If I move a pic from internal storage to the SD Card, they don't show up in the Photos APP (Google Photos or any other 3rd party app) or even in the Image Browser of the File Explorer App (ES Explorer) unless I restart the device.

Seems like an indexing issue. Any solution (other than Clear Cache nonsense or restart device - I can't be expected to do that EVERY TIME I move or save something to the SD Card)?

Further Info:

- I use Google Photos. I tried with the other 3rd party apps just to see if the issue was with Google Photos itself or with any app.
    - For File Manager, I tried with Solid Explorer as well. Issue was not resolved (not to mention, I couldn't figure out how to MOVE files from SD card to internal storage in Solid Explorer).

Any suggestions?
    02-10-16 09:48 PM
    Try an app called piktures. It's a photo gallery app but also allows you to move photos to different folders really easily. See if that helps. It blows google photos out of the water.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-10-16 10:19 PM
    Try an app called piktures. It's a photo gallery app but also allows you to move photos to different folders really easily. See if that helps. It blows google photos out of the water.

Thank you ray689.

Disabled Google Photos. Installed Piktures. It does work... ONLY if I move pics from the Piktures app. if I were to move pics using the File Manager, the issue remains.
    Any suggestions?
    02-10-16 10:40 PM
    It works for me in ES file Explorer. Have you allowed it to access SD card. Do you get something that pops up when you try?

02-10-16 11:01 PM
    Yes. ES explorer DOES have permission to access SD Card. And it does MOVE the file. It simply doesn't SHOW in the Piktures App (or Google Photos) after I have moved the file to SD Card.

Going to the folder itself in ES explorer shows the file, but in the Gallery view (of the app or ES explorer) the picture doesn't show unless I restart the device (or perhaps clear cache or whatever).

Let me try and make this clear:

I have 2 photos on SD card. These are showing fine in the Gallery app (irrespective of which one I use) and showing fine in File Manager (image browser AND the actual folder).
    Now, if I take a pic from internal storage and move it to the SD Card (in the same location as the previous 2 photos), the File Manager moves it. IT shows in the folder. I can tap it and view it. BUT it doesn't show in the image browser (the other 2 continue to show, the moved one is not recognised as a photo). Same thing in the Gallery app (the other 2 continue to show. The new moved one doesn't).

If I restart, I believe the Apps and Image viewers re-index or whatever, and now all 3 photos show.

IF I use the PIKTURES app to move the photo, then it works seamlessly. But if I move using the ES Explorer, the file moves but simply doesn't register in the Image Viewer or Gallery App as a photo.
    02-10-16 11:15 PM
    I'm not really sure why this would be. I have it set so pics taken save to SD card automatically rather then device. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but I'm not having issues moving back and forth and having it reflect in photo gallery app be it google photos or piktures

02-11-16 09:35 AM
    Another one of those things, I guess.

Ahh well.. sh*t happens
    02-11-16 09:54 AM
    This is a general problem with the file manager.
    The media indexer will only pick up new files if it is told that they have been created (by a camera app, gallery app, or any other app that is aware of the indexer), or after a reboot. It's *possible* it also does a periodic re-scan, but I'm uncertain on that one.
    This is the behaviour Google has defined for Android media indexing.
    It's possible there are other file managers which kick the right API after moving a file.
    02-11-16 05:07 PM
    Tried a factory reset as well (*rolls eyes). Didn't solve the problem, so... for now will stick to using the internal storage itself.

Hardly a 'solution'. But when one simply doesn't understand how to use an Android... well ... I guess this is as good as any work around.
    02-12-16 09:55 PM
    My photos on my SD card from old phone show in a different folder and not in the photos app, and photos transferred via content transfer from the priv I returned to the new priv show in the Google pictures app and no longer the cameras browser. So now photos are all over, it's pretty annoying bc on BlackBerry 7 u could add all the folders from the camera app and see them from one place. intrusive Google wants to suck out copies of every piece of data I have, I don't find this "secure." For you...maybe try a different SD card? Or back up ur data, format the SD and try it again? I don't know why it won't show for u if it's there, Maybe the card is buggy and not the phone.
    02-14-16 08:41 AM
    I had a similar problem with ringtones. They were suddenly gone after something updated. I had to 'put them back' on the device, even though they were already there, and had been in use since I got the phone. The other issue is that the notification settings go back to default when I restart the phone. I have to go in and set all my notification sounds all over again. ES File Explorer suddenly cannot find any of the dozens of ringtones that were on my SD card and the device. Very aggravating.
    02-14-16 08:55 AM
    If I move a pic from internal storage to the SD Card, they don't show up in the Photos APP (Google Photos or any other 3rd party app) or even in the Image Browser of the File Explorer App (ES Explorer) unless I restart the device.

Seems like an indexing issue. Any solution (other than Clear Cache nonsense or restart device - I can't be expected to do that EVERY TIME I move or save something to the SD Card)?

Further Info:

- I use Google Photos. I tried with the other 3rd party apps just to see if the issue was with Google Photos itself or with any app.
    - For File Manager, I tried with Solid Explorer as well. Issue was not resolved (not to mention, I couldn't figure out how to MOVE files from SD card to internal storage in Solid Explorer).

Any suggestions?
    Make sure you also have installed the exfat driver and also the latest system update will help fix this issue as well!

вιaсĸвεггч ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    02-14-16 09:00 AM
    Make sure you also have installed the exfat driver and also the latest system update will help fix this issue as well!

System is uptodate.

Exfat driver? Have no clue what that is ... will look into it.
    02-14-16 10:56 AM

Just installed Microsoftexfat for BlackBerry. Tried again. Issue remains.

Will try another sd card, later. Perhaps.
    02-14-16 11:33 AM
    My photos on my SD card from old phone show in a different folder and not in the photos app
    Android standardizes on the /DCIM/Camera folder, whereas BB10 and prior standardized on /camera. You can use a file manager or plug the SD card into your PC, and move the contents of the /camera folder into /DCIM/Camera. Then everything should be grouped together as you are expecting.
    blackbirdy likes this.
    02-14-16 12:19 PM