I had around 4500 photos on my Passport (taken on devices going way back to the Storm), all on SD storage. With BB10 File Explorer, it was SO easy to see where everything was and move files around. It was also easy to tell native BB10 apps where and how to store things.

I tried a number of different methods to transfer my photos over to my Priv with varying success. Ultimately I ended up connecting my Passport to my PC and using Picasa to sync all of my photos to Google Drive, using the "Sync to web" slider. I then set up my Priv to sync the Google Photos app with my Google Drive account. This was the only way that I could get the pictures transferred over in such a way that they maintained their file information like date, location, camera info, etc. Without at least the date info, there was no way to logically sort the photos on the Priv. I just had 4500 photos in completely random order. Terrible.

All of my photos are now on my Priv, and all show up in the Google Photos app no problem. What is weird is that I cannot find where they are stored on the Priv anywhere. I have connected to the Priv via USB and browsed both the local and SD memory exhaustively. I've even searched the complete file structures looking for anything ending in .jpg, etc. No luck. I can see that the photos are definitely stored in local memory since my SD card still shows as being almost completely empty and the local memory now has ~6GB less free space. In "Storage" under settings, it shows that I have 7.07GB in "Apps(app data & media content)". I have relatively few apps installed so this is most certainly where the pictures are... but I just can't get to them in any usable way.

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer all of these photos to my SD storage? I have already set the Camera app to store new photos on my SD card.

As much as I love the Priv, I really miss some of the standard BB10 features like file handling.
    12-14-15 02:52 PM
    If you synced via Google Drive, I don't believe that they'll physically reside on your phone at all; it's my suspicion is that you're accessing them via the Cloud. To be sure I'd disable all network connections and see if you can still access them.

As to actually getting them on your Priv, the best option for you would appear to be to insert the same SD card you've been using (if it's a micro size). I don't have a Priv of my own, but I think downloading a file manager app like Solid Explorer should let you navigate to the respective directory on the SD card. As to how to get Google Photos/etc. to recognize it? I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 03:47 PM
    I actually wondered the same thing and already performed this experiment. All pictures are stored locally. I just disabled all network connections and tried again to make sure. I opened random pictures all the way from recent to ancient. No problem.

If you insert the SD card from a Passport into a Priv, when the Priv mounts the SD card, it destroys all of the extended file info for the pictures like date, location, camera specs, etc. Does anyone know if this has changed at all through updates?
    12-14-15 04:38 PM
    Oh, that doesn't sound good... Sorry, not much more help I can offer at this point.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 04:53 PM
    I had a similar problem when I switched from Passport to Priv. The photos were all on the SD card for the Passport, but I can't find them all on the Priv.
    12-14-15 05:34 PM
    I had really hoped that BlackBerry's content transfer app would transfer all of my photos (not just the few that happened to be stored on my Passport's local memory). I actually upgraded my Google Drive subscription to make sure I would have enough room to perform the transfer. Turns out that the transfer file was only like 50MB... and it corrupted my Hub
    12-14-15 05:45 PM