How can I use my own picture for the PRIV picture screenlock? I have a PIN set and so I try the following to set my own picture lock but every time the settings app crashes; Settings > Security > Screen Lock > (I input my PIN) > Picture > Continue > Then the pop up says "Unfortunately Settings has stopped". Every time :-(
    03-17-16 10:49 AM
    Either Restart the phone or REBOOT by pressing/holding the Power button for 30+ seconds.

I did not have a PIN and initially set up a Picture Password using their choices. Then later changed it to one of my pictures.
    03-17-16 11:55 AM
    My issue is that I can't use my own pictures. I can select one but it doesn't actually select it. It just returns to the default blackberry page of pictures.
    03-17-16 12:03 PM
    I did put the picture I used into Internal Memory. I did the same for music or ringtones I want to select for Notices.
    03-17-16 12:49 PM
    I did put the picture I used into Internal Memory. I did the same for music or ringtones I want to select for Notices.
    Which file path or folder did you put the picture into ?
    lesarmitage likes this.
    03-30-16 05:12 AM
    Which file path or folder did you put the picture into ?
    /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/

which is the Pictures folder if you use a USB connection.

That is the folder where Screenshots are stored, but one down:

storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots
    lesarmitage likes this.
    03-30-16 08:41 AM
    /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/

which is the Pictures folder if you use a USB connection.

That is the folder where Screenshots are stored, but one down:

storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots
    I've tried storing my photo there, but it doesn't show up when I go into settings>security>set picture password etc. Am I missing something?
    03-31-16 07:52 AM
    I've tried storing my photo there, but it doesn't show up when I go into settings>security>set picture password etc. Am I missing something?
    At the bottom below the default pictures, was a prompt "Picture Library" or similar. Tapping that I then had to use a Picture-viewing-app or a Filemanager to get to that folder. Then it wanted a CROP app to position it. A bit involved. I just did it again.
    03-31-16 09:19 AM
    At the bottom below the default pictures, was a prompt "Picture Library" or similar. Tapping that I then had to use a Picture-viewing-app or a Filemanager to get to that folder. Then it wanted a CROP app to position it. A bit involved. I just did it again.
    Have just tried that, and when I press the picture library button it just crashes. It sounds like I need to load two apps with functionality like you mentioned. Will I need to set them as defaults somehow? Not sure how to do that, I guess it can't be difficult :-)
    03-31-16 10:33 AM
    Actually, I have no idea where the CROP app came from!!! But for selecting the picture, you get a choice of your Picture app(s) if you have them or a File Manager. You can "use xxx app one time" and click on that or you can set things for Default. So far, I still select File manger's and Picture apps ONE TIME. Still trying to decide which one(s) I want for those default functions.

Just looked and I don't see a Crop app. Maybe it is part of the Picture Password process. Since you get to slide your picture around to match your screen and kind of select where you will want your NUMBER to match. In other words, you find a point in your picture to slide the number and you probably don't want that dead center but it can be anywhere.

Here's my picture and how it looks when Password is needed:

Picture Password - Priv - How can I use my own picture?-devilsclub3.jpg
    Picture Password - Priv - How can I use my own picture?-screenshot_2016-03-31-07-20-21.jpg

So that Crop function allowed me to slide the image left or right to pick portion for the Password screen.
    03-31-16 12:16 PM
    Actually, I have no idea where the CROP app came from!!! But for selecting the picture, you get a choice of your Picture app(s) if you have them or a File Manager. You can "use xxx app one time" and click on that or you can set things for Default. So far, I still select File manger's and Picture apps ONE TIME. Still trying to decide which one(s) I want for those default functions.

Just looked and I don't see a Crop app. Maybe it is part of the Picture Password process. Since you get to slide your picture around to match your screen and kind of select where you will want your NUMBER to match. In other words, you find a point in your picture to slide the number and you probably don't want that dead center but it can be anywhere.

Here's my picture and how it looks when Password is needed:

So that Crop function allowed me to slide the image left or right to pick portion for the Password screen.
    Nice pictures. I wonder, do you have encryption turned on/off? Wondering why my settings app can't see my own photos and just exits.
    04-01-16 10:32 AM
    Nice pictures. I wonder, do you have encryption turned on/off? Wondering why my settings app can't see my own photos and just exits.
    Phone seems to be encrypted by default and no way to turn it off. I don't know. Can you see the photos with a picture viewer or a File manager?

If you want to see what those plants, Devils Club, look like in Spring before they fully leaf out, I'm posting some pictures from today's hike in the Sticky photo thread. They are covered in sharp thorns including the veins of the leaves. Latin name is appropriate: Oplopanax horridus
    04-01-16 04:04 PM
    Phone seems to be encrypted by default and no way to turn it off. I don't know. Can you see the photos with a picture viewer or a File manager?

If you want to see what those plants, Devils Club, look like in Spring before they fully leaf out, I'm posting some pictures from today's hike in the Sticky photo thread. They are covered in sharp thorns including the veins of the leaves. Latin name is appropriate: Oplopanax horridus
    Yes I can see the photos. I have ESFile manager (free version) loaded.
    04-04-16 07:04 AM
    I can't figure out what is stopping your selection.

I guess you could call BB:

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

[email protected] They will give you feedback.

Welcome - United States
    04-04-16 09:33 AM
    I can't figure out what is stopping your selection.

I guess you could call BB:

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

[email protected] They will give you feedback.

Welcome - United States
    I have finally figured it out. The problem was I had disabled the Google Photos App (because I was using Pixlr and ES file explorer for photos). The BB picture password needs the Google pictures app to do the file search and photo crop when it sets up the picture.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-16 09:58 AM
    I have finally figured it out. The problem was I had disabled the Google Photos App (because I was using Pixlr and ES file explorer for photos). The BB picture password needs the Google pictures app to do the file search and photo crop when it sets up the picture.
    Well done. I was trying to figure out what did the CROPPING a while ago but there was no option to see ABOUT in that portion of the app.

Thanks for coming back and explaining how you fixed it. It could help others.
    07-28-16 11:26 AM