I'm a little surprised by all these responses. I thought you guys were true crackberry users. You are all talking like the general population so this is extremely disappointing. If John Chen can't rely on us to buy at this price point then surely BlackBerry is doomed to fail?

 вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    You may probably want to refer to the Porsche Design units ? Or gold platted Q10 ? (keep it mind they also cost wayyyy more to produce, not even sure they give a dime more margin to BlackBerry).
    Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're smokin', but please share !
    diegonei likes this.
    09-29-15 07:48 AM
    The OP do have valid point:. there are high price for the good design, such as this: Would You Pay $22,000 for a Perfect Espresso Shot? - Bloomberg Business
    You do need to have following: (1) stand out industry design - unique, un-mistakenly brand name, the leather backing for example (2) functional superior performance - handset, such as unique software (key functions that cover the needs with fun for example,-Louis Moinet "Meteroris" for watch... or intuitive interface and speed (extra Dram helps a lot) (3) limited supply (limited edition for example that target to specific group).- not easy to be copied by your competitor or not easy to be cheaply copied by your "contractor".- not the red ed for developer that can be cheaply copied by outfitted with external casing. (4) priced right based on the willingness to pay value to enter the "elite" that in need of such a unit. (5) it would be a long road (good design normally not rushed) for change the landscape, but doable for one or two good design priced right units if done properly. my 2 cents.
    09-29-15 08:03 AM
    Attachment 373575

What do you see this monk holding in his hand?
    I am sure WE don't pray enough! He prays all day!! (okay, most of the day when he's not looking to his "smartest" smartphone)
    And what's the result??

BlackBerry needs us!!

(LOL)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.

That has nothing to do with the price of eggs in Montana. If you must pray for them......pray for guidance, because based on some of their decisions in years past, history- especially BlackBerries' tends to be repetitive.

BTW, this is me with a list helping others by buying/donating supplies for families that lost "everything" in a Floods in San Marcos TX - including loved ones.

As a Christian, I'd rather pray for them.
    kbz1960, TGR1, Al moon and 1 others like this.
    09-29-15 08:27 AM
    Would really love to have this scenario happen. This way only serious people make the purchase and post well informed reviews with zero biases. And if it sells for a decent number of units given that pricing, blackberry's profit margins stop the bleeding completely. Also having that pricing creates a certain type of mystique. Something to the level of 'why is this device so pricey? I definitely need to get my hands on it'. A win/win for everyone in my opinion.
    Please price it north of 00-00...-272soill_400x400.jpeg
    JRF_1986, utsav01 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-29-15 08:55 AM
    "WE"/"Crackberrians"/"loyal fans" are not the targeted population in this action!

The company needs more costomers. The loyal AND some more! With the Android OS running on the device, there would be more costomers attracted to the hardware.
    OMG I'm not the only one that noticed!
    09-29-15 08:59 AM
    I would have such a ridiculous expectation if I paid that price.

And guaranteed it would fall short. Not to say it won't be a great phone but there needs to be VALUE.
    09-29-15 08:59 AM
    Good luck copying the keyboard.
    Typo already did that...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:03 AM
    Typo already did that...
    And it worked SOOOOO well for them!

Lame attempt at sly is lame.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-29-15 10:20 AM
    And it worked SOOOOO well for them!

Lame attempt at sly is lame.
    It was still copied...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 10:47 AM
    Sure OP. I'll take several if you're buying. While you're at it I think you need to buy them for everyone. That's reasonable, right?
    09-29-15 11:05 AM
    lmao....man.....people always amaze me on this site. I mean, people for real be serious about these ideas lol. I been on this site for like 8 years and i still can't believe it. If you believe anyone (in their right mind) would pay 2000+ for this device, you need NOT ever run a business. No disrespect lol
    TGR1, kbz1960, utsav01 and 1 others like this.
    09-29-15 12:33 PM
    Lmao. You're joking right?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 12:42 PM
    your opinion is silly like school boys playing johnny on the pony sillyPlease price it north of 00-00...-2477.jpg
    09-29-15 01:11 PM
    This thread is hilarious haha

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 01:16 PM
    It was still copied...
    Posted via CB10
    A dummy crap piece of plastic that broke in weeks, nowhere close to BlackBerry efficiency and reliability.
    Add a litigation that killed the enterprise (is it ? not sure).
    Sure we have a lot of candidates lining up.
    Go ahead ! Cash is welcome, anytime (that's the message Chen sent via Typo but also with all the mentions of IP licensing)
    09-29-15 01:40 PM
    lmao....man.....people always amaze me on this site. I mean, people for real be serious about these ideas lol. I been on this site for like 8 years and i still can't believe it. If you believe anyone (in their right mind) would pay 2000+ for this device, you need NOT ever run a business. No disrespect lol
    I would pay even double if it meant keeping BlackBerry afloat even if the pricing wasn't completely justified. I know many like myself would follow suit a 100% but BlackBerry is simply scared to take the risk. Think about the uproar it would cause in the mobile industry. THINK ABOUT ALL THAT FREE ADVERTISING! When are you guys going to wake up?

