Might seem like a dumb question but how do you view photos on the Priv. I try to do it through the camera but it's not going through.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 07:40 PM
    There should be an app called Photos

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:41 PM
    There should be an app called Photos

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean Google photos?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 07:43 PM
    Photos view-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:56 PM
    By the way it's not my priv, took it from another thread. But that's the gallery, Photos

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:57 PM
    By the way it's not my priv, took it from another thread. But that's the gallery, Photos

Posted via CB10
    Oh ok cool. So the question is that you don't and go into the camera app anymore to view photos. You have to go to the photos apps. That seems kinda weird.

11-07-15 08:01 PM
    It looks like the galley app isn't working or I am doing something wrong.

11-07-15 08:09 PM
    Oh ok cool. So the question is that you don't and go into the camera app anymore to view photos. You have to go to the photos apps. That seems kinda weird.

There is a simple photo reviewer in the camera app which lets you scroll through past photos, but it is not as complete as the gallery offered by the Photos app presently.
    11-08-15 01:52 AM
    Is anyone else having a problem deleting pictures from the Photos App?

Whenever I try, it says it doesn't access the SD card and that I need to use the Gallery App. Which obviously there isn't a Gallery app on the Priv...needless to say, I have a bunch of useless photos of when I was messing around with the camera that I would like to delete.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with the Privilege of Privacy.
    11-08-15 10:38 PM
    The Photos app is in fact, Google Photos. Google Photos doesn't have the ability to delete photos saved on the media card. It does prompt to "launch the gallery app" but I don't see a gallery app available. I know other Android's have the Gallery app, but it was always confusing to have two locations - so I wonder if BlackBerry removed Gallery to eliminate confusion. There are some limitations here without a proper File Manager - even with a third-party app. But for now, I chose to Save pictures to my internal storage instead of SD Card (done in Camera Settings) - Google Photos can manage/delete internally stored photos no problem.
    11-08-15 11:04 PM
    Google doesn't want you deleting any photos so they can spy on you from all angles.

Posted via CB10
    Brad Morse, black-dash and ssbtech like this.
    11-08-15 11:14 PM
    I will look into this. My understanding was that the Photos app had permissions to delete from the SD card. In the meantime, you can delete them from within the camera app.
    11-08-15 11:15 PM
    Delete from camera or connect to computer and delete on computer. That's what I figured

11-08-15 11:25 PM
    I don't like the idea of my photos being saved to the Cloud. Sure, I'd be heartbroken if I lost some photos (been there, done that), but that's why I'm a digital packrat. And my stuff isn't even something considered untoward; it's simply mine. I don't want pictures of my family saved to the Cloud. Still learning my way around Android (have no problem with research).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 11:29 PM
    There should be a Gallery app there. Use that. The Photos apps requires you to setup a Cloud account.
    11-08-15 11:37 PM
    In the google Photos app, try using "delete device copy" from the "..." menu rather than the trash can icon.
    Please let me know if that works for you or not.
    11-08-15 11:46 PM
    I don't like the idea of my photos being saved to the Cloud. Sure, I'd be heartbroken if I lost some photos (been there, done that), but that's why I'm a digital packrat. And my stuff isn't even something considered untoward; it's simply mine. I don't want pictures of my family saved to the Cloud. Still learning my way around Android (have no problem with research).

Posted via CB10
    The cloud settings can be adjusted to not upload your photos. You can access this from in the Photos app though the top-left menu or via the Google services settings. It is also one of the out-of-the-box install toggles you can opt out from when setting up your phone for the first time.
    NightFire likes this.
    11-08-15 11:55 PM
    I ended up getting a different camera program for the time being until BlackBerry improves the stock one. It is called "A Better Camera". It is a great deal sharper and has a gallery app that accompanies it. This may help some of you.
    11-09-15 12:17 AM
    There should be a Gallery app there. Use that. The Photos apps requires you to setup a Cloud account.
    No Gallery app. You have to download one. I downloaded Quick pic and does the job. Sucks BlackBerry didn't put an app in to delete pics off SD, doesn't make sense.

11-09-15 12:39 AM
    Sucks BlackBerry didn't put an app in to delete pics off SD, doesn't make sense.
    The Google Photos app is intended to be able to do this, but there may be a permissions bug. It will get resolved in an update.
    In the meantime, the camera app can still be used to delete photos, though you must delete one at a time.
    11-09-15 12:43 AM
    The cloud settings can be adjusted to not upload your photos. You can access this from in the Photos app though the top-left menu or via the Google services settings. It is also one of the out-of-the-box install toggles you can opt out from when setting up your phone for the first time.
    Thank you, I appreciate this. Will try what you suggest. ☺

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:58 AM
    I ended up getting a different camera program for the time being until BlackBerry improves the stock one. It is called "A Better Camera". It is a great deal sharper and has a gallery app that accompanies it. This may help some of you.
    Does this "a better camera" let you delete from the sdcard?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:03 AM
    Quickpic is spyware so is anything else by cheetah mobile.
    11-09-15 01:06 AM
    In the google Photos app, try using "delete device copy" from the "..." menu rather than the trash can icon.
    Please let me know if that works for you or not.
    This worked for me. Weird that going through that menu would work and the trash can icon doesn't.

11-09-15 01:37 AM

Going into the camera to view photos wasn't the right way in BB10 either.

11-09-15 04:51 AM
26 12