I have a Blackberry Priv with Tmobile running 6.0.1. The problem has occured a few times over the months but now has increased to the point of every so often unless I get a voicemail or missed call notification I dont know if I missed a call or not. Doing a phone restart has worked but only temporarily.
    12-03-17 09:13 PM
    I have a Blackberry Priv with Tmobile running 6.0.1. The problem has occured a few times over the months but now has increased to the point of every so often unless I get a voicemail or missed call notification I dont know if I missed a call or not. Doing a phone restart has worked but only temporarily.
    Are you sure that the phone didn't ring? Go to system settings, sound and notifications and see if the phone ringtone is the one that you set. I have a Verizon Priv and periodically, usually after a restart, for no apparent reason, the custom ringtone that I have set, changes back to the default. It is so quiet and seems like an email notification and I miss calls also. Welcome to Android.
    Judah27 likes this.
    12-03-17 10:14 PM
    Are you sure that the phone didn't ring? Go to system settings, sound and notifications and see if the phone ringtone is the one that you set. I have a Verizon Priv and periodically, usually after a restart, for no apparent reason, the custom ringtone that I have set, changes back to the default. It is so quiet and seems like an email notification and I miss calls also. Welcome to Android.
    Hello misterabrasive and thanks for the response. Down or up it still goes straight to voicemail. Sometimes I will literally be perusing on my phone and the voicemail notification will appear and I'm like "it didnt ring or go to the ring screen at all". I tried what you said but honestly I havent had that issue because after I restart the phone I will sometimes get the voicemail notification with the alert sound (straight to voicemail) then after a while it would start to ring.
    12-03-17 11:11 PM
    I just had a similar problem with my Priv but my Bluetooth and WiFi were also being affected. So I was forced to buy an unlocked phone from amazon. Check that the distance range for Bluetooth and WiFi hasn't decreased. It may be the internal antenna
    Judah27 likes this.
    12-05-17 10:17 PM
    Was the issue resolved and did you speak with anyone about it?
    12-06-17 01:51 PM
    Most of the time, going straight to VM is a carrier problem. I'd start with TMo.
    Gigolo69 and Judah27 like this.
    12-07-17 05:27 AM
    Wezard is right. Try that first. Ask them to reset your line etc.
    Judah27 likes this.
    12-07-17 08:04 AM
    Oh really, will do thanks for the advice.
    12-09-17 11:29 PM
    Oh alright will do thanks for the input
    12-09-17 11:29 PM
    I had this happen to me a few times as well.

Either no ring or one ring them voicemail.

Ended up just dumping the phone for a K1. Don't have time to diagnose
    12-10-17 08:08 PM
    There ya go, problem solved, every time a phone glitches, just go drop 5 or 7 hundred on a new one.
    And change carriers, just in case.
    12-11-17 09:18 PM
    There ya go, problem solved, every time a phone glitches, just go drop 5 or 7 hundred on a new one.
    Laugh as you may, the problem is resolved. Now I have a new set of issues. Lol.
    12-11-17 09:20 PM
    That's what all the rich people do. Rich people have issues too.
    12-11-17 10:21 PM
    That's what all the rich people do. Rich people have issues too.
    I had same issue, not a good solution but try setting>wireless and network > more > cellular network > preferred network type
    Select / change to 4g&3g&2g

It worked for me
    05-07-18 02:13 PM
    I had same issue, not a good solution but try setting>wireless and network > more > cellular network > preferred network type
    Select / change to 4g&3g&2g

It worked for me
    The solution you describe would imply that PRIV is suffering from the dreaded "NO SVC" glitch on LTE bands. The actual solution is software update sent out from BlackBerry and in my case AT&T. This problem affected AT&T PRIVs if memory serves me.
    05-07-18 04:40 PM
    I have this problem more often than I would expect on my Z10, but I think most of the times when it happens it's a weak cell network signal issue (the carrier's system makes a decision to send the call directly to voicemail instead of trying to ring it through).
    05-07-18 08:49 PM
    Just tossing my experience into the mix, AT&T has had this issue for over a decade! I had six different phones with FOUR different OS, and the Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo Pro (win 6.5), BlackBerry 9000 and two different Q10 devices have ALL been plagued with this. They make a token effort at best before either saying they can't find a problem or piously pointing out that "wireless devices aren't 100% reliable!"

It's been VERY infuriating when business calls never reach me! IF the caller leaves a message then the 1st clue is when I get it. Often times the notification arrives after as long as a day. The most extreme example was when I got a message left two weeks prior. Worst is that if callers don't leave a message there's never any missed call notification when it's acting up. One time my own kid tried calling 11 times over 30 minutes yet NONE reached me. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger, it's an issue. And of course whenever possible the so-called "tech support" blame the issue on the fact that I have a BlackBerry! No explanation of the same issue with other phones of course...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-10-18 07:03 AM