Clearing cache on what, the keyboard?? Will try that, thanks.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    And data too.
    12-16-15 02:00 PM
    I had a hard time flicking with my passport but with the Priv it's easy just tiny flick of two rows.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 02:11 PM
    Are your latest observations after getting the BlackBerry Keyboard updated to 1.1.0.3942?

Outside of text input, does scrolling with the touch keypad work reliably both up and down?

I can't think of any obvious reason that flicking predictions would stop completely while swipes to delete words (or swipes down to cycle symbol pages) would continue to work. As long as you flick up covering enough distance with a high enough velocity it should detect a swipe up. If you've got 3 predictions listed, one of them should be selected. You can consider the keypad to be divided into three columns of equal width for the purposes of this gesture; swipe up far enough and fast enough in the left third of the keypad and you should get the leftmost prediction.

Some people have observed in this thread that a light touch seems to be required, as well as starting from the bottom of the keypad. This is explained by one very significant way in which a swipe up is different from a swipe down, left or right: your thumb may be hitting the bottom of the display before lifting. This causes rapid deceleration, and can result in the gesture failing to register sufficient velocity.

On the Passport there's no such barrier to hit with a swipe up, so the tuning is a little different.

The latest keyboard update does include some tweaks specifically to address this, so it should be easier to get flick predictions working even if you do strike the bottom of the display. However, you'll probably still find it's most reliable to use a light touch starting near the bottom of the keypad, lifting before "hitting the wall".

That said, going from working reliably after a factory reset to not working at all all of a sudden is not really explained by any of the above. I'm mulling this over...

You could try clearing BlackBerry Keyboard data as a less destructive measure than a factory reset (Settings -> Apps -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> CLEAR DATA), although:
    • You'll have to re-apply any non-default settings changes for the keyboard which you might have made (i.e. turning off vibration feedback)
    • Your learned words will be cleared, so predictions will seem a little less personal for a while as it relearns from your typing. If you've recently done a factory reset this may make little difference.

There really isn't anything cached there that should impact swipes in one direction only, but it's at least a relatively cheap test.

Note that having one thumb resting on the keypad shouldn't prevent another digit from being able to carry out a swipe gesture.

Regards,
    Mark (BlackBerry Keyboard development)
    Wow....thank you so much for the awesome reply.
    I have tried everything, except somehow I accidently switched keyboards and it was operator error.....

I did however have to do the factory reset to get it working in the first place. All other gestures worked, except the flick...
    Again, thank you !!

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    12-16-15 02:22 PM
    The update fixed this for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 03:33 PM
29 12