I'm not quite sure this would be the best option for BlackBerry. The Porche Design phones were about that price and I don't think those sold enough. There is nothing this phone could offer to make it worth $1500. If it had high class materials like those other phones (PD, Vertu) then that would be a whole different audience. BlackBerry needs to compete in the mainstream consumer world, along with Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc. As someone mentioned, the most expensive iPhone model is just under $1000. I doubt people would pay more than that for this. They could probably come out with a 128 GB model and charge around that amount, but not their base model.
    09-29-15 05:04 PM
    Blackberry has provided you with timeless experiences when you kept using their devices over the years and this is how you repay them? These experiences cannot even be measured on a monetary scale so in a sense BlackBerry has paid your so called bills ten fold but naturally you guys will always come up with counter arguments to justify your stance.

I believe $1500-$2000 isn't much for BlackBerry's target audience. If the iPhone cost even remotely as much? Yea. They'd sell through the roof regardless because of their hardcore fanbase. A fanbase that I thought existed on Crackberry but you guys proved me wrong.

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    Please price it north of 00-00...-ce65cfxukae4t9x.jpg

lol is this real??? Am I the only one reading this lol??? They've paid my bills ten fold??? Ummmmm, NO. Bruh I got student loans I will send BlackBerry right now. Real life bills, and they most certainly aren't going to pay those for me lol. I use a BB because its what I know and i like the experience, but lets be real...these are just phones. They all do the same thing just in different ways.

Once again not trying to disrespect you but you sound like one of those people who thought BB sales would surpass iphones in the same year BB10 came out. You really think people are going to purchase this device at $2000 and they can't even get people to buy other devices of theirs at $300 and under??? serious question...I dont know why you believe anyone owes this company.
    Last edited by Rello; 09-29-15 at 06:13 PM.
    09-29-15 05:06 PM

The 128GB iPhone 6s Plus, Apple's most expensive phone, costs US$949, unlocked and direct from Apple. BlackBerry can't charge 50 to 100 percent more than the darling of the industry, and to think otherwise is utterly delusional - not only is brand perception in the toilet, but there is no objective way to argue that you're getting 50 to 100 percent more phone.
    sad that this needs explaining
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    09-29-15 05:08 PM
    Cult culture
    kbz1960 and LazyEvul like this.
    09-29-15 05:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	373721

lol is this real??? Am I the only one reading this lol??? They've paid my bills ten fold??? Ummmmm, NO. Bruh I got student loans I will send BlackBerry right now. Real life bills, and they most certainly aren't going to pay those for me lol. I use a BB because its what I know and i like the experience, but lets be real...these are just phones. They all do the same thing just in different ways.

Once again not trying to disrespect you but you sound like one of those people who thought BB sales would surpass iphones in the same year BB10 came out. You really think people are going to purchase this device at $2000 and they can't even get people to buy other devices of theirs at $300 and under??? serious question...I dont know why you believe anyone owes this company.
    If you can take out loans for college then you can do the same by investing with BlackBerry. You really have no excuses. BlackBerry has given you the best smartphone experience for years and this is the least you could honestly do to repay them back.

Money doesn't follow you to your death bed and neither does debt. Might as well put it towards a good cause while staying alive don't you think? I am really considering forwarding this topic to the BlackBerry sales team but it might not really get the impact I want unless people like Kevin or Blaize help me out.

09-29-15 06:30 PM
    Parody prior post pricing priv... perhaps
    I for one appreciate any attempts at alliteration.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 06:32 PM
    If you can take out loans for college then you can do the same by investing with BlackBerry. You really have no excuses. BlackBerry has given you the best smartphone experience for years and this is the least you could honestly do to repay them back.
    Did you just seriously compare an education loan to taking out a loan for an overpriced smartphone? Good God.
    09-29-15 07:09 PM
    Don't worry, BlackBerry are the kings of over pricing...well actually Apple beat them there too.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:25 PM

Money doesn't follow you to your death bed and neither does debt. Might as well put it towards a good cause while staying alive don't you think? I am really considering forwarding this topic to the BlackBerry sales team but it might not really get the impact I want unless people like Kevin or Blaize help me out.

Whack is all I have to say.
    LazyEvul and Rello like this.
    09-29-15 07:32 PM
    haha $1500 or iphones for the whole family... what a difficult choice it will be for everyone.
    kbz1960 and theboogeyman like this.
    09-29-15 08:03 PM
    Well done Usman! Well done indeed!

I am serious about the Passport SE and have to save up to buy it so any higher would be borderline offputting. I would much rather buy a $300-400 BlackBerry and pay $10-20 per month to subscribe to BBM / BES / BIS / B(IOT)ech.
    Uzi likes this.
    09-29-15 08:20 PM

Lmao don't no one need an excuse for this man. Plain and simple this idea is ludicrous. Just trying to be real with u. Even in this thread, where is your evidence that plenty of people will follow this path of paying so much for a device???

