Members

Is there a reason why my pic password is deactivated? Under the security menu it only has pattern, pin or password options?

It was working initially and now after a bunch of updates it greyed out.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 08:42 PM
    My guess maybe they working on it for better implementation
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-15 08:45 PM
    You loaded a certificate.

The certificate store is hardware (TCM) backed and the picture password can't unseal it. This is why BlackBerry HAS TO implement the backup password functionality; if not and you need to load a certificate (e.g. for a VPN) you're screwed and can't use picture password.

To fix it remove the certificates and clear the credential store.... and file a ticket on it.
    southlander, Uzi and cyblitz like this.
    11-13-15 08:49 PM
    Ticker guy your absolutely right.
    I remember now I was in the VPN menu just exploring it.
    Can you tell me where I find the certificates?

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-15 08:56 PM
    Go into the security menu; there's an option called "Clear Credentials". It will wipe all your user-loaded certificates (and anything else that might be in the TCM) which will restore all the screen lock options.

Then go ***** at BlackBerry so I'm not alone
    southlander likes this.
    11-13-15 09:10 PM
    Will this mess up anything else on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 09:13 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I think I was tinkering with the VPN options. Since I couldn't find a solution I decided to reset the phone (it took a few minutes unlike the security wipe on BB10 that took me days when I was preparing my Passport for resale).

When it restarted I actually noticed all the BlackBerry apps started updating automatically, unlike when I first started configuring my Priv. They must've changed something.

Luckily I have all my personal files on my memory card and all my apps show up on the play store when I add my Gmail account, so I can easily reinstall all relatively quickly. My email, contacts and calendars are also on Gmail, so no issue there.

Even though I had an HTC a few years back I must say lollipop is really different and adding the blackberry apps on top was kind of confusing at first. But I was determined to at least give it a try before giving up and return it. I think that's what happens to most android/iPhone users when they try to use a BB10 phone for the first time. But they just write it off without trying....

Posted via the CrackBerry App from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-13-15 09:41 PM
    Will this mess up anything else on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    No.

It's under Security, and is called "Clear Credentials" It just erases any certificates you've loaded; it won't do anything else. I originally set up a password, loaded my certs, and then found picture password disabled. Needless to say I was not happy -- BlackBerry needs to fix that because you really need to be able to use both!
    11-13-15 11:09 PM
    If my company made me install MobileIron or some other MDM, can I still clear the certificate? Wouldn't my work e-mail stop syncing and device be back in non-compliance? Thanks!
    11-13-15 11:13 PM
    If my company made me install MobileIron or some other MDM, can I still clear the certificate? Wouldn't my work e-mail stop syncing and device be back in non-compliance? Thanks!
    If that's why the certificate was loaded, indeed. You have to choose at present -- either have certificates in the store, or use picture password.

I've made a bit of a stink about it over on the support forums and you should too - the more noise about this the faster it will probably get fixed. It is fixable, and I suspect it's unintentional too -- the BlackBerry folks probably didn't realize that the TCM can't be unlocked by the picture password and thus something that complies with that paradigm has to be cooked up for picture password to be compatible with certificate storage.
    11-14-15 06:39 AM
    I too would like to see picture password. I also want to have a priv provided by company, but it is dependent upon Mobileiron working. Can you confirm that you are indeed using Mobileiron?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:53 AM