Just tried to put my sim back into old faithful aka my iphone 6 to use for a couple of days. Only lasted half an hour before I was back in my priv. That's never happened before.

Found myself trying to open an non existent pkb. Also my emails on the iPhone were taking longer to load and format properly. My excel spreadsheet attachments also not opening properly. Something that just works on my Priv.

It's safe to say the iPhone in back in the drawer as backup in case of emergencies. Overall something I've never had to do with an iphone. Tried lots of different flagships and all the different OS including Nokia meego and symbian. I've always gone back to the iPhone.

I think the priv's a keeper!

A happy priv owner

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 02:54 PM
    A few tweaks and yes the Priv will be a winner this year.

Posted via CB10
    Theicecreamman likes this.
    11-29-15 04:32 PM
    Sounds good. Glad to see these types of threads.
    11-29-15 05:17 PM
    It's a nice Phone and the updates will make it better.

wincyUt likes this.
    11-29-15 05:45 PM
    Sounds good. Glad to see these types of threads.
    I agree, I feel like a lot of CrackBerry members are quick to bash. If I were to have the Priv I would hope I would have a bit of patience with the device. Seeing as it is the first android powered BlackBerry I hope I would be understanding of OS issues right out of the gate as well as some minor hardware issues IE - creaking on back of device. I hope we can all give the Priv the time it deserves for updates and tweaking before jumping ship away from the device.

When I get my hands on the VZW version I hope to return to the forums with some constructive criticism while happily typing away via Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:46 PM
    Just tried to put my sim back into old faithful aka my iphone 6 to use for a couple of days. Only lasted half an hour before I was back in my priv. That's never happened before.

Found myself trying to open an non existent pkb. Also my emails on the iPhone were taking longer to load and format properly. My excel spreadsheet attachments also not opening properly. Something that just works on my Priv.

It's safe to say the iPhone in back in the drawer as backup in case of emergencies. Overall something I've never had to do with an iphone. Tried lots of different flagships and all the different OS including Nokia meego and symbian. I've always gone back to the iPhone.

I think the priv's a keeper!

A happy priv owner

Exactly why I left my iPhone 6 last year.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-29-15 08:53 PM
    It's great to hear positive feedbacks. I know people are just waiting for all the bugs to be fixed before they buy the Priv. This is the first time I bought a phone on launch day. I usually wait for the bugs to be fixed before I buy a new phone.
    11-29-15 09:27 PM
    It's great to hear positive feedbacks. I know people are just waiting for all the bugs to be fixed before they buy the Priv. This is the first time I bought a phone on launch day. I usually wait for the bugs to be fixed before I buy a new phone.
    I totally agree. The phone isn't flawless. The occasional lag is there and the camera could be a bit quicker in terms of processing but otherwise a solid effort from blackberry.

On the plus side I've put the gorilla glass to good use. I had the BlackBerry pouch and the phone has faceplanted on multiple occasions as I've tried to remove it in a rush on marble, concrete and accidentally found itself in the bath tub with water. Still working! Typing on it as I speak so can't knock the build lol. Extra bonus No Scratches!!!! Ended up getting the BlackBerry flip case. Safe to say problem solved and the little screen area is great as well. Just need a form fitting tempered glass screen protector and she's all good.

Signal over WiFi and lte has been exceptional. No dropped calls. No dead spots at home anymore. Call quality has been strong on both ends and the battery is epic! Quick-charge a plus as well.

It's how'd I'd describe my iPhone it "just works" , except just a little better productivity wise haha. In all honesty I'm not a big fan of widgets so haven't got any on my phone home screens. Set up quite simple like my iPhone but that's just down to my individual taste. And it works amazingly with my garmin sports watch for notifications etc.

I read every review I could get my hands on and decided to take the plunge anyway on launch day. The updates are definitely helping and everyone I show my Priv to is genuinely intrigued.

