I really enjoy the Priv pbk but have had issues for the last few weeks. I'm not sure if it's an apk problem or if it's hardware.

When I type I typically keep my fingers in contact with the keys traveling from one key to the other and experiencing excellent accuracy. This has been for the last 10 months. But since the apk update allowed us to customize the layout of our symbol keys a few weeks ago, gestures are being recognized by the keyboard in an all too sensitive way. Moving up is triggering the word suggestions, down bringing up the Custom symbol keys, left deleting words. Sometimes I take my thumbs away and the cursor and the keyboard keeps acting up. Yes, these are the gestures that trigger these actions but they are getting triggered much too easily and weren't previously when travelling. It's making normal everyday use a painful experience. I'm finding myself having to review what I type more than I do with the vkb. That's the whole reason to use a PKB in the first place. Give up a little movement speed to more than make up for it through accuracy.

Has anyone else experienced this sensitivity? Not knowing if I should patiently wait for a keyboard apk update or if I need to get the keyboard looked at?
    10-23-16 01:17 AM
    What carrier and OS version are you running? I'm on a VZW Priv that's obviously still on Lollipop, and I haven't experienced the issue you describe, and I use my pkb for probably 90% of my typing and gestures.

I'm sure others will weigh in on this but I would think if it was other than a rare problem I would have seen other complaints about it. But then again, I can't say I've read every post in the last few months either.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    10-23-16 02:24 AM
    What carrier and OS version are you running?
    I'm using Telus and bought it through ShopBB (100-1). My OS build is AAG853.
    10-23-16 02:53 AM
    I'm using Telus and bought it through ShopBB (100-1). My OS build is AAG853.
    With that build /firmware version I assume you're on MM/6.1 and you are also GSM . If it's OS or latest firmware update related I can't base my phone on your issue. I have read of some minor issues and settings being defaulted with that update but am in the dark myself. I hope someone chimes in with some information for you.

Have you tried a restart or hard reset since the update? If not I would try that first.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    10-23-16 03:44 PM
    I have. Did the 32 second hard reset (3 cycles) and no luck. I appreciate you trying to help.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? You're input would be great.
    10-24-16 02:31 AM
    Figured it out. The ultra sensitivity is there only when I use the customized layout for symbol keys. This is new and only introduced 2 or 3 updates ago. I guess they don't have the sensitivity fine tuned yet like when no alterations to the keys are done.

It's not a huge issue turning this back off. Means I have to stroke down twice now to get the pull down keyboard that I had on the Passport. Plus I customized it so I had a zero key on that pull down. (Why they didn't incorporate that in the first place I will never know).

If anyone from BlackBerry is reading this post please look into this sensitivity issue. At least for me it made this new feature unusable.
    rotorwrench, FF22 and ojp_bb like this.
    10-25-16 10:25 PM