If this is in fact running Android then there will be a way to rotate the screen 180 degrees so that you can charge and play your tunes.
    Except that method doesn't keep the volume (song skip) buttons accessible.
    08-09-15 06:49 PM
    Except that method doesn't keep the volume (song skip) buttons accessible.
    Think about how much nicer your slider will look clipped into an inexpensvie air-vent dash mount with your aux cable and power cable coming out of the bottom rather than the top. Plus, you will be able to see you screen more easily.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 07:20 PM
    Would appreciate if you didn't share it.. there's a reason it was edited. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    sorry about that...but it is 2015 and if you don't want it out there don't put it out there or maybe they should edit before it even hits the web. Rule #1 CYA...back to topic now

Posted via CB10
    Justin Couto likes this.
    08-09-15 08:22 PM
    Stupid trend tbh
    It's not stupid, switching between the ip and the Z10. It's better to be placed at the buttom.
    I am sure you will change your mind in practical use.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:28 PM
    I understand the limitations on the slider (no I don't... my 9800 had the headphone jack on top-side and USB on the middle-side...)

When I have the phone in the car, it sits in my cup holder for music. That means the bottom of the phone is sitting in something and I can't plug in the audio jack... or charge it.
    Simply put it up side down

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:30 PM
    It's not stupid, switching between the ip and the Z10. It's better to be placed at the buttom.
    I am sure you will change your mind in practical use.
    How is it "better in practical use"?

I gave an example - the few times I use the headphone jack it's in the car. I like the phone sitting upright so I can get to the track-skip buttons. When I hold the phone in one hand, the bottom-center of the phone rests on my pinky finger. Right where the charge cable would be if it was an iPhone.

I can't see a situation where bottom mounted USB/headphone is a benefit, but I can see where it would be an annoyance.
    08-09-15 08:32 PM
    Simply put it up side down
    Right... so the volume buttons that were at the top-right would then be at the bottom left, rendering them inaccessible as the phone sat in the cup holder.
    08-09-15 08:33 PM
    I read somewhere that slider could be an option of detachable with the device. If it is going to be reality, it would be an unique device and of course, BlackBerry can use it as USP for its marketing.

Z30 10.3.2.2339 thru CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-09-15 08:54 PM
    I think it looks fantastic. I can't wait to try one out.

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia likes this.
    08-09-15 09:37 PM
    Stupid trend tbh
    Can you tell me why? Having the USB at the bottom is the most comfortable for use while charging it. If the is charging and the cable is on the side it's just not convinient to hold it, if it's at the bottom it's not in the way ever

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:41 PM
    Got a link to the subreddit?

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-09-15 10:11 PM
    Would appreciate if you didn't share it.. there's a reason it was edited. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I saw the original pick last night, and the "edited" pic on the main CB page, and now this one which was the original pic.

What was the point of editing when there's nothing to see except the "BlackBerry" logo at the top which was left alone anyway? The back of a couch? Big deal, that doesn't tell anyone anything.

Just wondering what the big deal is with the pic as is.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:16 PM
    Right... so the volume buttons that were at the top-right would then be at the bottom left, rendering them inaccessible as the phone sat in the cup holder.
    The awkward feeling I got when I first used a touch keyboard coming from a physical one is the same feeling I had switching back to my Z10 from the 5s and 6 (regarding USB and aux position).

Maybe u feel like that because you are already used to have them on side and top.

But from my usage, when I am on desk it's more efficient to have them both at the bottom.

When watching videos, it's better at the bottom without trying to place the cable behind the phone so as not to cover the screen.

While driving, specially when putting the phone in the holder (not the cup holder), it was better when using maps to have both cables down side.
    The phone car holder will be blocking the charging port if they were on the side.

Maybe you got a point from your personal usage but I think because u r just used to it that way and I believe it will be easier to adapt to the new locations much more than you think.
    For example even Samsung flagship S6 put it down, think it's for a reason.

I am sure you will like it if you are interested in the slider and this will be your least concerns.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:32 PM
    How is it "better in practical use"?

I gave an example - the few times I use the headphone jack it's in the car. I like the phone sitting upright so I can get to the track-skip buttons. When I hold the phone in one hand, the bottom-center of the phone rests on my pinky finger. Right where the charge cable would be if it was an iPhone.

I can't see a situation where bottom mounted USB/headphone is a benefit, but I can see where it would be an annoyance.
    Uhh...because with the charger on the bottom you can still hold and use the phone without it being in the way. And with the headphone jack on the bottom when you put it in your pocket it goes in upside down so when you pull it out it's naturally in the right position.

Jesus, man. Invest $10 in a dash-clip.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    08-09-15 10:57 PM
    Jesus, man. Invest $10 in a dash-clip.
    No, because it would be much more obvious that I'm touching the vol button while driving...
    08-09-15 11:00 PM
    I saw the original pick last night, and the "edited" pic on the main CB page, and now this one which was the original pic.

What was the point of editing when there's nothing to see except the "BlackBerry" logo at the top which was left alone anyway? The back of a couch? Big deal, that doesn't tell anyone anything.

Just wondering what the big deal is with the pic as is.

Posted via CB10
    Because it might have been John Chen's couch.

Posted via C5303
    08-09-15 11:21 PM
    Where are the speakers?
    08-09-15 11:43 PM
    I got this pic from CB, posted it to Reddit, and now you've posted it back to CB. I am amused.

Straight outta CB10
    08-09-15 11:53 PM
    Is this a slider? Don't see a seam where the unit would slide... unless it's super-slim and flush against the screen itself...
    There is no seam... because... (drum roll)... it's full touch not a slider! Let the rumours fly!
    08-10-15 12:00 AM
    There is no seam... because... (drum roll)... it's full touch not a slider! Let the rumours fly!
    But wait, there's more! It runs WebOS!

Posted from an ME173X
    08-10-15 12:25 AM
    Was browsing Reddit a little while ago and stumbled across this pic.
    Amazing pic btw. This phone is gonna be amaze balls this Christmas.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-10-15 12:29 AM
    Its Edgy.

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino likes this.
    08-10-15 12:29 AM
    Its Edgy.

Posted via CB10
    HAH
    08-10-15 12:55 AM
    The phone looks quite big.. I'm hoping it runs BB10 and has a big battery... we don't want to see another wall hugging device...

Also, still curious why it was rendered and posted on CB? The background isn't really going to expose the identity of the poster anyways

Btw... the device looks nice... but BlackBerry will charge a premium for it... I suppose its gonna be out of my reach ;P

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.840 
    08-10-15 01:22 AM
    It's going to be BlackBerry10 under android. It's going to be the most secured android and both Zs and PP users will want it. Just don't expect the battery to last longer than 4 hours.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:49 AM
116 1234 ...