Anyway the title says it all...I noticed that switching between the virtual keyboard and the physical keyboard in mid sentence does not disable the scrolling...thus rendering the pkb unusable. You can test it out on the forum when posting. I have to tap outside of the text box and then tap back in to get it to work properly. Can somebody confirm they have the same issue?

Step 1. Start typing a post using the vkb.
    Step 2. Slide out the pkb and resume typing.
    Step 3. See if you can scroll with the keyboard while typing.

thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 03:14 PM.
    11-14-15 03:43 PM
    Anybody able to test this?

thanks
    11-14-15 05:47 PM
    Anybody able to test this?

thanks
    I am trying it now. Worked fine for me unless I am missing something. Typed first few words on vkb, then slide out pkb and kept typing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 05:55 PM
    I am trying it now. Worked fine for me unless I am missing something. Typed first few words on vkb, then slide out pkb and kept typing.

That's right...so Is the keyboard in scroll mode while you resume typing on the pkb?
    11-14-15 06:15 PM
    Hey I'm trying it now it works fine for me!

11-14-15 06:44 PM

So you can't get the pkb to scroll while the cursor is blinking?

Step 1. Start typing a post using the vkb.
    Step 2. Slide out the pkb and resume typing.
    Step 3. See if you can scroll with the keyboard while typing.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-14-15 at 07:03 PM.
    11-14-15 06:52 PM
    I've never, ever had a situation in my slider career where there would even remotely be a need to do this. Not for any reason. Why? Oh gawd why!?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:33 AM
    1) slide open the pkb
    2) type stuff
    3) why close it mid way through? I can't control myself, must close pkb mid way through, wow
    4) dafuq am I doing?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:34 AM
    1) slide open the pkb
    2) type stuff
    3) why close it mid way through? I can't control myself, must close pkb mid way through, wow
    4) dafuq am I doing?

Posted via CB10
    That's not what I said. Start typing with the VKB then open the slider and resume typing with the PKB. I actually just did it while typing this post...and it started scrolling all over the place.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 09:30 AM.
    11-15-15 02:26 AM

So by working fine you mean you can scroll? Scrolling should be disabled when on the pkb once you have begun typing...otherwise it causes the screen to scroll around.

Can somebody else confirm if this happens on their device?

Try this
    Reply to this post starting with the vkb and type: The quick brown fox
    Now switch to the pkb and resume typing: jumps over the lazy dog

Try to scroll the screen with the pkb while resuming typing.
    Does it scroll?
    11-15-15 09:25 AM

Try this

Does it scroll?
    11-15-15 03:12 PM
    So by working fine you mean you can scroll? Scrolling should be disabled when on the pkb once you have begun typing...otherwise it causes the screen to scroll around.

Try this

Does it scroll?
    Just tried it, it works fine tap the screen while the PKb oil out and it will scroll..
    11-15-15 04:22 PM
    I am typing this post on the pkb. The tracking feature of the pkb has disabled. This is good.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 04:58 PM.
    11-15-15 04:43 PM
    I am typing this post on the vkb and am now switching to the pkb and resuming to type. The tracking feature of the pkb has not disabled. This is bad.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 04:58 PM.
    11-15-15 04:47 PM
    I am typing this post on the vkb and am now switching to the pkb and trying to type. The scrolling is not disabled. This is bad.
    Interesting test sequence. I'd be willing to bet it is one BlackBerry's test engineers missed.

Probably the physical keyboard disabling is triggered by some event condition that doesn't get branched through again if you've already started typing with the virtual kb.

Something like,

On text area focus, disable physical keyboard scroll.

On keyboard slide out, enable physical keyboard scroll.

But what if you slide out the keyboard AFTER the text area focus event (i.e. After you've already started typing with the vkb)?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 04:58 PM
    Interesting test sequence. I'd be willing to bet it is one BlackBerry's test engineers missed.

Probably the physical keyboard disabling is triggered by some event condition that doesn't get branched through again if you've already started typing with the virtual kb.

Something like,

On text area focus, disable physical keyboard scroll.

On keyboard slide out, enable physical keyboard scroll.

But what if you slide out the keyboard AFTER the text area focus event (i.e. After you've already started typing with the vkb)?

Posted via CB10
    Finally somebody got it!

If you start with the vkb and change to pkb it will happen...if you start with the pkb and then switch to the vkb to maybe add in a symbol or something and then go back to the pkb it will happen. It basically happens anytime you are in vkb mode and then switch to the pkb while in the same textbox. I was surprised nobody had mentioned it...which made me think it was a glitch with my device.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 05:18 PM.
    11-15-15 05:02 PM
    I just found something interesting.. Start typing on the VKB then Switch to PKB.. If you want to scroll try double tapping the PKB.. And the word scroll will appear.. I hope this helps..
    11-15-15 08:06 PM
    I just found something interesting.. Start typing on the VKB then Switch to PKB.. If you want to scroll try double tapping the PKB.. And the word scroll will appear.. I hope this helps..
    I couldn't get that to work...but the problem isn't that it doesn't scroll...the problem is that it scrolls when it shouldn't be scrolling.
    11-15-15 11:30 PM
    I just tried this in Chrome and it wouldn't scroll the page after switching from VKB to PKB... What apps were you having the issue in?

11-15-15 11:46 PM
    I just tried this in Chrome and it wouldn't scroll the page after switching from VKB to PKB... What apps were you having the issue in?

It happens when posting here or typing a Google search...anywhere there is a cursor. I'm using Chrome too.
    11-16-15 12:01 AM
    Apparently this issue has been fixed by BB...at least it no longer happens when I try to replicate it.

Thanks!
    11-17-15 10:50 AM