I have been a BlackBerry fanatic like most of us here since 2009.

From the very first 8120 to 8130 to 9105 to 9780 to 9900 to Z10 to Z30 and now to the BlackBerry Priv, it has been a tremendous and totally brilliant journey.

Of all the phones I mentioned above, I can proudly state that the 9900 was simply exquisite because of its design and the keyboard - though the battery was a disaster.

And the BlackBerry Z30 is my favorite smartphone even today. It is the ideal piece of hardware which had the perfect size, OS and battery life. It was the very first after the 9780 phone where I did not have to worry about using it as per my requirement in the fear of the battery running out. It is also the only phone in the history of mobile phone in my tenure as a consumer, to have stayed with me for more than 1 year - 2 to be precise.

And then came the BlackBerry Priv.

I cannot tell you guys how brilliant it was - to get my hands on the Priv. From the sliding design to that totally outstanding 2K screen to the amazing OS as optimized by BlackBerry, the phone was fantastic to hold, look at and use.

But then, came the Android bugs.

Now I am not a heavy app installer. I only have the basics - WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram and a few others which are used on a requirement basis only.

Even with the limited use, the Priv lasts me a measly 6 hours. And as much as the battery, the heating is just off the hook. It burns up as and when it feels like.

I tried to keep up with the Priv, but ultimately, I disappoints me that I am being forced to wave goodbye to a brand which stands for nothing but greatness all around.

For a very long time, I never tried Android and stuck to BlackBerry 10 even with the lack of apps - reasoning that there will always be public transportation available. But a fateful day - when I was far from the main road, and it was 1:30 AM, I sorely missed the apps on my BlackBerry 10.

Before making the jump to the Priv, I had made a deal with a CrackBerry user for a Red BlackBerry Passport. He had shipped it, but it never ever arrived.

This was in May, 2016.

Last night, I began comparing the phones I was genuinely interested in - Sony Xperia XZ, Google Pixel and the iPhone 7 Plus.

And the answer was clear. While the XZ was my choice for its looks, the iPhone won hands down when everything like - battery life, speed of the OS and the aftermarket accessories, was put in to consideration.

I always used a BlackBerry for multiple factors: it is rare, one cannot navigate it easily, the one efficient physical keyboard, integration with everything imaginable and of course - the brilliant upgrade of Messages on BlackBerry OS to the BlackBerry Hub on BlackBerry 10. After purchasing the BlackBerry Z30, I had stopped carrying my laptop on business trips. Such was it's greatness.

While I will never truly leave BlackBerry 10 - using my Z30 and also hoping to purchase a Red BlackBerry Passport sometime during the lifetime, I have no other option but to move on to iOS - purely due to their integration of software, hardware and battery life.

BlackBerry will always remain close to my heart.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-14-17 02:51 AM
    And you've discounted the key1 because .... ?
    03-14-17 02:56 AM
    I have discounted the KEYone because for the price we will be paying - up to $549, the hardware is dated. Completely.

Yes, it is efficient and guarantees battery life and the keyboard is expensive to put in a smartphone. But for that hardware, it is too much money.

03-14-17 03:11 AM
    I have discounted the KEYone because for the price we will be paying - up to $549, the hardware is dated. Completely.

Yes, it is efficient and guarantees battery life and the keyboard is expensive to put in a smartphone. But for that hardware, it is too much money.

Tosh, i think you've made your mind up to change brands, and so you've found reasons to support your change.

If you want a change, then you want a change. That's all there is to it.
    Mirko935 and Wezard like this.
    03-14-17 03:45 AM
    Tosh, i think you've made your mind up to change brands, and so you've found reasons to support your change.

If you want a change, then you want a change. That's all there is to it.
    It's like this:

When BlackBerry OS had bugs, those were worth tackling for because the handset and the OS was unique and totally in control.

With Android, the bugs we face are simple bugs which BlackBerry is unable to iron out.

LG G6 has a Snapdragon 821 and yet, can go on for an entire day with just a 3300 mah battery. While the Priv dies out within half a day with a bigger 3410 mah battery.

How much more delay in basic updates and overall OS updates?

03-14-17 03:49 AM
    I have been a BlackBerry fanatic like most of us here since 2009.

From the very first 8120 to 8130 to 9105 to 9780 to 9900 to Z10 to Z30 and now to the BlackBerry Priv, it has been a tremendous and totally brilliant journey.

Of all the phones I mentioned above, I can proudly state that the 9900 was simply exquisite because of its design and the keyboard - though the battery was a disaster.

And the BlackBerry Z30 is my favorite smartphone even today. It is the ideal piece of hardware which had the perfect size, OS and battery life. It was the very first after the 9780 phone where I did not have to worry about using it as per my requirement in the fear of the battery running out. It is also the only phone in the history of mobile phone in my tenure as a consumer, to have stayed with me for more than 1 year - 2 to be precise.