You guys seriously disappoint me constantly with your remarks on here. How can you be so cheap when BlackBerry needs you the most? What's $1500 to most of you? You all probably spend thousands of dollars every month on coffee alone.

anon4226395 and dmlis like this.
    09-29-15 02:07 PM
    How can you be so cheap when BlackBerry needs you the most?
    Well, Blackberry gave my friend a nice fat FU when they fired him, so what goes around comes around. If they need me to stay afloat, they better have lube
    09-29-15 02:36 PM
    I would pay even double if it meant keeping BlackBerry afloat even if the pricing wasn't completely justified. I know many like myself would follow suit a 100% but BlackBerry is simply scared to take the risk. Think about the uproar it would cause in the mobile industry. THINK ABOUT ALL THAT FREE ADVERTISING! When are you guys going to wake up?

You guys seriously disappoint me constantly with your remarks on here. How can you be so cheap when BlackBerry needs you the most? What's $1500 to most of you? You all probably spend thousands of dollars every month on coffee alone.

Wow. This thread, like the OP's posts, just keep getting weirder. I've read some pretty wonky suggestions in marketing products in my career, but thankfully none have made this suggestion.

If BlackBerry fails it's on them, not because we didn't pay enough for our phones.

Posted via CB10
    theboogeyman likes this.
    09-29-15 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry is a corporation, not my mother. I'm not going to hand insane amounts of money to them just because they've failed to run an effective business.

Oh, and if you spend $50 a day on coffee, you are long overdue for an intervention.
    09-29-15 02:43 PM

The worth of my Car+ PC+ 4 Phones+ Net book + TV+ HI-FI + a month's wages and I might be able to afford one lol

Please price it north of 00-00...-10929035_782912105118660_4507758496868910130_n.jpg

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    sirius27 likes this.
    09-29-15 02:55 PM

So let me get this correct, you are basically admitting to only wanting to pay $4,000 for a device as a means of "keeping BlackBerry afloat"??? Hey, I'm not gonna judge you. Do what makes you happy but you certainly don't need say people are cheap because they don't follow what many would consider a ridiculous idea. The day BlackBerry pays one of my bills, mayb we can talk about me having their back...at the end of the day, this is not a charity. I'm not spending 2000 of my hard earned money on a device that should be priced at around 500-600

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 09-29-15 at 04:04 PM.
    JRF_1986, kbz1960 and tufcustomer like this.
    09-29-15 02:56 PM
    Cult culture
    09-29-15 03:13 PM
    So let me get this correct, you are basically admitting to only wanting to pay $4,000 for a device as a means of "keeping BlackBerry afloat"??? Hey, I'm not gonna judge you. Do what makes you happy but you certainly don't need say people are cheap because they don't follow what many would consider a ridiculous idea. The day BlackBerry pays one of my bills, mayb we can talk about me having their back...at the end of the day, this is not a charity. I'm not spending 2000 of my hard earned money on a device that should be priced at around 500-600

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has provided you with timeless experiences when you kept using their devices over the years and this is how you repay them? These experiences cannot even be measured on a monetary scale so in a sense BlackBerry has paid your so called bills ten fold but naturally you guys will always come up with counter arguments to justify your stance.

I believe $1500-$2000 isn't much for BlackBerry's target audience. If the iPhone cost even remotely as much? Yea. They'd sell through the roof regardless because of their hardcore fanbase. A fanbase that I thought existed on Crackberry but you guys proved me wrong.

09-29-15 04:13 PM
    I understand what the OP is saying. Unfortunately the 90s are over. High priced premiums slapped on this and that were great for business. BB could for sure bring it : ) but we need the snow ball to happen first. Hopefully for most of us in the near future in more ways than one. Two examples. Harley Davidson- Chrysler PT cruiser etc etc. Turning BB into a cult following would be cool. HD makes around 200k bikes a year. and Dodge is making the Hellcat that is crazy cool and expensive. I think i would pick the new super vette though.
    09-29-15 04:19 PM
    Blackberry has provided you with timeless experiences when you kept using their devices over the years and this is how you repay them? These experiences cannot even be measured on a monetary scale so in a sense BlackBerry has paid your so called bills ten fold but naturally you guys will always come up with counter arguments to justify your stance.
    BlackBerry charged most of us for those "experiences" to begin with. It's not like BlackBerry has just been handing out free devices to everyone these past several years.

Also, I would hardly classify email, phone calls, and Twitter under "timeless experiences." My BlackBerrys have been valuable tools, but the reality is that I could have gotten by with any other smartphone - a few things wouldn't fit my workflow quite as well, but modern smartphones are all capable of more or less the same tasks.

Hell, I have gotten by with Android, iOS, and even Windows Phone as daily drivers in the past. There were things I didn't like, but they certainly didn't feel $1000 worse.

I believe $1500-$2000 isn't much for BlackBerry's target audience. If the iPhone cost even remotely as much? Yea. They'd sell through the roof regardless because of their hardcore fanbase. A fanbase that I thought existed on Crackberry but you guys proved me wrong.
    The 128GB iPhone 6s Plus, Apple's most expensive phone, costs US$949, unlocked and direct from Apple. BlackBerry can't charge 50 to 100 percent more than the darling of the industry, and to think otherwise is utterly delusional - not only is brand perception in the toilet, but there is no objective way to argue that you're getting 50 to 100 percent more phone.
    JRF_1986, Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    09-29-15 04:35 PM
126 12345 ...