry's headquarters and give his whole life savings to BlackBerry since he's literally telling people to take out loans to give to BlackBerry smh

Posted via CB10
    And he seems positive that others will follow, being that BB provides us with life experiences that no other can. I mean, no disrespect, a business is a business. It is only logical that they provide us a product, which we have the option to buy, not obligated. I hope the best for BB, but I do not feel I owe them my soul.
    Rello likes this.
    09-30-15 10:51 AM
    "An unauthorized cheap copy or imitation", isn't it ?
    So my points : 1/only a lame imitation = won't sell 2/they'll be sued for that.

(But I might be lost in translation: pls remember English is not my native language. Never mind we're 100% OT anyways )
    I think we're both agreeing on it, but we got lost in translation!

I agree it would be a lame imitation, and I'm sure BlackBerry would sue them.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-30-15 10:55 AM
    I would pay even double if it meant keeping BlackBerry afloat even if the pricing wasn't completely justified. I know many like myself would follow suit a 100% but BlackBerry is simply scared to take the risk. Think about the uproar it would cause in the mobile industry. THINK ABOUT ALL THAT FREE ADVERTISING! When are you guys going to wake up?

You guys seriously disappoint me constantly with your remarks on here. How can you be so cheap when BlackBerry needs you the most? What's $1500 to most of you? You all probably spend thousands of dollars every month on coffee alone.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    Yes sure!! I am going to shell out a ridiculous amount to help a Corporation, whose only purpose is to create value for its shareholders, (they cannot even do that since the stock is in the toilet). If you want to help...help someone in need not a stupid corporation
    09-30-15 12:58 PM
    I did read.
    They can mimick it bout they can't copy it.
    Low quality KB are simply useless.
    why would anyone attempt to copy something that no one want? have you checked the last quarterly sale number? 800k phones in 3 months...why don't you check what the other fruit company sold in just few days...lol? people want all touch..period!!
    09-30-15 01:08 PM
    why would anyone attempt to copy something that no one want? have you checked the last quarterly sale number? 800k phones in 3 months...why don't you check what the other fruit company sold in just few days...lol? people want all touch..period!!
    They do not want all touch. Not all of them anyway.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-30-15 03:38 PM
    Attachment 373647

I'm surprised that someone actually liked your post OP lol

I almost spat my water all over the screen.
    Aww, did you take that pound kitty home?
    09-30-15 04:20 PM
    I think this thread is done lol
    09-30-15 04:28 PM
    Bla1ze commented on the thread already...
    09-30-15 04:53 PM
    If the Priv was priced at 2000 someone could definitely sell a knock off to plenty of people.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:38 PM
    I love my physical keyboards but not to the point where I'd spend 1500 on a Priv. I spent almost 900 bucks on the note 4when it first came out, not proud of it but hey that phone is great (especially with the gear vr headset).

Anyway.. If be willing to pay 900 for the Priv.. I wouldn't be happy about it but.. I'm a sucka for love I mean physical keyboards.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-01-15 12:28 AM
    Would really love to have this scenario happen. This way only serious people make the purchase and post well informed reviews with zero biases. And if it sells for a decent number of units given that pricing, blackberry's profit margins stop the bleeding completely. Also having that pricing creates a certain type of mystique. Something to the level of 'why is this device so pricey? I definitely need to get my hands on it'. A win/win for everyone in my opinion.

Please price it north of 00-00...-facebook-20150930-011444.png
    kbz1960, Rello and astrodan13 like this.
    10-01-15 12:59 AM
    Many ppl here cry out about drowning, but how many successful companies out there do you know that actually develop and build both software and hardware today and doing it by there very own and special way ? I know only 1: Apple. The others ? Most of them are just get a ready OS from Google and concentrate on building a hardware to run it. That's all. Microsoft Mobile OS with its HW are dying out, I do not know any one who is using it nowadays. An unfortunate extinction process resembles to what is going on with BB, sadly but in the last 5 years we clearly saw that too many ppl do not care about security as long as it costs money, otherwise every 1 in the world would be using only BB devices, because BB security is the best we ever knew. So the choice I see BB must focus on software OR hardware, but not developing both of them, because if one tries to develop HW and SW simultaneously it doubles the price and doubles the time, so BB can't compete with Samsung and etc companies because Samsung does minimal software development, it only adopts complimentary open Android OS. And I believe not many would be delighted to buy outdated device with prehistoric HW and limited software for a double price, except for the fans ( like bohemian users of Apple community cause they do share a same vision, and hey, I'm not saying that it is a bad idea ) and those who ain't understand what are they actually buying. It is why I'm happy to hear about Android OS on BB devices. Focusing on solely HW development should lower the price, rather than soar it up.
    10-01-15 02:44 AM
    LOL
    Im sure this whole thread is just a big trolling attempt that almost everyone fell for
    JeepBB, JRF_1986 and dmlis like this.
    10-01-15 02:59 AM
    A win only for companies like xiaomi and huawei. they will first laugh at BlackBerry and then copy the damn design and make millions off it.

