So, I have had to get my Priv sent for repairs, and it was replaced. On the new Priv, the issues I had were resolved, but I now have an extremely annoying issue with the keyboard gestures.

I used to used the keyboard for scrolling on website, however, now it jumps all over the place when scrolling. If I take my finger off the keyboard it will go all the way to the top of the webpage.

When typing a text I had it where the letters I was typing started to appear at the start of the line of text. I take my finger from the keyboard and watch as it goes from the position selector icon where you swipe to move where to type, and then it goes and deleted the entire message, word by word, as if I was swiping left on the keyboard.

For now I have turned off the gestures, but I find them extremely useful. I would rather not go without my phone for another two weeks, the spares I have are awful in comparison. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
    10-31-16 02:30 AM
    isn't there a way to set the sensitivity of the kb? in settings?
    10-31-16 06:44 AM
    I can find a "physical keyboard" option in the "Language and keyboard" settings, but that only has the option to turn on or off "Physical keyboard gestures".

I have turned these off for now, but I used to find them really helpful. I have now sent a repair request to Carphone Warehouse, where I bought it from. It is very annoying that I will be without the phone for another two weeks after getting it on day one, therefore paying more!
    10-31-16 08:27 AM
    So, I have had to get my Priv sent for repairs, and it was replaced. On the new Priv, the issues I had were resolved, but I now have an extremely annoying issue with the keyboard gestures.

I used to used the keyboard for scrolling on website, however, now it jumps all over the place when scrolling. If I take my finger off the keyboard it will go all the way to the top of the webpage.

When typing a text I had it where the letters I was typing started to appear at the start of the line of text. I take my finger from the keyboard and watch as it goes from the position selector icon where you swipe to move where to type, and then it goes and deleted the entire message, word by word, as if I was swiping left on the keyboard.

For now I have turned off the gestures, but I find them extremely useful. I would rather not go without my phone for another two weeks, the spares I have are awful in comparison. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
    Could static electricity be affecting the phone? Does this happen everywhere you try using it or in one or two locations?

Might be a "short" or something charging or affecting the keyboard.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    10-31-16 08:35 AM
    I have tried at home and at work, leaving the handset on a kitchen worktop in one place and a wooden desk in another.

I have tried in both locations with the case off (although I always had the case on the old version they replaced) and on

I will try with safe mode, but all of the reboot options have been tried today. May as well try them again anyhoo...
    10-31-16 08:55 AM