Hello folks,

I am using a blackberry PRIV. Starting this very day, I have been unable to send or receive pictures or videos through MMS.

I've looked into lots of other solutions, from resizing pictures (I've got this one down to 87kb) to looking into carrier based problems (same carrier as before and over 1gb data left). All mobile data setting are turned ON, and pictures and videos I received a coupl days ago will not allow themselves to be displayed if I try and access them through the message they came in. Those that I saved to my device are available to me in their respective folders (though one thing I hate about the PRIV is the way it organizes photos).
    04-02-16 08:42 PM
    I have had a similar problem using Google Messenger on my Priv. Downloaded Textra and made it my default text app, and I have had no problems since.

Edit: link to similar thread which may help:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12356181
    I have had a similar problem using Google Messenger on my Priv. Downloaded Textra and made it my default text app, and I have had no problems since.

04-02-16 08:52 PM
    Unfortunately, this problem extends to emails accounts in my BlackBerry Hub making the thousand dollar phone I just purchased useless to me. An outside of company text app is not a solution, but thank you for your reply.

Can anyone assist?
    04-04-16 03:30 PM
    Unfortunately, this problem extends to emails accounts in my BlackBerry Hub making the thousand dollar phone I just purchased useless to me. An outside of company text app is not a solution, but thank you for your reply.

Can anyone assist?
    Your post is very confusing. MMS problems and email problems are unrelated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 05:31 AM
    Im on cricket and have discovered that I can only receive (and possibly send) MMS images and messages over data and not wi-fi
    04-08-16 12:07 AM

SAME situation!
    the in device app for messaging just stopped working with mms after the first update, had the carrier resend the mms settings at the switch, and still not working. BUt since I downloaded TExtra working like a charm.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    04-08-16 04:48 PM
    SAME situation!
    the in device app for messaging just stopped working with mms after the first update, had the carrier resend the mms settings at the switch, and still not working. BUt since I downloaded TExtra working like a charm.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I wonder.... since Google Messenger has updated a few times since I made the switch to Textra, if they've fixed it. Then I realize that I Iike the dark theme of Textra better, and I can ignore the occasional ad.
    04-08-16 11:44 PM
    Unfortunately, this problem extends to emails accounts in my BlackBerry Hub An outside of company text app is not a solution,
    Email and SMS are not related, you provided no info on email problems, so you're not going to get much help there. There are threads on various email issues, Gmail in particular. Use the search box, there are prob fixes listed.

No idea what you mean by "outside of company", your phone comes preloaded with apps from several different 'companies'.
    The google messenger app just happens to come on the phone preloaded, (I believe google forces this on all phones as part of the licensing).
    The google messenger app has been problematic since day 1, most of us have disabled it and installed either Textra or Yaata, and some use others.
    If you are not willing to do this, you will prob have to wait for a messenger update to fix it, then deal with it again later when another update breaks it.

Download Textra, make it your default app, if it works, see above. If it doesn't work you have other issues. Trying Textra is the first step in troubleshooting.
    04-09-16 07:07 AM
    I wonder.... since Google Messenger has updated a few times since I made the switch to Textra, if they've fixed it. Then I realize that I Iike the dark theme of Textra better, and I can ignore the occasional ad.
    The problem resides in Lollipop's MMS API. It was busted from the start. Phones with OEM support and/or carrier support have been able to work around it. However, since as an OEM, BlackBerry either doesn't know how or is unwilling to work around it, you're left in the lurch. If you have a carrier Priv, simple DEMAND they make MMS work. They will.

Textra works because it uses its own MMS API (in violation of Google's rules).

Marshmallow should fix all these issues (unless, of course, BlackBerry botches it again).

That's the situation with MMS on Priv. End of story.

04-09-16 09:43 AM
    Download the app Yaata. It fixes the not being able to send video and mms while wifi is on

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    04-09-16 10:14 AM
    Download the app Yaata. It fixes the not being able to send video and mms while wifi is on

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    You are talking about a different issue, but yes, Yaata will quickly connect to cellular data to send MMS.

I'm talking about Lollipop MMS being essentially broken, which is the larger issue effecting most people here with that issue.

Thanks, I actually don't have the issue.

04-09-16 10:57 AM