I mean, u seriously just essentially told me that I wasted my education and instead should've invested that money in BlackBerry because they deserve it and I along with others owe then something.

And u think Kevin or Blaze are gonna agree with this. Matter fact, if either one of these dudes come in this thread and support your idea, I will personally call sallie mae and request the largest loan I can get just so I can apply it to the multi-billion dollar corporation they call BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 09-29-15 at 08:53 PM.
    kbz1960 and JRF_1986 like this.
    09-29-15 08:24 PM
    Did you just seriously compare an education loan to taking out a loan for an overpriced smartphone? Good God.
    I would say I've seen it all but I have a feeling more is coming lol

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, LazyEvul and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-29-15 08:24 PM
    A dummy crap piece of plastic that broke in weeks, nowhere close to BlackBerry efficiency and reliability.
    Add a litigation that killed the enterprise (is it ? not sure).
    Sure we have a lot of candidates lining up.
    Go ahead ! Cash is welcome, anytime (that's the message Chen sent via Typo but also with all the mentions of IP licensing)
    I never once said or implied it was a good copy.

It was said that IF blackberry priced it so high, there would be low cost knock offs.

Then it was said that the low cost knock offs wouldn't have a keyboard.

I mentioned it was possible to copy Blackberry's keyboard, as it had already been done before, the companies that would make a knock off blackberry priv, are the same ones that made knock offs of other blackberries that we've seen on here.

Companies can make knock off iphones, they can make knock off blackberries as well.

Clearly you and the other poster who quoted me didn't read what I was replying to, it's not tough to follow.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:41 PM
    The only way I'd pay $1500 or more for the slider would be if it cooked me dinner and fetched me beers. Oh, and mowed my lawn. I will not spend that much money on ANY phone. Period.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    kbz1960, LazyEvul and MC_A_DOT like this.
    09-29-15 08:49 PM
    You can't be serious OP. BlackBerry needs all the sales they can get. Pricing it out at Porsche Design prices would guarantee that they don't sell and have over stock.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you have to think logically.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-29-15 09:37 PM

No one should take a loan for something they can get as equally good (or better) returns for much cheaper.

Don't take loans to go to college to get a... dance/art/liberal arts 'degree',.. most likely you will get better returns from some sort of apprenticeship (or, if you need $50,000/year to 'learn' how to have talent... then reconsider).

Don't take loans for a car you could get the same level of comfort, performance, etc for less.

DEFINITELY do not take loans for consumer electronics, unless it's the only computer in your household.

And anyone considering taking a loan to buy a $1500 untested BlackBerry device running an operating system that can be had in perfectly acceptable devices for $200-300,.. is honestly, very misguided.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul and JRF_1986 like this.
    09-29-15 10:50 PM
    I had this entire response written out, but after reading through the forum just nvm.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:31 AM
    I never once said or implied it was a good copy.

It was said that IF blackberry priced it so high, there would be low cost knock offs.

Then it was said that the low cost knock offs wouldn't have a keyboard.

I mentioned it was possible to copy Blackberry's keyboard, as it had already been done before, the companies that would make a knock off blackberry priv, are the same ones that made knock offs of other blackberries that we've seen on here.

Companies can make knock off iphones, they can make knock off blackberries as well.

Clearly you and the other poster who quoted me didn't read what I was replying to, it's not tough to follow.

Posted via CB10
    I did read.
    They can mimick it bout they can't copy it.
    Low quality KB are simply useless.
    09-30-15 02:44 AM
    Silly......
    09-30-15 03:51 AM
    I find it more entertaining that the implication is anyone "owes" BlackBerry anything.

Sure, I love my PKB but if I determine that I don't like the overall device or another OS offers more of what I need - I don't ~owe~ them my loyalty. That's something they have to continue to earn.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    09-30-15 06:56 AM
    Guys, just take out a mortgage. Here in Canada, RBC is offering BlackBerry Priv Mortgage at low rate of 46%.
    09-30-15 07:42 AM
    I did read.
    They can mimick it bout they can't copy it.
    Low quality KB are simply useless.
    Do you not understand what a knock off copy is??

Also, let's not forget how well Blackberry has done with keyboards lately... the one on the Q10 is bellow standard BlackBerry quality.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:59 AM
    I had this entire response written out, but after reading through the forum just nvm.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I mean I honestly can't believe someone would compare getting an education loan with providing charity for a business.
    09-30-15 09:45 AM
    Me too. I mean I honestly can't believe someone would compare getting an education loan with providing charity for a business.
    I just want to see OP go up to BlackBerry's headquarters and give his whole life savings to BlackBerry since he's literally telling people to take out loans to give to BlackBerry smh

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 10:14 AM
126 ... 23456