Unless it's a Z10

Z10
    Worst. Battery. Ever.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and Vector-SS like this.
    08-11-15 06:48 PM
    You actually can charge simultaneously with slimport as well. The slimport adapter has a microusb port in it to use for charging even while you're using the hdmi out...
    Neat, didn't know that. Guess it's not too different after all.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 07:33 PM
    Neat, didn't know that. Guess it's not too different after all.

Posted via CB10
    I had all of the same concerns as you did before. But in the end, it's pretty similar. The only drawbacks is the extra cost of buying a slimport adapter, and using one port for everything could wear it out quicker. Which is one big reason I really wanted to get the AT&T version with wireless charging, so I won't be using that port for charging as well...
    08-11-15 09:46 PM
    I thought it was pretty well established by now that this would borrow significantly from the Galaxy S6 (i.e. Probably manufactured by Samsung).

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry manufactures their own flagships

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:35 AM
    It's going to be BlackBerry10 under android. It's going to be the most secured android and both Zs and PP users will want it. Just don't expect the battery to last longer than 4 hours.

Posted via CB10
    Not even BlackBerry could secure android. Think about it, no one has secured windows and that's been way out longer

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:36 AM
    I really hope BlackBerry re introduces the dedicated hdmi port. Love it's convenience on the Z30 and don't have to carry around an adapter in conjunction with the cable.

Posted via CB10
    No need for that now that tvs support wireless streaming

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:37 AM
    Not even BlackBerry could secure android. Think about it, no one has secured windows and that's been way out longer

Posted via CB10
    Compared to what? You can't fully secure anything connected to the internet, but I hope you're not going by the "most viruses are for Windows, therefore Windows is not secure" mentality... You realize that the only reason that most malware is on Windows has nothing to do with how secure it is and all to do with the fact that it's the most popular OS being used both by businesses and individuals? If you compare Windows to Mac, you'll find that there are more security measures on Windows than there are on Apple computers. It's just that the "hackers" and people making these viruses, spyware, and what-not mainly only target Windows...
    08-12-15 03:35 AM
    Compared to what? You can't fully secure anything connected to the internet, but I hope you're not going by the "most viruses are for Windows, therefore Windows is not secure" mentality... You realize that the only reason that most malware is on Windows has nothing to do with how secure it is and all to do with the fact that it's the most popular OS being used both by businesses and individuals? If you compare Windows to Mac, you'll find that there are more security measures on Windows than there are on Apple computers. It's just that the "hackers" and people making these viruses, spyware, and what-not mainly only target Windows...
    It's open compared to osx, which is closed. Open OS means more vulnerabilities.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 03:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally false. Linux is more secure than Windows and it is open source. Open source has absolutely no impact on security.
    08-12-15 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pic of Venice found on Reddit-v8ccqht.jpg
    :-D
    00stryder and Mikey_NNG like this.
    08-12-15 12:41 PM
    Totally false. Linux is more secure than Windows and it is open source. Open source has absolutely no impact on security.
    Heartbleed.
    08-12-15 02:04 PM
    Heartbleed.
    There are vulnerabilities in both closed and open source software. Windows is closed source and has vulnerabilies, and even iOS has some.
    What I meant to say is that "open/closed sourceness" of a product has no direct impact on the security of that product.
    08-12-15 02:07 PM
    USB and headphone at the bottom?

This better be a joke...
    I'd really prefer that BlackBerry go back to side mounted USB ports. And really, we should be seeing USB Type-C imo. Why not go all out.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:54 PM
    I'd really prefer that BlackBerry go back to side mounted USB ports. And really, we should be seeing USB Type-C imo. Why not go all out.
    So, how many side-mounted ports are you wanting on this slider with an edge-to-edge curved screen? it seems like you would be running out of room very fast, not to mention the internal hardware that must be contained to handle the port. Don't forget that there's a big battery in there, too that you want to be as wide as possible.
    08-13-15 08:15 AM
    I've had a 9800 with the side mounted USB port.

I hated it. It was always in my way if it was charging and I had to use the darned thing as an actual phone because it fell right where my fingers are as I hold it.

Same with my Z10 now.

The USB is in the worst possible spot you could put it.

It was actually better on my old Pearl 8100. There it was more on the top half of the side. Out of the way of my fingers while holding it as a phone.

I would be pleased as a peach if the USB port moved to the bottom.

Now, the audio jack should be up top - that I agree with.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 08:35 AM
    Test units (early ones) are not supposed to be HQ finished

Posted via CB10
    Hehe I really like how you always bring people back to the ground!!

RubenDM likes this.
    08-13-15 01:39 PM
116 ... 345