I did a simple test by comparing the Priv display and speaker with SGS6. I set the display of both phones to the maximum brightness and the volumes to the loudest. Had them play the same videos and recorded them twice with my Sony NEX6 with external microphone. One run with only Priv speaker on. The other run with SGS6 speaker on. Then the two videos were put together in this test video. The recording camera (Sony) was on the auto mode, so it adjusted the exposure automatically. And here is the results.

Observation:
    1. SGS6 screen is a lot brighter and the colors are richer than Priv. But the SGS6 color is way off to the greenish side, especially in the concert video (4:00). And I couldn't adjust the color (I tried all available setting).
    Edited: I had Priv adaptive brightness to on. So the brightness was tuned down automatically. When I turned it off and set the brightness to the max, Priv screen is actually brighter than SGS6.
    2. SGS6 speaker is a lot louder than Priv too, but it is on the bottom. Priv's front facing speaker just sounds clearer.
    Last edited by JoeTestedThat; 12-12-15 at 09:10 PM.
    12-09-15 09:55 AM
    Color saturation on the Priv is excellent! In the light show, the reds showed up as orange on the SGS6.
    Audio on the Priv is full and balanced. I could hear the bass properly. The SGS6 sounds tinny.
    12-09-15 10:25 AM
    Thanks! These kind of tests are really helpful

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JoeTestedThat and Mecca EL like this.
    12-09-15 12:05 PM
    It surprised me that SGS6 color is really off. Priv display is not as bright but the color is almost accurate as the original.
    12-09-15 12:43 PM
    Did you turn off adaptive brightness on the priv? I think the S6 also has adaptive brightness. It would be a more accurate comparison with that option off on both devices as it will take the sensor for both as a factor.

ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-09-15 01:13 PM
    It surprised me that SGS6 color is really off. Priv display is not as bright but the color is almost accurate as the original.
    You did a damn good job! Thanks for this, as it sheds some much needed light.
    12-09-15 05:59 PM
    It appears the adaptive brightness is on on the Priv,no?

12-09-15 06:10 PM
    It appears the adaptive brightness is on on the Priv,no?

Yes, the adaptive brightness is on.
    Did you turn off adaptive brightness on the priv? I think the S6 also has adaptive brightness. It would be a more accurate comparison with that option off on both devices as it will take the sensor for both as a factor.

That's it. I had it on during the video test. Now I turned it off and the brightness is even brighter than SGS6. Also found out that the SGS6 'adaptive display' in the Display mode setting makes the color greenish. Set it to 'AMOLED Photo' makes the color closed to Priv.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I will have to redo the test.

12-09-15 06:34 PM
    Revised test is online. The Priv adaptive brightness is off. Priv screen is now brighter than SGS6, Also SGS6 color is set to AMOLED photo.

I'll redo the test again with 50% sound volume. The speakers were too loud.

Warning, in this video, SGS6 speaker was so loud that it may be disturbing in some part (electric parade).

Last edited by JoeTestedThat; 12-12-15 at 09:16 PM.
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-12-15 01:12 PM
    Made some comparisons of Priv screen and sound versus Passport and Z30. It's interesting to see that Priv color is very similar to Passport.

01-02-16 03:44 PM