BlackBerry PRIV Review

Not terribly good. But they are an iPhone whorehouse.
    11-06-15 08:10 AM
    That's reasonable...
    11-06-15 08:12 AM
    It's a fair review. Nothing really out of the line, and along the lines of the other reviews, mostly stuff that can be fixed with updates.
    11-06-15 08:14 AM
    I agree. One thing I've found in common so far with all the reading I've been doing is that it should have shipped with marshmallow. Something BlackBerry really didn't have any control over. That will wipe one of them off anyhow lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:17 AM
    I agree. One thing I've found in common so far with all the reading I've been doing is that it should have shipped with marshmallow. Something BlackBerry really didn't have any control over. That will wipe one of them off anyhow lol

Posted via CB10
    Problem is that by the sound of things, if they waited for M, it would be next year. Then people will be bashing the specs.
    11-06-15 08:22 AM
    Problem is that by the sound of things, if they waited for M, it would be next year. Then people will be bashing the specs.
    You're damned if you do, you're damn if you don't. Beside Nexus phones, the only other one that comes with Marshmallow right now is the HTC One A9, so they're slowly coming.

I have a feeling that the reviews really depended on what version (in terms of BlackBerry Camera, Hub, etc) you were running.
    11-06-15 08:26 AM
    Funny how everyone slams on the PRIV for shipping out with Lollipop, but according to an article I read, only 0.3% of Android devices are running on Marshmallow

One month on, Android 6.0 Marshmallow is running on just 0.3% of Android devices | 9to5Google
    dietertong likes this.
    11-06-15 02:05 PM
    Funny how everyone slams on the PRIV for shipping out with Lollipop, but according to an article I read, only 0.3% of Android devices are running on Marshmallow

One month on, Android 6.0 Marshmallow is running on just 0.3% of Android devices | 9to5Google
    Right, but the phone was released NOW. A month after the AOSP was released. So while most older phones have not caught up with MM, there really isnt any Android phones being released right now without MM or at least a date as to when it will get it. But, I understand why they released it on LP since its been through a few updated stages and running clean. That being said, I would have still liked an update timeframe of sorts.
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-06-15 02:08 PM
    Right, but the phone was released NOW. A month after the AOSP was released. So while most older phones have not caught up with MM, there really isnt any Android phones being released right now without MM or at least a date as to when it will get it.
    The Sony z5 launched without it and I don't think there is a date for MM.

As someone else mentioned they are concentrating on security so they have to make sure M is ready and secure or they would have been ripped apart.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 02:11 PM
    Right, but the phone was released NOW. A month after the AOSP was released. So while most older phones have not caught up with MM, there really isnt any Android phones being released right now without MM or at least a date as to when it will get it. But, I understand why they released it on LP since its been through a few updated stages and running clean. That being said, I would have still liked an update timeframe of sorts.
    I understand your point and maybe I just don't know any better, but in order for Blackberry to properly secure Android to their standards, a lot of time is needed for testing and what not, which is a luxury they don't have if they want to get the handsets in consumers' hands before the holiday season. At least they've committed to securing & updating to Android M in the coming months.
    11-06-15 02:19 PM
    I understand your point and maybe I just don't know any better, but in order for Blackberry to properly secure Android to their standards, a lot of time is needed for testing and what not, which is a luxury they don't have if they want to get the handsets in consumers' hands before the holiday season. At least they've committed to securing & updating to Android M in the coming months.
    This is true and I commend them for that. Unfortunately I went on with ordering the Nexus 6P this morning. I couldnt get through to any salespeople when I called the local AT&T stores, and my local Best Buy Mobile said they dont know if they will ever carry it. I wanted this phone to succeed but without the ability to touch and feel it I have to go with what I already know.
    11-06-15 02:25 PM
    Really surprised that reviewers would expect a first gen OS and phone be bug free... know my Apple 6 certainly was not...
    11-06-15 03:01 PM
    the LG V10 just launched what two weeks ago with lollipop you must understand no android phone really launches this early besides the nexus with the newest os, the only reason HTC did was because they are done and had to as the new galaxy phones are coming in feb and march and everyone else will be. can we stop with this imaginary new phones launch with mm it doesn't work that way most android high end phones are launched after or during MWC they come out with the new OS then not before.
    11-06-15 03:05 PM
    An iPhone ***** house??????

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 03:06 PM
    they are an iPhone whorehouse.
    LOL!!!!1!1!!one!!1!
    11-06-15 03:06 PM