My phone gets so hot. Not like every once in a while but all the time. I'm getting numerous messages saying unfortunately messenger stopped, Gmail stopped, chrome stopped....you name it and it's stopped or crashed. I'm lucky if I get 2 hours of battery.

Did I get a crap phone and need to replace it?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 06:39 PM
    Did you updated all the apps?

11-13-15 06:41 PM
    My phone gets so hot. Not like every once in a while but all the time. I'm getting numerous messages saying unfortunately messenger stopped, Gmail stopped, chrome stopped....you name it and it's stopped or crashed. I'm lucky if I get 2 hours of battery.

Sounds like something is wrong.
    11-13-15 06:42 PM
    The heat of the phone only happened to me on the first 2 days of using it, I updated all the apps then didn't really use it for the rest of the day/2 days.. Now it seems fine only gets warm when games are played

11-13-15 06:44 PM

You haven't updated your apps.

Go to Google Play store, search for blackberry hub, blackberry services, etc and update everything blackberry related manually.

On Day 1 my phone was hot. Updated all apps. Let it run and install and do everything it needs to. Let the battery drain down to below 10% and then charge it fully without interruption.

Today is Day 5. It's as cool as anything. Unplugged at 8AM this morning, it's now 6PM, I've worked a full day and it's only 70% (22 hours) battery life remaining.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-13-15 06:50 PM
    You haven't updated your apps.

Go to Google Play store, search for blackberry hub, blackberry services, etc and update everything blackberry related manually.

On Day 1 my phone was hot. Updated all apps. Let it run and install and do everything it needs to. Let the battery drain down to below 10% and then charge it fully without interruption.

Today is Day 5. It's as cool as anything. Unplugged at 8AM this morning, it's now 6PM, I've worked a full day and it's only 70% (22 hours) battery life remaining.
    I have actually updated my apps. The first day I got it on the 6th. I've also wiped the phone to factory settings and reupdated the phone.

11-13-15 07:07 PM
    Did you updated all the apps?

I sure did. Twice.

11-13-15 07:09 PM
    Sounds like something is wrong.
    Think I need to return it?

11-13-15 07:09 PM
    i say return it. Sounds faulty almost since rebooting and updating the apps didnt help
    11-13-15 07:11 PM
    I mean don't get me wrong,my phone also get hot as soon as I start watching videos or doing some multitasking,I hoping that a solution is on the way,that can't be aceptable.

11-13-15 07:16 PM
    Not mine. I've been going all day and it's no warmer than my Passport gets.
    11-13-15 07:17 PM
    It wouldn't hurt contacting support and see what they can do with this

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 07:28 PM
    I mean don't get me wrong,my phone also get hot as soon as I start watching videos or doing some multitasking,I hoping that a solution is on the way,that can't be aceptable.

Mine stays hot all day long the only time it was cool was when it came out of the box before I turned it on. It stays about as hot as holding a fresh hot cup of coffee with no sleeve. If that makes sense.

11-13-15 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I dread calling att support. They are such aholes most of the time.

11-13-15 07:31 PM
    I just picked up a Priv today and other than getting warm while doing the initial setup and BlackBerry apps update it has been fine since.

It certainly never got hot. Sounds like something isn't right with your device.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my Priv on AT&T
    11-13-15 07:36 PM
    Absolutely return. Faulty motherboard.

11-13-15 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well you have to contact them to return so might as well, but will be a waste of time.

Just return and exchange.

11-13-15 07:43 PM
    Now I'm thinking about returning it too,dammed!

11-13-15 07:55 PM
    Think I need to return it?

Without question.

I mean...it wouldn't hurt to try to wipe the device and start over... but... you can't expect to deal with a device like that.
    11-13-15 08:09 PM
    I've had my priv since launch day and i thought the same thing as well because it was extremely hot but everyday i use it i have less issues with the heat and now a week in my battery is great. I'm currently at 6% and my phone was off the charger at 630 a.m. I was expecting something close to the passport battery life and i find the battery drains quickly when connected to WiFi then when I'm on LTE more than my S6 and Passport but as it trains it's improved. How long did you have your priv for?

11-13-15 09:08 PM

Yep, probably - mine runs cool as a cucumber except when it was being setup the first day and no crashing yet (purchased Nov 6)
    11-13-15 09:16 PM
    Mine stays hot all day long the only time it was cool was when it came out of the box before I turned it on. It stays about as hot as holding a fresh hot cup of coffee with no sleeve. If that makes sense.

Wow, thats hot
    11-13-15 09:17 PM
    I used to have that same problem but since disabling "sync" for all of my email accounts, I've had no issues. Battery life at 43% and it's been off the charger since 8am.. Mind you tho, I've been at work all day so haven't used it much but for some reason, it seems like I'm getting more battery life as the days go by

11-13-15 09:40 PM

Factory reset the device and install the latest software before setting up for accounts. Do not install any non-core applications until you have all accounts configured and synchronized.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 10:18 PM
    Mine was hot on days 1 and 2. It is completely cool to the touch on day 3 even when plugged in.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-13-15 10:20 PM
53 123