Posted via CB10
    There is truth spoken in these words

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 05:30 AM
    Would really love to have this scenario happen. This way only serious people make the purchase and post well informed reviews with zero biases. And if it sells for a decent number of units given that pricing, blackberry's profit margins stop the bleeding completely. Also having that pricing creates a certain type of mystique. Something to the level of 'why is this device so pricey? I definitely need to get my hands on it'. A win/win for everyone in my opinion.
    The Priv has to be competitive with other models with similar specs. People aren't just going to throw money away for a keyboard alone. The only mystique would be -- why would I spend $1500 on a BlackBerry. I think iPhones go for less unlocked.
    10-01-15 03:10 PM
    The Priv has to be competitive with other models with similar specs. People aren't just going to throw money away for a keyboard alone. The only mystique would be -- why would I spend $1500 on a BlackBerry. I think iPhones go for less unlocked.
    16 Gig 6 Plus was like 750 or 800. This dude wants to double that. Crazy Talk.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-01-15 06:23 PM
    Okay for those who care I will give some updates.

I notified blackberry's sales team through email and also provided my cell number for a call back to fully explain my stance. I did all this not expecting anything really but low and behold I got an actual call from a BlackBerry Sales rep this past Friday at about 11am EST. We had long discussions back and forth on why I felt a $1500-$2000 range was pretty much justified. I even referenced analytical data and proof of reference from really overpriced laptop brands like Alienware which sold healthy numbers at ridiculous price points.

Unfortunately the sales REP STILL found my price range to be unreasonable after presenting all these research points. I insisted I speak with John Chen or schedule a future call appointment if he wasn't immediately available and that still fell on deaf ears. I am still going to keep trying for a more competent rep when I'm less busy this coming week and fill you guys in on my progress.

dmlis likes this.
    10-04-15 02:39 PM
    Wow that's amazing you got an answer!

I'd like to speak to them about the goddamn name.

The at the end of the conversation I'll slip in that I hope they price it well above 2000 USD!

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-04-15 03:07 PM
    I will pay no more than USD 200 for an unlock with no contract for a Priv and that would be after some deep consideration. It would be attractive if it is USD 150 if it is unlocked & free from contract.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 03:20 PM
    I will pay no more than USD 200 for an unlock with no contract for a Priv and that would be after some deep consideration. It would be attractive if it is USD 150 if it is unlocked & free from contract.

Posted via CB10
    I can't get a Z30 for 150 and it's over 2 years old.
    BlackBerry doesn't know how to get devices into new hands. At the 2 year mark they need to give you the phone for free.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-04-15 03:24 PM
    Chen just called me back. He said due to this post, he's thinking more on the line of $10,000.00 USD. He said "if you can't afford it, then go get a different phone. " he also confirmed it will cook me dinner, fetch my beers and yes! Mow my lawn. I'm so psyched! I'm scheduled to harvest a kidney and my left lung in order to get this unparalleled device! It should be the best phone ever made!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-04-15 06:00 PM
    Chen just called me back. He said due to this post, he's thinking more on the line of $10,000.00 USD. He said "if you can't afford it, then go get a different phone. " he also confirmed it will cook me dinner, fetch my beers and yes! Mow my lawn. I'm so psyched! I'm scheduled to harvest a kidney and my left lung in order to get this unparalleled device! It should be the best phone ever made!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Oh good. I'll pay 10k for this phone. I'll probably be the only one in my area smart enough to buy one.. People will be so jealous of me. s/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-05-15 01:59 AM
    Oh good. I'll pay 10k for this phone. I'll probably be the only one in my area smart enough to buy one.. People will be so jealous of me. s/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Lol! On a serious note, if it's over $800, I'm really going to have to wait and see the hands on and actually touch it myself. That may be my breaking point. At least we have a sense of humor!

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-05-15 05:10 AM
126 ... 3456