And then came the BlackBerry Priv.

I cannot tell you guys how brilliant it was - to get my hands on the Priv. From the sliding design to that totally outstanding 2K screen to the amazing OS as optimized by BlackBerry, the phone was fantastic to hold, look at and use.

But then, came the Android bugs.

Now I am not a heavy app installer. I only have the basics - WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram and a few others which are used on a requirement basis only.

Even with the limited use, the Priv lasts me a measly 6 hours. And as much as the battery, the heating is just off the hook. It burns up as and when it feels like.

I tried to keep up with the Priv, but ultimately, I disappoints me that I am being forced to wave goodbye to a brand which stands for nothing but greatness all around.

For a very long time, I never tried Android and stuck to BlackBerry 10 even with the lack of apps - reasoning that there will always be public transportation available. But a fateful day - when I was far from the main road, and it was 1:30 AM, I sorely missed the apps on my BlackBerry 10.

Before making the jump to the Priv, I had made a deal with a CrackBerry user for a Red BlackBerry Passport. He had shipped it, but it never ever arrived.

This was in May, 2016.

Last night, I began comparing the phones I was genuinely interested in - Sony Xperia XZ, Google Pixel and the iPhone 7 Plus.

And the answer was clear. While the XZ was my choice for its looks, the iPhone won hands down when everything like - battery life, speed of the OS and the aftermarket accessories, was put in to consideration.

I always used a BlackBerry for multiple factors: it is rare, one cannot navigate it easily, the one efficient physical keyboard, integration with everything imaginable and of course - the brilliant upgrade of Messages on BlackBerry OS to the BlackBerry Hub on BlackBerry 10. After purchasing the BlackBerry Z30, I had stopped carrying my laptop on business trips. Such was it's greatness.

While I will never truly leave BlackBerry 10 - using my Z30 and also hoping to purchase a Red BlackBerry Passport sometime during the lifetime, I have no other option but to move on to iOS - purely due to their integration of software, hardware and battery life.

BlackBerry will always remain close to my heart.

I would agree with all your points, right now am using Passport, my dad used Priv for 8months and I sold it and got Edge7 , he too was facing the same problem with priv but now he seems enjoying his edge. Samsung is also a better choice if you are looking for android or else ios is better.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 04:05 AM
    You probably have some app or something that is heating your phone up and wasting your battery.

In my experience, that is, my wife's, compared to the regular iPhone 6 (not Plus), Priv last much much longer, even with the huge battery hog that is her company's new MDM app. The iPhone Plus does have a better battery life than the small one, but it shouldn't be a huge step up from the Priv. S7 Edge should be quite a bit better than either and is according to many reviews, yet phonearena's battery benchmark says that it lasts exactly as long as the Priv, so who knows.
    Btw, you say KEYone's hardware is dated for the price and you're buying a 900 $ phone with a 5.5" 1080p LCD.

You do seem set on your decision so good luck! I hope your new phone will serve you well.
    03-14-17 04:51 AM
    Never understood why people feel they have to announce that they are leaving or switching.
    Just ask @BigBadWulf ...if I posted an announcement every time I switched devices I'd have like double the post count.
    It's not like we're going to beg and plead for you to stay and offer to buy you a new device just so you'll grace us with your presence. If you want to try something else, go for it. You're an adult. You can make those decisions.

Oh and next time post in one of these threads instead of starting a new one

/blackberry-priv-f440/returning-your-priv-post-here-dont-start-thread-1046723/

/general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/switching-blackberry-another-device-say-your-goodbyes-here-please-dont-start-new-thread-260887/
    anon(3641385) and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-14-17 05:22 AM
    Never understood why people feel they have to announce that they are leaving or switching.
    Just ask @BigBadWulf ...if I posted an announcement every time I switched devices I'd have like double the post count.
    It's not like we're going to beg and plead for you to stay and offer to buy you a new device just so you'll grace us with your presence. If you want to try something else, go for it. You're an adult. You can make those decisions.

Oh and next time post in one of these threads instead of starting a new one

/blackberry-priv-f440/returning-your-priv-post-here-dont-start-thread-1046723/

/general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/switching-blackberry-another-device-say-your-goodbyes-here-please-dont-start-new-thread-260887/
    Yes, i also wonder about the motivation behind starting a thread of this nature.

The decision the OP has made is irrelevant to anyone but themselves, unless they're just wanting to stir stuff up ....
    john_v and Mirko935 like this.
    03-14-17 06:18 AM
    BlackBerry
    If you truly loved me, you wouldn't have written a dear John letter.
    anon(3641385), john_v and Mirko935 like this.
    03-14-17 07:20 AM