I was on my Priv earlier and all of a sudden I got conitnual messages saying that Blackberry Launcher crashed. I'd hit "okay" and then it'd pop up again. It did this repeatedly for maybe about half a minute or so. When I finally had an opportunity to do something on it I thought it'd be a good idea to reboot the machine.

Bad idea.

When it rebooted, the rotating triangle/square/circle icon started cycling as it always does... but it's now been about 4-5 hours and it hasn't stopped. Pressing on the power button does nothing, and it literally hasn't stopped. My thought now is that I can only wait for the battery to die (surprised it hasn't dies yet) and then try again and hope it works.

I should also point out the phone heats up A LOT. Just merely unlocking the phone and opening up the message hub will cause it to start to heat up and within minutes the warning that the phone is hot and is trying to cool down.

I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to phones and have been a big fan of the Priv but I'm trying to tell myself time to get a new phone.

I should also point out I have another Priv but don't use it anymore because it continually reboots itself within minuets of being turned on.

Any help is appreciated.
    07-05-19 06:34 PM
    Bootlooping has been a known issue w/ the 808, tho it's more common on some other handsets. Although that in itself might be due to the higher sales volumes of those other phones. When this happened to my Priv it was not something I was able to fix. If I got any amount of charge in the phone, it would continually restart. I forget exactly when this occurred (I can look into photos for specific time stamps) but I replaced that one w/ another Priv, which has now lasted longer than that original. 2019 is proving to be the true EOL year for my Priv for a whole host of other issues, unfortunately.
    07-06-19 12:05 AM
    Do you have an sd-card in there? Maybe you"re lucky and just the card is corrupted.
    07-06-19 12:11 AM
    Do you have an sd-card in there? Maybe you"re lucky and just the card is corrupted.
    Yes I do have a SD card. So take it out, turn it on again and hope for the best?
    07-06-19 12:15 AM
    That was the idea, yes.
    If it's formatted as internal, the phone will not forget this cards encryption key until you put a different one in.
    07-06-19 12:46 AM
    Sounds like power switch problem mine did same . cleaned switch as advised . Easy operation only partially accessed case.
    Priv never missed a beat since.
    see post on Priv stuck in boot loop.
    I actually got a new one . but sold it and am still very happy with original.
    Last edited by liddonfew; 07-06-19 at 01:44 AM.
    07-06-19 01:01 AM
    Hey, when my Priv is Bootlooping I just hold the Powerbutton about 40 Seconds or so. Within this Time it will start to boot up normal, not a problem. Regards, Frank.
    07-08-19 03:36 AM
    I just hold the Powerbutton about 40 Seconds or so.
    Very lucky. I tried holding mine until I began losing grip, I forget if it was over or under 10 min, but I tried to press it for-ev-er and it still didn't work for me.
    07-08-19 04:36 PM
    Download an autoloader...and try to reinstall the system
    07-08-19 04:57 PM