Verizon Priv

I'm having trouble sending an email with a picture taken with the PRIV. The pictures are storing at 7-8 meg. So when I attach them to an email they simply won't send.

I haven't been able to find a way to reduce the size of the photo when taken.
    I do see the opportunity to resize the picture when emailing them, but there are other apps I use that I upload the photo directly when taken with the camera. Unfortunately, the file is too large to upload.

I'd love an explanation of this, and how to modify the photo size when taken. Can anyone she'd some light on this?
    03-30-16 04:25 PM
    Verizon Priv

I'm having trouble sending an email with a picture taken with the PRIV. The pictures are storing at 7-8 meg. So when I attach them to an email they simply won't send.

I haven't been able to find a way to reduce the size of the photo when taken.
    I do see the opportunity to resize the picture when emailing them, but there are other apps I use that I upload the photo directly when taken with the camera. Unfortunately, the file is too large to upload.

I'd love an explanation of this, and how to modify the photo size when taken. Can anyone she'd some light on this?
    Open camera > settings > photo quality > set to standard

Posted from my Priv
    03-30-16 05:12 PM
    No need to change the settings in the camera app... within the hub attach the file, click the three dots and select "resize image" . You will be able to find a format that is appropriate for sending your email.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 06:56 PM
    I've been able to attach two or three images to email using the Hub and my Gmail account.
    03-30-16 07:39 PM
    Three seems to be the max on Gmail then it says file is too large to add. BUT when sending it, you are asked if you want to size it down
    03-30-16 08:47 PM
    Using Standard quality in Camera settings does help, but not entirely. I still have issues uploading direct from the camera. File size is down to 3.3 meg or so

Any other ideas?
    03-31-16 08:43 AM
    I just emailed a picture I took yesterday. While in the Camera App, I shared. It was 8,000kb. I shared to Hub and sent from one of my gmail accounts to another gmail account. I sent Full size. It worked.

Do you have a restriction on data/wifi on how large a file can be shared?
    03-31-16 09:51 AM
    That's odd if anybody is having issues with sending via Gmail (though to be fair the OP didn't mention using Gmail), since Gmail has a 25MB limit. 7 or 8 Megabytes should be nuthin.

[edit]And if anybody is running into the 25MB limit of Gmail, you can bypass it by saving the image to Google Drive and insert the image into the email with the "insert from Google Drive" option from the Gmail app.
    03-31-16 09:57 AM
    Yep I regularly send attachments around 8-9 mb without problems
    03-31-16 10:00 AM
    Now that I think about it... while you have to take into account not only the attachment limit of your own email provider, but also the receiver may have an email service that has a lower attachment limit.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-31-16 10:04 AM
    Every time I email images Hub asks me the quality at which I would like to send... original, high quality, low quality, etc

03-31-16 10:13 AM
    Every time I email images Hub asks me the quality at which I would like to send... original, high quality, low quality, etc

Does anyone know how to restore that question once it is gone?
    01-25-18 08:34 AM