I have set up this new Priv. I have managed to fumbled and googled through most things. It's no Passport.... But I have most things 'ok'.

The ONE issue I can't figure out. The photos in the "camera" folder are not showing when I tap on "photos". Any new pictures I take show... but nothing that was there before, and the old photos are there in the folder, I can see them through a file manager... but they wont easily show if I tap on PHOTOS.

I Read something about deleting caches or something... but the options I'm seeing on the phone are not what the various instructions online show. I am running Marshmallow 6.0.1. I cant find anything that lets me delete cache.

How can I get the photos that are there to start showing along with the new ones I take?
    11-09-16 02:27 AM
    You will need to download an app. I'm using solid Explorer. It's not like Bb10 with a built in media app.
    11-09-16 04:21 AM
    I have set up this new Priv. I have managed to fumbled and googled through most things. It's no Passport.... But I have most things 'ok'.

The ONE issue I can't figure out. The photos in the "camera" folder are not showing when I tap on "photos". Any new pictures I take show... but nothing that was there before, and the old photos are there in the folder, I can see them through a file manager... but they wont easily show if I tap on PHOTOS.

I Read something about deleting caches or something... but the options I'm seeing on the phone are not what the various instructions online show. I am running Marshmallow 6.0.1. I cant find anything that lets me delete cache.

How can I get the photos that are there to start showing along with the new ones I take?
    You might need a different photo or gallery app.

The Photo app is the Google one. I do see my older pictures in it using the Photo Tab at the bottom and scrolling back through the MONTHS.

But I have stored my older photos on my SD-card. They are stored in the DCIM Folder in a Subfolder called Photos. Within that folder, I have folders named after my various trips.

But you might be able to to the same thing in Internal Memory using a similar folder method.

One 3rd party app that folks seem to like is Piktures (yes, with a "k").

Also, if new, it might still be indexing your older photos.
    11-09-16 08:37 AM

If you are using the stock Google photos app, when you open it, tap the menu icon in the top left of the screen. Then tap device folders. That should take you to all of your pictures.
    FF22 and fanisk like this.
    11-09-16 08:44 AM