I've noticed that on my Priv, after a photo is taken, it is displayed in the center of the Priv screen rather than filling the entire screen. I can pinch to zoom but is this normal?
    02-01-16 03:03 PM
    I've noticed that on my Priv, after a photo is taken, it is displayed in the center of the Priv screen rather than filling the entire screen. I can pinch to zoom but is this normal?
    Tap the middle of the photo once.
    02-01-16 03:05 PM
    Tap the middle of the photo once.
    Not really what I was asking but thanks. I know I can do that but is there a way to make the photos appear full screen by default? The screen ratio is set to 4:3.

Edit: That's right, it works if I use 1:1 (which by default looks like a pic taken with a Passport) and tap the center of the photo, it does expand to full screen. But my question is still is there a way to make that the default view instead of having to manually tap the screen?
    Last edited by andy957; 02-01-16 at 03:23 PM.
    02-01-16 03:07 PM
    Most camera sensors, such as the one in the Priv, are built to take their full resolution photos in 4:3, the display is 16:9. If you want to change to 16:9, just open the camera app and hit the middle button in the top row of controls.
    02-01-16 03:09 PM
    Most camera sensors, such as the one in the Priv, are built to take their full resolution photos in 4:3, the display is 16:9. If you want to change to 16:9, just open the camera app and hit the middle button in the top row of controls.
    The attached is what I see. If it's working as designed, then that's fine, I just want to make sure it's nothing that I'm doing wrong. BTW this attachment was taken with the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Photo does not fill entire screen-301.jpg  
    02-01-16 03:16 PM
    yup, 16:9 was added back in december I think?
    4:3 is the default since it captures the most field of view, but some people prefer their photos to fill the screen, despite the fact that 16:9 is cropped from 4:3 (about 15.3MP if I recall correctly).
    jm1219 and andy957 like this.
    02-01-16 03:18 PM
    The attached is what I see

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You still have to click it once when you first open the viewfinder from the camera app, it opens default to the scrollview so you don't have to back out from the full photo view to get to another picture. You'll see when you click on a 4:3 photo that's there's black bars on the top and bottom but when you click on a 16:9 photo it's full screen.
    02-01-16 03:22 PM
    The attached is what I see. If it's working as designed, then that's fine, I just want to make sure it's nothing that I'm doing wrong. BTW this attachment was taken with the 16:9 aspect ratio.
    That is working as designed. You are by default in the carousel view when you tap the thumbnail (you can swipe left/right). This is also how Google's camera app behaves. Taping the photo will make it larger.

here's a tip.. if you want to quickly preview a full-sized picture that you just snapped, long-press on the thumbnail instead!
    andy957 and jm1219 like this.
    02-01-16 03:23 PM
    You still have to click it once when you first open the viewfinder from the camera app.
    Aha, maybe therein lies the rub. That's precisely what I was doing, so I just opened the same pic from the default Photos app and it did open full screen. Awesome, l learned something new, thanks guys (and gals?).
    jm1219 likes this.
    02-01-16 03:26 PM