My advice to anyone on the fence is go try it. Take every review with scepticism including my mini one here. We all have ups and downs with any phone. This forum is testament to that and I wouldn't lie if there weren't any issues with it. Enjoy your Priv's! I know I am
    11-30-15 02:27 AM
    Other Blackberry device give me the same feeling. Just hope this one will be THE one
    11-30-15 03:41 AM
    The Priv is a great phone but one of the reasons I went back to my iPhone 6s is due to an issue you mention. Emails not loading and formatting as quickly on iPhone? Can't believe that for a second. Emails in the hub dont even format in size anymore as that option isn't available in the hub and images take a good number of seconds to load properly.
    On iPhone it's instant and no resize option as even required as they automatically fit the screen properly and there isn't even an animation of them formatting - it's just done.

Not bashing, but I went back to iPhone until something is done about all these niggling issues.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours though.
    11-30-15 09:08 AM
    Theres a lot of inconsistencies. What works well for some people doesn't work for others which is very frustrating as everything should be the same out of the box.
    11-30-15 09:27 AM
    The Priv is a great phone but one of the reasons I went back to my iPhone 6s is due to an issue you mention. Emails not loading and formatting as quickly on iPhone? Can't believe that for a second. Emails in the hub dont even format in size anymore as that option isn't available in the hub and images take a good number of seconds to load properly.
    On iPhone it's instant and no resize option as even required as they automatically fit the screen properly and there isn't even an animation of them formatting - it's just done.

Not bashing, but I went back to iPhone until something is done about all these niggling issues.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours though.
    I agree with what you're saying. For one thing Apple is a bigger company fixing their bugs and they get fixed sometimes without you noticing it. Every phone has issues. It's what you are willing to live with. About your emails, you might want to check your settings. I know mine have no issues loading, even the pictures are there. The Hub has some bugs that need to be fixed fast. I don't blame you for going back to your iPhone, I've even thought about just going there. Hopefully the bugs get fixed soon.
    11-30-15 08:52 PM
    Refreshing !
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us
    12-01-15 03:20 AM
    Yes great thread. If you will notice there are less naysayers the those that were are silent.

I could not wait for Amazon on launch day so I bought from ATT. This is the second phone I've bought on launch. It is worth it to me to buy it when it first comes out instead of waiting.

Wait for the price to come down is like buying a new car 9 months after they first come out.

Enjoy your new devices!!
    12-01-15 07:33 AM
    If you will notice there are less naysayers the those that were are silent.
    That's because they are busy calling their brokers to cover their positions...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-01-15 07:46 AM
    I am finding my passport se is not used much either. Once you get use to Priv, swiping left and right in hub for action, the task button and GPS. The passport seems like it was great but missing something. I don't have to mess with stuff and side load and Crack apps. Smart watches works like they are supposed to. Yadda Yadda.
    12-01-15 09:28 AM
    A few tweaks and yes the Priv will be a winner this year.

Posted via CB10
    Is that a Priv in your profile picture?
    12-01-15 12:44 PM
    Agreed OP, the Priv is a nice phone; my only "annoying" issue is that my downloaded apps icon are not showing on my screen and I have this "Safe Mode" thingy displaying at the bottom left side corner of phone, obstructing my view of the phone call icon. Don't know if its a hardware problem.
    12-02-15 01:29 PM
    What is really nice with this phone is that if you don't want use the physical keyboard you can use the virtual keyboard with voice typing. The more I use this phone the better I like it
    12-05-15 02:18 PM
    Thought I'd update on the effects of the new software update.

Initial thoughts:
    Hub - faster to delete messages , no more lag
    Camera - faster with hdr and preview now quicker as well as swiping in the gallery.
    Phone faster loading apps now.
    Music volume thru earphones still low.
    Battery was already good but will see if better today.

On the whole very happy.
    12-09-15 01:58 AM
    I'm just curious but have you ever used a bb10 device such as the z10,z30 or passport?

12-09-15 03:20 AM
    I'm just curious but have you ever used a bb10 device such as the z10,z30 or passport?

I have a passport, classic, z30 and a z10. A BlackBerry fanboy.
    12-09-15 03:25 AM